2020 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

Hello All,

The KK in the UK has been cancelled - due to COVID.

Whilst I'm not one of the people predicted to win, I wanted to compete...and who knows I might just do something decent.  I tried the 2.5" Crusher last night and got just under 280lbs, and my other lifts have also been worthy of note.

How can I compete????? - It may well be my last chance to compete, so what can be done to make it happen? - I am sure that anyone in with a chance of winning would want to know that they competed against everyone who stood a chance.

So Eric...How can I compete in the UK?????

Laine

4 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello All,

Whilst I'm not one of the people predicted to win, I wanted to compete...and who knows I might just do something decent.  I tried the 2.5" Crusher last night and got just under 280lbs, and my other lifts have also been worthy of note.

How can I compete????? - It may well be my last chance to compete, so what can be done to make it happen? - I am sure that anyone in with a chance of winning would want to know that they competed against everyone who stood a chance.

Laine

Host it yourself or find someone else willing to do it.  

1 hour ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello All,

Laine

Laine, was cancelled because the promoter was being cautious, or was it some sort of regional or national order for such event? 

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

Laine, was cancelled because the promoter was being cautious, or was it some sort of regional or national order for such event? 

The promoter was being cautious due to the COVID situation here...and the threat of more restrictions..which to be fair are probably on their way!

8 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello All,

Laine

Hi Laine,

As Mike has indicated, it would be a matter of running the event yourself, or finding someone else who would be willing.

If you might be interested in hosting a venue and you have all of the necessary equipment, please let me know and I will send you the full information package.

2020 has been a challenging year to say the least. Hopefully things will be back to normal next year.

Eric

On 10/3/2020 at 7:08 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Hi Laine,

As Mike has indicated, it would be a matter of running the event yourself, or finding someone else who would be willing.

If you might be interested in hosting a venue and you have all of the necessary equipment, please let me know and I will send you the full information package.

2020 has been a challenging year to say the least. Hopefully things will be back to normal next year.

Eric

There has to be SOMEONE int the UK willing to make this happen.

If it were about money, costs, etc.,it would not surprise me if there are people on this Board willing to contribute to the cause. Laine has too much talent and in a zone right now that it shouldn’t be missed.

• Like 1

Hi - I said that I would make the effort to put it on - but I needed to borrow kit as I was unable to get the items from the USA due to the lockdown etc.  However, the persons who had the kit and were going to run the UK event did not want to lend the kit out...their choice.  Also, it was mentioned that to put an event on would make you look like 'a selfish bellend' in the grip community.  Maybe I am a selfish bellend for wanting to do the competition...probably my last to be honest - however, I have admitted defeat and now know it's not going to happen...board members in other countries have offered for me to lift at their contests, but the curreent restrictions don't really make that an option, as well as the issue of travelling in my current state of health.

I have moved on - I will see what I can do on the grabball when it lands...I might do something worthy of note.  It's a shame as I have been training for KK for many months, it just didn't work out.

Laine

Edited by LAINE SNOOK
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:32 AM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi - I said that I would make the effort to put it on - but I needed to borrow kit as I was unable to get the items from the USA due to the lockdown etc.  However, the persons who had the kit and were going to run the UK event did not want to lend the kit out...their choice.  Also, it was mentioned that to put an event on would make you look like 'a selfish bellend' in the grip community.  Maybe I am a selfish bellend for wanting to do the competition...probably my last to be honest - however, I have admitted defeat and now know it's not going to happen...board members in other countries have offered for me to lift at their contests, but the curreent restrictions don't really make that an option, as well as the issue of travelling in my current state of health.

I have moved on - I will see what I can do on the grabball when it lands...I might do something worthy of note.  It's a shame as I have been training for KK for many months, it just didn't work out.

Laine

Seriously? May I ask who wouldn't let you borrow their implements.  Only because I'd like to tell them what cun+$ they are.  I've been doing this for 15 years now.  I've never heard of anyone, ever, not lending equipment. 

The first contest I ever ran had all borrowed equipment.  Thanks @Jedd Johnson.  I currently have a borrowed Inch dumbbell and a borrowed Fatman in my shed.  ( Gracias @Paul Knight @Tank Andrade  )

I've lent things out.  Everyone has.  It's what this tiny little community is known for.

So, in conclusion... if you're the person that won't loan your kit out for a day... you sir/madam are a dick and have no business calling yourself a griptard like the rest of us.

Or in the immortal words of Tony Montana... #uck you you #uckin #uck.

Sorry.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

I don't have a problem with someone not lending me the kit to host a contest, that is their choice - it just made things impossible for me to continue to try to host an event - I have concluded that it just isn't meant to be...there's a lot more things in life and the world to worry about - I just wanted the opportunity to be able to put up my best numbers, and I'm sure that the person who wins the event would want to know they won it by lifting the most across all events.  I wasn't even in the running for the win...but I'm sure my numbers would have been interesting...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Seriously? May I ask who wouldn't let you borrow their implements.  Only because I'd like to tell them what cun+$ they are.  I've been doing this for 15 years now.  I've never heard of anyone, ever, not lending equipment. 

The first contest I ever ran had all borrowed equipment.  Thanks @Jedd Johnson.  I currently have a borrowed Inch dumbbell and a borrowed Fatman in my shed.  ( Gracias @Paul Knight @Tank Andrade  )

I've lent things out.  Everyone has.  It's what this tiny little community is known for.

