2020 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Seriously? May I ask who wouldn't let you borrow their implements.  Only because I'd like to tell them what cun+$ they are.  I've been doing this for 15 years now.  I've never heard of anyone, ever, not lending equipment. 

The first contest I ever ran had all borrowed equipment.  Thanks @Jedd Johnson.  I currently have a borrowed Inch dumbbell and a borrowed Fatman in my shed.  ( Gracias @Paul Knight @Tank Andrade  )

I've lent things out.  Everyone has.  It's what this tiny little community is known for.

So, in conclusion... if you're the person that won't loan your kit out for a day... you sir/madam are a dick and have no business calling yourself a griptard like the rest of us.

Or in the immortal words of Tony Montana... #uck you you #uckin #uck.

Edit: not going to delete this.  Meant it when I said it.   But it was based on bs from Laine, so I'll just walk away.  Done with this thread and really done with Layne.  Just unbelievable. 

For Christ's sake!  We're a fuc@$n family here.  Have been for 20 years.  If you're going to lie like a POS, stay the #uck out.

Excuse me - no BS from me...I tried to get the contest done in or around London...no go...I asked to borrow kit to run a contest myself as Eric had suggested...no, I was told that the person had items go missing in the past.

At NO point did I say the promoter decided to use COVID as an excuse not to have the contest as they wouldn't do well??? - not sure where you got that from, but it isn't in any of my posts...

I asked if I could borrow kit to host an event and got a negative response - and I can prove that, and everything else I have written.

Laine

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Dead

To

Me

Good luck trying to change everyone else's mind after that $#it show.  Wish you nothing but the best. Seriously. 

Rindo out.

Probably not a popular comment from myself either, but your obviously free to have your own opinion Mike. However, to be fair to Laine, he never made a big deal out of the person cancelling or not loaning the equipment. As a matter of fact, he even said multiple times that he understood the decision and lived with it. He never said the person was a selfish cunt nor any other disparaging remarks.  You actually took it upon yourself to make those remarks without knowing the full story. Maybe that is a good lesson we can all learn from as I am sure we have all been there. I have had to apologize myself for doing similar in the past and it is not a good position to be in.

Should Laine have divulged more details, probably so. However, I doubt he thought people were going to get so bent out of shape about the other people involved so quickly. I think this is a situation we can all learn from and not make it the end all be all of camaraderie for people in this thread. We are all adults and I believe we can all get through misunderstandings without letting our emotions or ego's get the better of us.

• Like 1

Ok

Edited by Mike Rinderle

3 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Probably not a popular comment from myself either, but your obviously free to have your own opinion Mike. However, to be fair to Laine, he never made a big deal out of the person cancelling or not loaning the equipment. As a matter of fact, he even said multiple times that he understood the decision and lived with it. He never said the person was a selfish cunt nor any other disparaging remarks.  You actually took it upon yourself to make those remarks without knowing the full story. Maybe that is a good lesson we can all learn from as I am sure we have all been there. I have had to apologize myself for doing similar in the past and it is not a good position to be in.

Should Laine have divulged more details, probably so. However, I doubt he thought people were going to get so bent out of shape about the other people involved so quickly. I think this is a situation we can all learn from and not make it the end all be all of camaraderie for people in this thread. We are all adults and I believe we can all get through misunderstandings without letting our emotions or ego's get the better of us.

Ok

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If you are finding your value as a man, woman, or person from grip... you need to redirect your life.  

💪💪💪👍👍👍

• Like 2

Just now, Hubgeezer said:

💪💪💪👍👍👍

Couldn't agree more with Mike's post you are referring to either. Somehow I think it accidentally got deleted though.

• Like 1

Sorry

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Sorry.  Moving on.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Sorry.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Look.  Sorry. Can we just talk about this amazing contest other than the same people that come up with excuses over & over why they can't compete? 

Any way you slice this, King Kong really is an amazing contest. No question. It is the most unique thing going on in the world of grip. No doubt about it. I injured myself 11 weeks ago, and only recovered fully in the last two weeks. So what! So I am not going to do as well as I otherwise would have. So what! 

