Wannagrip

The Virus Lockdown - How are You Effected?

Bearcat 74

I’ve not figured out why people that aren’t out anything are getting paid?   I’m lucky enough to still be working, I don’t want a check nor do I deserve one.  The guy down the road that’s my age but been on disability and unemployment for the past 30yrs isn’t out anything either.  I know it’s to buy votes but at some point the tax payer is going to have to be like the shop keeper from Pale Rider, “ the tits gone dry.”

If someone has lost a job and isn’t be hired back then they need something to get back going.  Handing out money to Cousin Eddie that ain’t worked in 7 years, F that. 

• Like 1

Climber028
4 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

I’ve not figured out why people that aren’t out anything are getting paid?   I’m lucky enough to still be working, I don’t want a check nor do I deserve one.  The guy down the road that’s my age but been on disability and unemployment for the past 30yrs isn’t out anything either.  I know it’s to buy votes but at some point the tax payer is going to have to be like the shop keeper from Pale Rider, “ the tits gone dry.”

If someone has lost a job and isn’t be hired back then they need something to get back going.  Handing out money to Cousin Eddie that ain’t worked in 7 years, F that. 

Because it's hard to identify which group people belong to. This is the flaw with all social programs, sorting a few hundred million people is incredibly difficult, so if you just give it to everyone it probably ends up costing less than the administration fees to do it the other way. If people don't need the money just give half to the grip board and spend the other half on some new implements. 

• Haha 1

Climber028
Posted (edited)

I promise I understand you, I also knew in the fall that something was going to happen this year just not that it would be a virus. What's more upsetting to me is the senators who actually insider traded, I'm okay with private companies doing basically anything. 

Edit: oops I think I was meant to have quoted Tommy here, you all understand it's fine. 

Edited by Climber028
Typo

Vinnie
1 hour ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Yes, for the same reason, even if I made less money and would be receiving the $1200, I would think I didn't deserve it (and my retired mother doesn't deserve it) because I still have my job and have not lost anything.  I think it is simply that it would be impossible to create a system where you had to show how you were affected in order to get the money, and still do it quickly enough to get the money to the people who most need it right now.  So they give it to the lowest earners and figure that way is not perfect but at least timely for the most needy.  I will note that people who make $100K in expensive areas, and who lost their jobs, are much worse off than folks who make $75K in cheaper areas and kept their jobs -- but it is hard for folks to sit around feeling bad for any six-figure earner, even if he lost his job, supports a kid, and has $3000/month rent for a 700-sq ft two-bedroom apartment.

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

$1,875 of Lost in Space lookin H20 heater.  1.56 gubmint checks right der.  Guaranteed never to leak for my young wife and her 2nd husband after I die from the Kung Fru.  

20200325_163959.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Bearcat 74
39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

$1,875 of Lost in Space lookin H20 heater.  1.56 gubmint checks right der.  Guaranteed never to leak for my young wife and her 2nd husband after I die from the Kung Fru.  

20200325_163959.jpg

C-3PO is gonna be pissed you stole his buddy. 

• Haha 1

king crusher
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

20200325_163959.jpg

We should all take pics of our water heaters, it's now a water heater thread! Mine is also a new Rheem. My old one went out so I just bought a new house and got the new rheem for free...I think thats a better way to get a water heater. 

20200325_162718.jpg

Edited by king crusher
  • Haha 1

Bearcat 74

Operation. Dumpling was a go. Mission successful

0420FEAC-878E-45E4-9C38-D3DEE48A3B30.jpeg

DBD8B0AF-FD9D-477D-9039-A6E4A70B063B.jpeg

6E375F74-F9FB-40D3-88EF-066143536D84.jpeg

• Like 5

Bearcat 74
2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

We should all take pics of our water heaters. Mine is also a new Rheem. My old one went put so I just bought a new house and got the new rheem for free...I think thats a better way to get a water heater. 

I built a new house and bought a new water heater. I’m filing a grievance!

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

C-3PO is gonna be pissed you stole his buddy. 

I know right?

Mike Rinderle
15 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Operation. Dumpling was a go. Mission successful

0420FEAC-878E-45E4-9C38-D3DEE48A3B30.jpeg

DBD8B0AF-FD9D-477D-9039-A6E4A70B063B.jpeg

6E375F74-F9FB-40D3-88EF-066143536D84.jpeg

I'm divorcing Crusher and moving in with you Heath.

• Sad 1

Bearcat 74
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm divorcing Crusher and moving in with you Heath.

