Thick bar

Jman 101

32 minutes ago, Jman 101 said:

Update:  First of all, the bar got here scarily fast!  I’m pretty sure it is faster shipping than Amazon...  

The bar is great.  I can’t imagine needing anything more fancy.  I haven’t loaded it up super heavy yet.  Maybe around 300 lb.  But it felt super solid.  Finish is nice.

Only think I might add is tape ore something to mark the center.  It’s a little hard to find the middle for single hand lifts.

I highly recommend.

Glad you like it! Lucas does amazing work.

I put some electrical tape on mine. It gives it a nice negative space look when there's chalk on it. Haven't tried it for one handed lifts to see if the tape makes a difference. If it comes down to it I was thinking about getting some red spray paint and using painters tape to doing the rings that way (would be nice to touch up my beat up Napalm's Nightmare handle too 😂).

60730001859__FD35381C-042A-4295-9AD7-39D983288B1C.JPG

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jman 101 said:

Update:  First of all, the bar got here scarily fast!  I’m pretty sure it is faster shipping than Amazon...  

The bar is great.  I can’t imagine needing anything more fancy.  I haven’t loaded it up super heavy yet.  Maybe around 300 lb.  But it felt super solid.  Finish is nice.

Only think I might add is tape ore something to mark the center.  It’s a little hard to find the middle for single hand lifts.

I highly recommend.

For center marking I found a metallic sharpie marker the best option for making a visible mark that won't affect friction, I tried all sorts of things but that ended up being the easiest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Glad you like it! Lucas does amazing work.

I put some electrical tape on mine. It gives it a nice negative space look when there's chalk on it. Haven't tried it for one handed lifts to see if the tape makes a difference. If it comes down to it I was thinking about getting some red spray paint and using painters tape to doing the rings that way (would be nice to touch up my beat up Napalm's Nightmare handle too 😂).

60730001859__FD35381C-042A-4295-9AD7-39D983288B1C.JPG

That’s a really good idea.

16 hours ago, Climber028 said:

For center marking I found a metallic sharpie marker the best option for making a visible mark that won't affect friction, I tried all sorts of things but that ended up being the easiest. 

Nice, I might try that as a first step.  Shouldn’t affect grip texture either.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought an axle from Arm Assassin and the total cost was $126 (including shipping). It was shipped out very fast from the time I ordered.