So, in conclusion... if you're the person that won't loan your kit out for a day... you sir/madam are a dick and have no business calling yourself a griptard like the rest of us.

Or in the immortal words of Tony Montana... #uck you you #uckin #uck.

Best non-grip post ever!! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

I Meant Best Non- Grip video post ever!! Excellent and spoken the truth.

• Thanks 1

Sorry

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I don't have a problem with someone not lending me the kit to host a contest, that is their choice - it just made things impossible for me to continue to try to host an event - I have concluded that it just isn't meant to be...there's a lot more things in life and the world to worry about - I just wanted the opportunity to be able to put up my best numbers, and I'm sure that the person who wins the event would want to know they won it by lifting the most across all events.  I wasn't even in the running for the win...but I'm sure my numbers would have been interesting...

Which of the competition items do you need, Laine? I have a Flask and LBH that I am not currently using that I could lend out for an extended period. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you kind sir.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy Jack said:

Which of the competition items do you need, Laine? I have a Flask and LBH that I am not currently using that I could lend out for an extended period. 

Now dat's what I'm talkin' bout

I have LBH, have a grabball coming from Austria...need a flask and the 2.25 crusher.  Initially the contest was going to be run at Commando Temple in London, but it had been double booked so a new venue was found.  As I hadn't ever put my hand on a grabball or 2.25 crusher, I asked if I could go down to London to try them to see where I was poundagewise - unfortunately the person owning the items said no as they were concerned about covid as they had someone in the household who was vulnerable - which is understandable - I have been unwell this year and have been on treatment etc so I understand that, I also had to 'shield' for many months at the direction of my Doctor.  As I said, I have moved onfrom this - I tried very hard to get the contest run in some form or another but to be honest I was met by a brick wall at every turn, no matter what I tried to do.

Laine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I have LBH, have a grabball coming from Austria...need a flask and the 2.25 crusher.  Initially the contest was going to be run at Commando Temple in London, but it had been double booked so a new venue was found.  As I hadn't ever put my hand on a grabball or 2.25 crusher, I asked if I could go down to London to try them to see where I was poundagewise - unfortunately the person owning the items said no as they were concerned about covid as they had someone in the household who was vulnerable - which is understandable - I have been unwell this year and have been on treatment etc so I understand that, I also had to 'shield' for many months at the direction of my Doctor.  As I said, I have moved onfrom this - I tried very hard to get the contest run in some form or another but to be honest I was met by a brick wall at every turn, no matter what I tried to do.

Laine

Ok... well that's a whole different story.  I'm out.  Seriously. WTF

Mask up peeps. 🥸

Laine, I speak for more than just me when I say that there are people on this forum who would have helped out. Shipping costs, loaning implements, etc. That goes to show the level of respect that many on the board have for you, and you should know that. Best to your health recovery. MC

5 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Laine, I speak for more than just me when I say that there are people on this forum who would have helped out. Shipping costs, loaning implements, etc. That goes to show the level of respect that many on the board have for you, and you should know that. Best to your health recovery. MC

Thank you Mike.  I'm sure things would be different if there was more time to organise something...however, it is what it is and I can live with that.   For my own piece of mind I will see where I am on the grabball when it arrives...and I will hopefully get the chance to try a 2.25" Crusher before I stop.  Thank you for your kind words...they mean a lot.

Take care.

Laine

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Laine

Sorry

Edited by Mike Rinderle

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm going to say this.  Probably won't be popular. 

You should have put that out there from the beginning Layne.  I can make myself look like an asshole without anyone's help buddy.

Dead to me.

I don't quite understand what you mean?

Deleted.  Sry

Edited by Mike Rinderle

On 10/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

I don't quite understand what you mean?

Sorry

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

BTW...  to the original promoter... I am so sorry.  This is OBVIOUSLY not what it was protrayed as.  Sorry.  Seriously.  You've been wronged here.  

Let's just get things straight here kind Sir...

The contest, at the new venue was set for October 11th.  Due to UK restrictions it was decided to cancel...asgroups are restricted to 6, but 'sport' is allowed to continue.  The promotor didn't want to 'play God' and select 6 people total, and didn't want to organise thereself alone as they would be seen as a selfish bellend in the grip community.  I asked if it was possible to borrow the items and I would host the contest myself - and I had also offered to pay the $100 fee and $10 per person competing just so we could hold the event...the owner of the kit would not let me borrow the items as they had items go 'walkabout' in the past.

As I said - I had asked if I could go down to London and try the items I had never had any training on...this was when the contest was going to be at the original venue - I was told that Rob at the Commando Temple did not have the kit, it was owner by the people putting on the event.  I asked if I could try them, and was told no, as someone was vulnerable in the house - I then told that person I understood as I had been diagnosed with something not so fun and had also been sheilding.

The contest was cancelled

I said I would pay ALL costs involved if the promoters would put on a smaller contest within UK guidelines...no,  I asked if I could borrow the kit and host the contest myself...despite looking like a selfish bellend...no.

I was trying my very best to get a contest here in the UK - difficult without kit - which I would have purchased but when I went to buy it was informed on the website that no items were being shipped out of the USA - something to do with the postmaster general.

Does that make more sense to you?

Laine

Sorry

Edited by Mike Rinderle