Inch Dumbell Handle

RogerSteffens

Just got my Inch handle from PDA 30 minutes ago. Solidly made. Handle is actually slicker than I hoped it would be. Did a light lift first then loaded it to 174, which I was able to get off the ground 2-3 inches with my right hand and just cleared the ground with my left.  I also tried tossing it from hand to hand (88lbs) as I'd been doing with the Farmers bar, and it seems to work well. I have short thumbs, for example, my thumb is largely at the top of the grip, so its real hard to get any pressure.

Guest Luke Reimer

Roger, Wannagrip, this PDA replica has been on my wish list for a little while too. One thing I was wondering about was the mechanism for holding the plates on; I can't quite tell from the picture. Do you think it would be sturdy enough for snatches and cleans? Have you guys tried any?

Some days ago one of the nuts on my spin-lock dumbbell came off right at the top of a warm-up snatch, and plates came raining down around my feet. Fortunately they scored no hits on me, and fortunately I"m on the ground floor here.

Roger, my thumbs don't seem to help my lifts any either. I don't know whether its that they are short, or have unusually thick webbing. In any case, for me to get my fingers under the bar, I have to have my thumb resting (rather inertly at that) on top.

I use GINCS.  If they can't hold the plates on, nothing can.

Genuine Ironhorse Nutbuster Collars (GINCS).