In this world-wide shut down, we will all figure out a way to compete safely, and have a good time in our little slice of a sport/hobby/cult/club whatever we decide to call ourselves. And right now, that's as good as it is going to get for us. It is you versus you, and if it takes a structured contest to get up for it, that is just fine with me. No, we are not building World Peace and Understanding, but who is these days? On the other hand, we have both Russia and the Ukraine competing, so maybe we are doing more than our part. 

• Like 2

It was very sad to read everything above ...
Many years ago I was not bad at virology. My professor at the university was an academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences and had many innovative developments and discoveries. I simply had no other option but to learn everything he gave me, even if I had to go without sleep for a couple of days for this ... Then, in the early 2010s, I did some work for the ukrainian division of Alltech. For this work, I had to read a lot about new viral diseases of domestic animals and, especially, about viral diseases transmitted between humans and animals ... All these articles about research of coronaviruses in "secret" laboratories and their cultivation on human cell cultures are still available if not directly accessible, then in the google cache. Everyone can read them and draw their own conclusions ... Therefore, I applaud the version of the name "covid-1984" ... But at the same time, only a person whose foil cap is attached  with nails to his head can deny the reality of the disease. My boss has had it. Without any consequences in his 74 years. And my friend in the gym lost his mother, she was 50. Another's 15-year-old son remained disabled for life with only one working lung...

This allows me to understand all the participants in this story. Fear for parents, for children, for loved ones makes you make any decisions. Correct or not. My mother and I was with a temperature of 37C for three weeks. By the end of this period and the third negative test, my hands were shaking with excitement for her. And I don’t want to talk about how many gray hairs have been added .. Those who do not understand this do not have their own children and were born "from a test tube." BUT! ... There is mail, it allows you to minimize contact .. Private - more expensive than the state, but faster ... Ukraine is a much larger country than England. And primitive to the level of the Middle Ages in many ways. But a parcel weighing up to 30 kg can be sent for 4-5 dollars from any village to any other on the opposite side of the country for 3-4 days... Back these pieces of iron could be sent in a barrel of whiskey or moonshine for sterilization))))

And as for the risk of being lost, the Internet has made the world very small. But at the same time, it did not discount the weight of reputation, especially in such small communities as ours. My mother comes from an area where there are many people from mountain settlements, with all the peculiarities of the mentality of the highlanders and their attitude to an honest name and reputation. They say - "Reputation and virginity are lost in life only once." Maybe I'm a fool that I consider this one of my principles ... It's hard for me to imagine that a man named Laine Snook would steal these shells, sell them to a junk dealer, and buy a bottle of cheap moonshine with the proceeds ... I would send him inventory, even without demanding a promise to return it. It seems to me self-evident that this will happened ...

Hope it all works out. No loss to the reputation of all participants in the story. And Laine will have time to get the inventory and compete. I would like to be 30th on the list where he is, And not in the top of the list, where he is not!

As for Ukraine, I divided the tournament into three parts in three different cities. Because there is practically no passenger traffic between many cities. It's easier for me to get there with a suitcase of inventory. The first two will be held outdoors in warm weather. As for the last one, on October 24th ..... My gym windows overlook the regional police headquarters, which is 100-200 meters away, so it's hard to hide there in case of a lockdown. But I have already found a cozy basement, in which there was a small brothel in the 90s) There, those who wish can spend time without being seen by the ukrainian fascist-policemen...

It's just a pity that my personal chances of performing well with such an organizational load are increasingly approaching to zero! ...

Sorry for the long text guys! I just got drunk protein with bcaa after night working-"day" and I can't lie down for half an hour, so that all this does not flow back out of me!)

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 5

С`mon, Laine, buddy! You are welcome to compete King-King in the Russian Federation. Let's come here to us, to St.Petersburg! We do have both all the necesarry equipment and participants. The flights were resumed in August.

Edited by Alex Tank

1 hour ago, Alex Tank said:

С`mon, Laine, buddy! You are welcome to compete King-King in the Russian Federation. Let's come here to us, to St.Petersburg! We do have both all the necesarry equipment and participants. The flights were resumed in August.

