Grippers On The Airplane?

Clay Edgin

I'm flying down to San Diego for a 4 day business trip around the second week of October and need to bring my grippers. I don't want to bring them, but they (the grippers) talked me into it :D Has anyone had the security screeners get their knickers in a twist when you've tried to bring your grippers on the plane? I sure ain't gonna put them into any bag that gets checked. The airline might lose them and then I'll spend 4 days without my grippers. Needless to say, it won't be fun.

Also, I'll likely be free on the evenings of Thursday October 9th and Saturday October 11th after 5 p.m. when I'm in San Diego. If anyone wants to get together and lift or do grip stuff, then let me know.

Yes.

Copenhagen airport (Copenhagen), Charles de Gaulle (Paris), and Sea-Tac (Seattle) airports have all considered them potential bludgeoning weapons.

Check them in your suitcase, they'll be a lot happier. Either that, or you can request that they be kept with the capitain and surrendered back to you at the end of the flight.

RE: Copenhagen airport (Copenhagen), Charles de Gaulle (Paris), and Sea-Tac (Seattle) airports have all considered them potential bludgeoning weapons.

I really wish I was making that up.

One screener even tried to demonstrate holding the gripper in one hand, and hammerfisting with it. This was after attempting to use the gripper as a brass knuckle, but the forward arm kept turning in his hand.

Point is, if they dunno what it is, they're going to say no.

I'm flying down to San Diego for a 4 day business trip around the second week of October and need to bring my grippers. I don't want to bring them, but they (the grippers) talked me into it :D Has anyone had the security screeners get their knickers in a twist when you've tried to bring your grippers on the plane? I sure ain't gonna put them into any bag that gets checked. The airline might lose them and then I'll spend 4 days without my grippers. Needless to say, it won't be fun.

Also, I'll likely be free on the evenings of Thursday October 9th and Saturday October 11th after 5 p.m. when I'm in San Diego. If anyone wants to get together and lift or do grip stuff, then let me know.

No problem here within the US at least. Just packed them in the suitcase.

I'd rather have them make a big deal out of it anyway. At least then I'd know they were recognizing the potential hazards!

I had no problems whatsoever when flying from Newark, NJ to Atlanta, GA with my carry-on grippers. The guy just looked at them, asked me what they were, I told him, and he said, "o.k."

I've taken them a couple of times, more due to forgetting to take them out of my equipment bag. Once I explained them it was ok. Basically when the saw the weight belts, pulling harness & other toys, I think they figured I was a harmless nut.

Minneapolis Airport and Atlanta Airport always search my luggage when I have my grippers with me. It is a pain but I guess I'd rather have them do it. I started packing them in my checked luggage. They still search my bags but at least it doesn't hold me up at the security check points.

My grippers have done a considerable amount of traveling, always in a carry on bag. Sometimes they are removed and examined. I have never been asked about them as I believe it is totally obvious what they are. I think it depends on the person doing duty at the security stop. I live in San Diego and, therefore, my grippers have been through security here many times. But if you run into someone with an attitude, who knows.

PM me and if we can work it out I'd like you to have a go at my #3 and #4 to see how they compare to yours and others you have felt.

-----

Snott - That was a little inappropriate, don't you think?

I was trying to be funny.... the word "was" fits here - BTW, Maggie knows me and knows that I would not try to insult her in any way. Anyhow, that response was deleted.