The lock down lifting video thread.

king crusher

Anyone who want's to throw them up this could be a good thread.

I'll start with a 90x40 row video and a 80x4 curl video. 

I've curled 70's before but never tried 80's. Little loose but hey, gotta get a bit loose if ya wanna move up right?

• Like 6

I'll share... my workout today was pretty short and quick. Did max deadlifts with 100 lb DB w/ blue fat gripz for 10 min; managed 78 reps. Followed that up with some blue gripz rows and whatever weird sledgehammer deadlift concoction I saw Logan Lindsey doing on Instagram.

Edited by brandon_3s
  • Like 4

Okay, I know this is the gripboard and I know I’m using straps. In my defense I did King Kong prep before deadlifts today because I know after a good deadlift set I’m completely useless. 

Top set (shown) was 480 for a triple. Also got decent movement on the Grab Ball and the Arm Assassin 2” vertical cannon.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Okay, I know this is the gripboard and I know I’m using straps. In my defense I did King Kong prep before deadlifts today because I know after a good deadlift set I’m completely useless. 

Top set (shown) was 480 for a triple. Also got decent movement on the Grab Ball and the Arm Assassin 2” vertical cannon.

Hells yea Tom!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hells yea Tom!

I hit 515 a couple of months ago (and 550 on a frame in December)but until last week I didn’t have enough plates at home to really deadlift. Looking forward to pushing this one.

• Like 1

Since I am stuck at home why not. Not really any weight but I was having a good laugh.

• Like 4

On 4/3/2020 at 11:35 AM, Tom Flesher said:

Nice easy set!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

Since I am stuck at home why not. Not really any weight but I was having a good laugh.

What is that arm armor? 

5 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

No lift. Do you think the Finns aren’t going to get on our asses if we let a lift go while the guy is wearing a freaking vambrace?

41 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

No lift. Do you think the Finns aren’t going to get on our asses if we let a lift go while the guy is wearing a freaking vambrace?

When it goes down and I clutching the last Twinkie, that vambrace will protect my arm while I dispatch them with my melee weapon.

5 hours ago, king crusher said:

What is that arm armor? 

Yea, it was an abandoned project from some time ago that I revisited with my current self-improvement time.

101x15 powerblock db bench.  

This really puts your small stabilizer muscles to the test, making it harder for sure being that its weighted uneven and very large. Resting 101lb dumbells with the small 8lber on your knee is not very comfortable either.

• Like 1

300 Bench / 505 Dead same session

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

300 Bench / 505 Dead same session

Decade my senior and still putting up great numbers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Decade my senior and still putting up great numbers!

Thanks!  Gonna feel that one.  Lol

• Haha 1

This morning we have some crappy Zercher squats. Please enjoy. (300 in the first video, 320 in the second, and I failed 350 falling forward in a comical fashion.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

This morning we have some crappy Zercher squats. Please enjoy. (300 in the first video, 320 in the second, and I failed 350 falling forward in a comical fashion.)

Strong stuff Tom!  Axle Zerchers are evil!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Nice! I've actually never tried those! Where do you feel it hits you the most?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Nice! I've actually never tried those! Where do you feel it hits you the most?

Quads and traps on the lift. Bruised forearms on the inevitable fails. 

• Thanks 1

I'll have to give it a try when I eventually get a barbell. Everything is sold out, same with plates. 

• Like 1

Some dumbbell squats.  These work the core as you dont get to rest them on your back or shoulders/chest. I'd consider these more of a front squat.

Only 140lbs total but felt a lot heavier than 140lbs on a barbell ha

• Like 2

I really need a barbell.

Not sure how many I could do but it would turn into cardio. These should keep me greased up for real deads eventually though ha

Also did pull ups off the side of my rack and it didn't move at all.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 1

First half of my squat workout today was very disappointing, then I somehow pulled a rabbit out of my hat and paused 385x10:

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

First half of my squat workout today was very disappointing, then I somehow pulled a rabbit out of my hat and paused 385x10:

Wow!  I'm happy when I can get that for a single.  Amazing set Eric!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Wow!  I'm halpy when I can get that for a single.  Amazing set Eric!

Thanks, buddy!  Went from sad to happy in one workout.  Lol.