Hi - Thank you for the offer, I have had a number of offers from abroad to lift at the contests - Russia would be an issue because of the time it takes to get a visa to travel...I am also unsure of the quarantine issues on return,  I am currently having some treatment so I don't really want to risk flying - that's why I wanted to do something here in the UK.  I have now resigned myself to not competing in KK this year...just never worked out.

Best of luck to you at your contest - pull hard, and I hope you get some great numbers.

Laine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi - Thank you for the offer, I have had a number of offers from abroad to lift at the contests - Russia would be an issue because of the time it takes to get a visa to travel...I am also unsure of the quarantine issues on return,  I am currently having some treatment so I don't really want to risk flying - that's why I wanted to do something here in the UK.  I have now resigned myself to not competing in KK this year...just never worked out.

Best of luck to you at your contest - pull hard, and I hope you get some great numbers.

Laine

I'll keep you in prayer Laine I understand whats going on psyicly with you I just go my lab work from my blood test.  My white blood cells count are a little lower than I want . There's always a bigger picture when you have to make decisions like this . For my wife has respiratory issues and some of my grandkids have asthma.  I don't plan on doing this event this year even though I'm really ready for it.  

Robert Alva 

Edited by lone Wolf
  • Like 1

Although I won't be competitive at anywhere near the top level I'm really looking forward to competing for the 2nd time ever and I'm hopeful there won't be anything keeping me from it.  Our local total COVID numbers have shot up 250% in the past couple weeks, so it seems it's finally made it to my doorstep...  Going to have to keep an eye on that.

• Like 1

For the record if Texas goes back to lock down my contest site will be declared a 1st Amendment protest against weakness and will go on schedule. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

For the record if Texas goes back to lock down my contest site will be declared a 1st Amendment protest against weakness and will go on schedule. 

Yes!!

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I'm right there with ya. MERICA

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Ill be there regardless!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, liftyzig said:

Although I won't be competitive at anywhere near the top level I'm really looking forward to competing for the 2nd time ever and I'm hopeful there won't be anything keeping me from it.  Our local total COVID numbers have shot up 250% in the past couple weeks, so it seems it's finally made it to my doorstep...  Going to have to keep an eye on that.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Stay safe in the meantime!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Ha Ha! Nice!

hello from austria

we have atm 21 athletes registred for our venue. from germany, czech, hungary, united states and austria.

due corona restrictions and covid laws the competitors can do the competition with no mask and stay here for 48h up to 72h (depends on their homeland laws) with no restrictions and no quarantines going back to their countries. 

this year we are not able to shuttle athletes from airport munich. but we offer a local premium hotel for 20€ night incl. breakfast and shuttle service to the venue. 

our king kong weekend will include a recordbreaker day (sunday 25th oct.) with three dhowg events and unlimited other disciplines. final event will be the beloved hub desaster.

undecided participants can register until the scale. but for the free t-shirt you have to register at least 2 weeks before.

kraft heil 🙂

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

In Ukraine, the stages in Kiev and Romny were successful! I sincerely thanks to Artem Ushenko, Stanislav Matvienko and Evgeniy Vakula for their work, personal finances and great love to this sport! Quarantine restrictions also had a positive side - the need to divide tournament into several parts according to the number of participants allowed to significantly expand the geography and representativeness of event in Ukraine!

IMG-25522-V.jpg

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

In Ukraine, the stages in Kiev and Romny were successful! I sincerely thanks to Artem Ushenko, Stanislav Matvienko and Evgeniy Vakula for their work, personal finances and great love to this sport! Quarantine restrictions also had a positive side - the need to divide tournament into several parts according to the number of participants allowed to significantly expand the geography and representativeness of event in Ukraine!

IMG-25522-V.jpg

@Ivan PupchenkoI was glad to meet you here to hold KK stage, your almost unlimited and positive energy inspires me to try my best in assisting you as a great Ukrainian Grip sport promoter and athlete nevertheless all up and downs we face on our curly road. Once, again, High Words of appreciation for your great effort to change something/someone to more positive and smooth 

Edited by Stanislav
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Ivan Pupchenko, @Stanislav,  Artem Ushenko

Huge respect for your hard work as organizers of the KK Ukraine

Was a great pleasure to meet you all guys and take part in my very first competition.

Highest level of a sportsmanship!

Best regards, Anar Shiraliev

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 3