Just be sure to bring your water heater in case ours goes down.  

• Haha 2

Tommy J.

Another blatant “hello” moment for everyone should be this- we all agree the MSM is full of shit, right?

and is fear mongering, right?

if that’s the case, then why is the MSM also telling us China or any other country already has this thing contained? And further, why are YOU believing it?

there ain’t no friggin way China has this thing stopped. For anyone that would like to hear some cliff notes, China sent 10’s of thousands of military directly to Wuhan to impose a forced quarantine. That involved direct contact with the infected. being face to face with them while they welded the infected inside their own homes. And China claims that not a SINGLE military person that was deployed to Wuhan for the quarantine was infected?? Sheeeiiiit... 

then let’s talk about the 21 million newly disappeared cell phone activity out of China. Yeah.... what happened to those people all of a sudden?

just sayin.. 2% of 1 Billion is 20 million. China hasn’t slowed a damn thing.

king crusher
Posted (edited)

They say the death toll has passed 20,000 worldwide now. So, its ALMOST up to the death toll the United states has due to the flu in a light year.(a heavy year in the United states ALONE is 60-80,000)

Only reason I mention that is because I NEVER hear a daily total on the MSM about all the flu deaths each....and......every......year. are they just not important enough? 

Pathetic. 

Edited by king crusher

Mike Rinderle

This is how we spent our Thursday.  Trying to keep the boy busy.  Also took a hike.

• Like 3

DAVE101
8 hours ago, king crusher said:

They say the death toll has passed 20,000 worldwide now. So, its ALMOST up to the death toll the United states has due to the flu in a light year.(a heavy year in the United states ALONE is 60-80,000)

Only reason I mention that is because I NEVER hear a daily total on the MSM about all the flu deaths each....and......every......year. are they just not important enough? 

Pathetic. 

All this has already been pointed out, but here we go again:

1. It’s hardly been 3 months, should be obvious why 3 months of deaths is more newsworthy than the same amount of deaths in 12 months. 

2. COVID is novel and unpredictable. Seasonal flu is. You ever heard of a Flu shot?

3. Flu has been around for hundreds of years. Why would it be newsworthy to cover the same flu death rate year after year?

Mike Rinderle

Walter Wipe

• Haha 2

king crusher
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

All this has already been pointed out, but here we go again:

1. It’s hardly been 3 months, should be obvious why 3 months of deaths is more newsworthy than the same amount of deaths in 12 months. 

2. COVID is novel and unpredictable. Seasonal flu is. You ever heard of a Flu shot?

3. Flu has been around for hundreds of years. Why would it be newsworthy to cover the same flu death rate year after year?

This is being pushed due to an agenda, make no mistake about it. That coupled with the MSM insatiable thirst for shock and awe, it's being blown wayyyy out of proportion.  

Yeah, it's only been three months,  and it's at half a million confirmed cases across the world. That is PEANUTS compared to the CDCs estimate of 38-54 MILLION cases of Flu from Oct 1st 2019- March 14th of this year.

Again, I ask, are the 290-650 Thousand people who die worldwide less important then the people who die of the Chinese flu? Or don't their deaths fit the agenda?

Edited by king crusher

bdckr
10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

This is being pushed due to an agenda, make no mistake about it. That coupled with the MSM insatiable thirst for shock and awe, it's being blown wayyyy out of proportion.  

Yeah, it's only been three months,  and it's at half a million confirmed cases across the world. That is PEANUTS compared to the CDCs estimate of 38-54 MILLION cases of Flu from Oct 1st 2019- March 14th of this year.

Again, I ask, are the 290-650 Thousand people who die worldwide less important then the people who die of the Chinese flu? Or don't their deaths fit the agenda?

I think you're going to drive yourself crazy if you look at the numbers.  We're never going to get any satisfaction because of the deficiencies in the way data is being collected.

Besides my earlier point about the fact that a first world country ran out of ventilators and had to decide who would not get life-saving treatment, the data is bad in both directions.  Yes, we will  miss cases of COVID-19 when milder cases aren't tested.  But we will also miss the impact that dealing with a pandemic will have on directing resources away from other serious health problems. It means that the guy who had a heart attack may not get his tPA quickly enough and die, even though he didn't have COVID-19.  Here's a good example of the idea of excess deaths:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/this-is-very-important-from-italy-please-read

Nembro, in the province of Bergamo, is the town most hard hit in per capita terms by COVID-19. Currently the town has 31 deaths attributed to COVID-19. But when the two authors looked at the total number of deaths registered in the town in January, February and March and compared it to the average for that period in previous years they found the number was dramatically larger. 158 deaths have been registered in the town during that period this year compared to an average of 35 in previous years.

