Blob Century

Squeezus

After seeing the @Too Tall do 40 reps with his Blob 50 in a little over 3min, I decided I wanted to try to do 100 lifts on my Blob 50 in less than 10min. I succeeded in getting 104 reps (extras in case I miscounted) in 8:33. I also got a pretty bad flapper on my left thumb in the last set. I would love to see some other folks give this a try.

• Like 14

This is incredibly impressive Gil

33 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

This is incredibly impressive Gil

This!

Gave this a shot! Too much cardio for me, whew! If I try this again, I’ll do it fresh and shoot for a bit more

• Like 9

Awesome work @Boulderbrew! I knew you'd be able to pull it off. Two days later, my forearms are a little tight, but the hammies and low back definitely got smoked!

Should we see if they can make a section in the Community Stats since there's two of us now? 

• Like 1

Way to go men...very strong 💪🏻

I will have to try the 100 rep challenge soon.
I was just playing around and got bored with my video. 

Great challenge though...maybe we should change to fastest to 100 reps without re-chalking? Maybe make it more challenging?  Just thoughts? 

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Way to go men...very strong 💪🏻

I will have to try the 100 rep challenge soon.
I was just playing around and got bored with my video. 

Great challenge though...maybe we should change to fastest to 100 reps without re-chalking? Maybe make it more challenging?  Just thoughts? 

I definitely want to see how fast you can do it! I dunno about the no-rechalking, though. That might end up being a test of who has the least sweaty hands or who lives in the coldest place. Tanner did max reps in 10min, I did shortest time to 100 reps. I think shortest time is best (especially in terms of saving skin and back). @Boulderbrew any way you can figure out how long it took you to get to 100?

• Like 2

I just tried it without re- chalking and did 75 reps in under 10m.  I just stopped at 75 since I opened up the can of worms on no re-chalking.  I live in GA...so very humid today. I’m not sure I can get 100 without re- chalking. I’ll try again next week...bc I’m toast 🤣

I videoed it and I will have up soon.  If u feel like it...give a go at how many u can do without re-chalking in under 10m. 

I’ll also try next week or the next  to see how fast I can do 100 with re-chalking.  Fun challenges. You both are very strong 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• Like 2

That's nuts @Too Tall. Once my thumb is healed up, I'll take a jab at it. I'm gonna have my fan on, though. 🤣

I thought I was going to pass out...should’ve turned my fan on 🤣🤣🤣

You can do it for sure💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

3 hours ago, Squeezus said:

I definitely want to see how fast you can do it! I dunno about the no-rechalking, though. That might end up being a test of who has the least sweaty hands or who lives in the coldest place. Tanner did max reps in 10min, I did shortest time to 100 reps. I think shortest time is best (especially in terms of saving skin and back). @Boulderbrew any way you can figure out how long it took you to get to 100?

I just watched my video back, I did 100 reps in 7:50. Surprisingly my hands aren’t sore, but my lower back is super sore.

• Like 1

If you feel like it Tanner...give the no Re-chalk a try and see how many reps you can get in under 10m. I was toast at 75 reps. 

• Like 1

Gil, Tanner and Chad; that is super amazing. On Wednesday I tried the blob50 challenge. First 3 minutes got around 10. 10 minutes got 21. Half an hour got 52. The more time passed the better my hands got adapted. Until I messed up with my thumb skin! It was fun nonetheless.

Edit: And yes I've always been bad at endurance. 

Edited by Alawadhi

Anyway to avoid this?

IMG_20200322_235231.jpg

IMG_20200322_235239.jpg

@Alawadhi 52 blob lifts is a lot, man. Sometimes is doesn't matter how tough your hands are. That much friction is going to cause a blister. I noticed that my hand that was stronger on blobs didn't get as much wear and tear as the weaker one. So you might be able to get stronger at that width and also build up thicker skin on that part of your thumb and prevent a blister, but I think it's pretty much uncharted territory since nobody has done this many lifts on blobs in the past.

15 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Gil, Tanner and Chad; that is super amazing. On Wednesday I tried the blob50 challenge. First 3 minutes got around 10. 10 minutes got 21. Half an hour got 52. The more time passed the better my hands got adapted. Until I messed up with my thumb skin! It was fun nonetheless.

Edit: And yes I've always been bad at endurance. 

Thank you. 

That’s awesome on your lifts! Way to go 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Edited by Too Tall

9 hours ago, Squeezus said:

@Alawadhi 52 blob lifts is a lot, man. Sometimes is doesn't matter how tough your hands are. That much friction is going to cause a blister. I noticed that my hand that was stronger on blobs didn't get as much wear and tear as the weaker one. So you might be able to get stronger at that width and also build up thicker skin on that part of your thumb and prevent a blister, but I think it's pretty much uncharted territory since nobody has done this many lifts on blobs in the past.

Makes sense. The stronger I hold it the less friction. When I reached 50 reps then I changed to fatman. Did one with each hand and that was what really tore my skin. I peeled it btw. Now with this Corona I have time to train, will train in two days but will take it easy on pinch. 

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Thank you. 

That’s awesome on your lifts! Way to go 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Thanks! :rock 

I gave it a go...did 140 total reps total and 6:58 for 100. Also finished with a RH blob curl at the end, LH couldnt do it. 

https://youtu.be/81cOcewfIbA

• Like 11

Great work, @Lucasraymond! Good idea going with the touch-n-go reps. That probably saved a lot of time. I may have to try that next time. Is Jedd gonna give it a try too?

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

I gave it a go...did 140 total reps total and 6:58 for 100. Also finished with a RH blob curl at the end, LH couldnt do it. 

Insane

59 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Great work, @Lucasraymond! Good idea going with the touch-n-go reps. That probably saved a lot of time. I may have to try that next time. Is Jedd gonna give it a try too?

Not sure if he is going to or not. I think < 5.5-6 min is totally doable for sure...i split my LH thumb webbing on rep 10 but it stayed the same the rest of the reps. Def killer on the posterior chain and respiratory system. 

19 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Not sure if he is going to or not. I think < 5.5-6 min is totally doable for sure...i split my LH thumb webbing on rep 10 but it stayed the same the rest of the reps. Def killer on the posterior chain and respiratory system. 

Saw you in Jujis newest arm wrestling video. Did you pull juji? 

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Saw you in Jujis newest arm wrestling video. Did you pull juji? 

Ive pulled juji a few times in the past, LH we are fairly even but RH I'm definitely stronger. He still has some time to learn how to move on the table more fluidly. 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lucasraymond said:

Awesome 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 Very strong! 

If you get bored and feel like trying...see how many reps you can do with no re-chalking. 

• Like 1