Sign in to follow this  
Anemptybox

More (old) stuff from Nathan Holle

Anemptybox
Posted (edited)

For those who may have missed it, Nathan has been uploading quite a few videos the last couple of days. (Sorry if the links are embedded a bit weird, Instagram won't let me copy the links in any other way it seems.)

Another GHP 9 block set close:

GHP 9 reverse handle close (palm handle on fingers):

CoC 4 CCS close from 2013 (notice how slow and controlled it looks!):

This clip is a new one, CoC 4 close:

😲

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 3

The Under Table

Word has it that Holle TABLE NO-SET that GHP 9!!

Incomprehensible, impossible, unfathomable. You pick the word!

Cannon

He has been posting huge closes and suggesting he is "back to 60-70% strength after breaking his wrist". 

In one post I'm fairly certain he mentioned wanting to "get back to closing the Tetting Pro."

Crazy. 

• Like 2

The Under Table
8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

He has been posting huge closes and suggesting he is "back to 60-70% strength after breaking his wrist". 

In one post I'm fairly certain he mentioned wanting to "get back to closing the Tetting Pro."

Crazy. 

From what I'v heard, Bro, he is gun'n for the World Class!

Alawadhi
1 hour ago, The Under Table said:

From what I'v heard, Bro, he is gun'n for the World Class!

Nathan has amazing crush. One of the best. A WC is way way harder than a PRO and a PRO is harder than a #4. Yes Nathan did say he closed a WC. Wes Peart once TNSed a PRO. It was a narrow PRO. Perhaps Nathan closed a narrow WC too.

ChimpGrip
1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Nathan has amazing crush. One of the best. A WC is way way harder than a PRO and a PRO is harder than a #4. Yes Nathan did say he closed a WC. Wes Peart once TNSed a PRO. It was a narrow PRO. Perhaps Nathan closed a narrow WC too.

He’s told me the hardest two he has (and has closed) are the pro and GHP 10 grippers. Although if he trained for it, I believe he’d get the WC. People don’t realize he’s also lifted the millennium dumbbell with each hand.

Alawadhi
5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

He’s told me the hardest two he has (and has closed) are the pro and GHP 10 grippers. Although if he trained for it, I believe he’d get the WC. People don’t realize he’s also lifted the millennium dumbbell with each hand.

GHP10 rated around a WC too. But a GhP is not narrow. He lifted a Millennium? Wow great who's bell was it?

Florian Kellersmann
On 3/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, Alawadhi said:

GHP10 rated around a WC too. But a GhP is not narrow. He lifted a Millennium? Wow great who's bell was it?

Nathan made Inch replicas of 106kg. Probably one of these. They have a short handle with no knurling like the holle Inch replica and are probably harder to lift than a "orginial" MDB. 

Royz

I heard he used to crush diamonds with his bare hands...

• Haha 1

Alawadhi
7 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Nathan made Inch replicas of 106kg. Probably one of these. They have a short handle with no knurling like the holle Inch replica and are probably harder to lift than a "orginial" MDB. 

A shorter handle on a not so wide palm is harder yes. Which makes this feat more impressive. Any videos? 

Anemptybox

I think the only type of thick bar video I've seen of Nathan is a Rolling Thunder 140 kg / 308 lbs he posted on his "Instagram stories". I'm not really into Instagram so I'm actually not sure how to see it or link it.

Here's another casual CoC 4 close from Nathan:

• Like 1

Florian Kellersmann
18 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

A shorter handle on a not so wide palm is harder yes. Which makes this feat more impressive. Any videos? 

I haven't seen it. But I remember reading Chris James witnessed the feat. Not sure about that… Hope Nathan will be to full strength back and do it on Video. 

• Like 1