More stuff from Nathan Holle

Anemptybox

For those who may have missed it, Nathan has been uploading quite a few videos the last couple of days. (Sorry if the links are embedded a bit weird, Instagram won't let me copy the links in any other way it seems.)

Another GHP 9 block set close:

GHP 9 reverse handle close (palm handle on fingers):

CoC 4 CCS close from 2013 (notice how slow and controlled it looks!):

This clip is a new one, CoC 4 close:

😲

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 3

He has been posting huge closes and suggesting he is "back to 60-70% strength after breaking his wrist". 

In one post I'm fairly certain he mentioned wanting to "get back to closing the Tetting Pro."

Crazy. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

He has been posting huge closes and suggesting he is "back to 60-70% strength after breaking his wrist". 

In one post I'm fairly certain he mentioned wanting to "get back to closing the Tetting Pro."

Crazy. 

From what I'v heard, Bro, he is gun'n for the World Class!

1 hour ago, The Under Table said:

From what I'v heard, Bro, he is gun'n for the World Class!

Nathan has amazing crush. One of the best. A WC is way way harder than a PRO and a PRO is harder than a #4. Yes Nathan did say he closed a WC. Wes Peart once TNSed a PRO. It was a narrow PRO. Perhaps Nathan closed a narrow WC too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Nathan has amazing crush. One of the best. A WC is way way harder than a PRO and a PRO is harder than a #4. Yes Nathan did say he closed a WC. Wes Peart once TNSed a PRO. It was a narrow PRO. Perhaps Nathan closed a narrow WC too.

He’s told me the hardest two he has (and has closed) are the pro and GHP 10 grippers. Although if he trained for it, I believe he’d get the WC. People don’t realize he’s also lifted the millennium dumbbell with each hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

He’s told me the hardest two he has (and has closed) are the pro and GHP 10 grippers. Although if he trained for it, I believe he’d get the WC. People don’t realize he’s also lifted the millennium dumbbell with each hand.

GHP10 rated around a WC too. But a GhP is not narrow. He lifted a Millennium? Wow great who's bell was it?

On 3/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, Alawadhi said:

GHP10 rated around a WC too. But a GhP is not narrow. He lifted a Millennium? Wow great who's bell was it?

Nathan made Inch replicas of 106kg. Probably one of these. They have a short handle with no knurling like the holle Inch replica and are probably harder to lift than a "orginial" MDB. 

7 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Nathan made Inch replicas of 106kg. Probably one of these. They have a short handle with no knurling like the holle Inch replica and are probably harder to lift than a "orginial" MDB. 

A shorter handle on a not so wide palm is harder yes. Which makes this feat more impressive. Any videos? 

I think the only type of thick bar video I've seen of Nathan is a Rolling Thunder 140 kg / 308 lbs he posted on his "Instagram stories". I'm not really into Instagram so I'm actually not sure how to see it or link it.

Here's another casual CoC 4 close from Nathan:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

A shorter handle on a not so wide palm is harder yes. Which makes this feat more impressive. Any videos? 

I haven't seen it. But I remember reading Chris James witnessed the feat. Not sure about that… Hope Nathan will be to full strength back and do it on Video. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just Nathan doing some casual closes with an insanely heavy 220 RGC CoC 4 AFTER his main gripper training session..

• Like 4

Indeed, entire family seems to have a gorilla grip. I don't know much about bending but it looks pretty crazy with three Holle brothers here on the Red Nail list, all done in 2003:
http://www.ironmind.com/certification/red-nail-gold-nail-/red-nail-roster/

Here's Gavin bending the nail without too much effort:

Gavin_Holle.jpg

And then there's five different Holle's on the CoC 3 list in 2002.

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Just Nathan doing some casual closes with an insanely heavy 220 RGC CoC 4 AFTER his main gripper training session..

Pretty cool to see some new stuff from him, especially on rated grippers. 👌

That video of the ccs close of the #4 where he uses his drivers license cuts out before the gripper opens after the close 🤔

Nathan Holle, of all people related grip, has earned the right to be trusted here on the GripBoard. One would imagine that many simply assumed the video was cut short due to either quick video editing and/or for the sake of brevity. Why conclude that there is a nefarious agenda at play here instead?🤔

Edited by Ricochet
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Ricochet said:

Nathan Holle, of all people related grip, has earned the right to be trusted here on the GripBoard. One would imagine that many simply assumed the video was cut short due to either quick video editing and/or for the sake of brevity. Why conclude that there is a nefarious agenda at play here instead?🤔

It was supposed to be a joke. Step off your soap box and lighten up

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

It was supposed to be a joke. Step off your soap box and lighten up

Missed it being a joke. No soapbox. Light as a feather. All cool here.😃

• Like 1

That is one very thick, meaty hand - lots of muscle - how big a man is he?

6 hours ago, climber511 said:

That is one very thick, meaty hand - lots of muscle - how big a man is he?

Not sure of his height or weight. But he's said that his hands are just shy of 8 inches

Height 193 cm and 125 kg bodyweight (from a comment around 18 months ago).
Hand and wrist size 203 mm.

Squat 250 kg, 305 kg deadlift, 230 kg bench, 155 kg overhead press.

• Like 2

I have always been enamored at the perceived size of his wrist in videos. They look massive. It looks like his forearm just goes all the way to his hand.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I have always been enamored at the perceived size of his wrist in videos. They look massive. It looks like his forearm just goes all the way to his hand.

He is a huge man and a carpenter by trade so with that and all the grip training he has done no wonder. Also he told me on Insta that he has plate curled 25kg for 2 reps! thats insane. Maybe a handful of men could do that in the world. He is working on plate curls of 20kgx10 reps. He said plate curls are his fave exercise. A few weeks ago he has a story post on instagram saying his upper and lower arms size, what they used to be and what they are now. I cant remember the details but im sure he said his forearms used to be near 18" when at his strongest. Not sure what style of measurement though.

Edit. Found the post. 19.5 upper arms and 18 inch forearms at his stongest. He recently broke his wrist so will have lost some size from that. Now sitting at 17.5 upper and just under 15 lower now. Im sure he will gain more size back as he gets back to full strength.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3