The math is simple: the average of 35 plus the 31 COVID-19 deaths gets you to 66. But the town has recorded almost 100 more deaths on top of that. As the authors say, “The difference is enormous and cannot be a simple statistical deviation.”

The authors applied the same analysis to two other towns and in both came up with anomalous deaths 6.1 times the number officially attributed to COVID-19. The ratio was even higher for Bergamo as a whole.

• Like 1

Climber028

I don't really try too hard to convince people of how bad this is if they are very skeptical, instead of arguing I just need to wait a few months and everything will be answered. The magnitude of true cases, hospital capacities and exponential growth make it very easy to predict what's going to happen. The lack of social distancing is also isn't doing us any favors. 

• Like 3

bdckr
17 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I don't really try too hard to convince people of how bad this is if they are very skeptical, instead of arguing I just need to wait a few months and everything will be answered. The magnitude of true cases, hospital capacities and exponential growth make it very easy to predict what's going to happen. The lack of social distancing is also isn't doing us any favors. 

I feel that way sometimes, too.  But people don't deserve to die for being skeptical.

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)

I guess since I’ve been vague about my stance on this, I’ll elaborate my thoughts.

this is not fake. This virus is real. And it has medical professionals (a few of which I know personally) openly admitting it is scary. Albeit they are still not panicking. And respect the thankless efforts they continue to put forth trying to keep this thing under control.

i think China lied through their teeth, and still are about the numbers they are “finding”. I don’t believe for one second the numbers we’re hearing out of China are even remotely accurate. I think FAR more in China are infected, continue to get infected, and far more have died than they will admit. But yet everybody keeps regurgitating the lying numbers China alleges. Believing them... while at the same time saying the entire rest of the world is lying.. “but not China.. they are telling the truth.” 🧐

everybody keeps comparing this to the regular flu. Almost in a mocking manner. Like they think it makes their case look any better to announce that “a hundred gagillion people die from the flu every year”.... well genius.... think about this.. that’s how many die a year from the regular flu a year........ wait for it.......... WITH proper vaccinations and known treatments! This thing has ZERO proper cure. ZERO proper vaccinations. Time will fix any doubts that this is a real pandemic.

As far as MSM, I can’t stand the friggin fear mongering 24/7 coverage of this pandemic. Like they friggin get off on it.. it’s disgusting. Howbout lets hear some of the positive cases? About how a lot in their 70’s and 80’s are pulling through? Instead of bold headline frenzy’s from every news outlet announcing every time someone succumbs.

I think there is an agenda here as well. I have no idea what that agenda is or might be... but i think the shit is man made. And I think it was weaponized. Obviously I’m making HUGE assumptions here... and I don't care. Because my tin foil hat sentiments don’t sound any crazier than those who keep alleging the whole thing is fake.

I’m stuck on all these CEO’s stepping down prior to this pandemic. There is no way in my mind anyone can make that phenomenon non attention getting in this deal.

i have no guesses as to “who” might have made the virus. Or “why” they did. But it didn’t just manifest from a friggin bat any more than aids did from monkeys.

edit: I just read that America is the leading infected country on the planet... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Anybody else finally starting to see that China is blatantly lying????? In a HUGE way!!!

No way a congested country of over 1 billion people has LESS infected people than we do. Especially considering the nasty ass conditions (wet markets, etc.) and piss poor medical treatment they receive over there when compared to ours. And especially especially considering they had nearly a 2 month head start on spreading it than what the US had.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

king crusher
34 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Yeah, its certain that more people have this than have been tested, some currently and some already over it, so it's also certain that the death rate is way lower than the MSM would like you to believe. 

Hubgeezer

Gripboard Geezer and Gripboard Millennial, a Conversation:

GG: What are you going to do with your Covid-19 Treasury Check?

GM: I am going to spend half of it on Grippers and Liquor, and the other half I am going to spend foolishly.

GG: Okay, as long as you have a Plan...

• Haha 1

wobbler

@king crusher let's get real for a second. Argue all you want, not as bad as the flu, whatever.

Are you still going out places all the time? Are you washing your hands as recommended? What steps are you personally taking or not taking? Visiting elderly friends/relatives? Licking doorknobs because you think it's all a joke?