I've had a sudden strength increase with COC grippers

Blacksmith513

About 6 months ago or so, bought the Trainer-2.5...  I could almost close the 1., the first time, but after that i'd have a hard time.. So the last few months i've built up my reps with the trainer, and once in awhile trying to close the 1, sometimes I could get close, sometimes not. I've also built a well rounded grip routine now... A  month ago I realized I should start doing partial reps with the 1.. Monday I could close it easy, after a week off. 

Tonight I decided to try the 2.5, I got about half way..  The 2 I got down to  well less than an inch, the 1.5 I slammed shut... I wonder if my technique just got better, and the week off left my hands well rested. It's like it was in me the whole time. Its funny, last week I decided to try finger tip push ups and I could do a few after not being able to do any from even my knees a few months back.

I still have a long way to go to catch up with everyone here, but it felt good to close more than just the trainer...

This is all with "no set".. I should learn how to properly set a gripper.

• Like 1

Being rested helps a ton for grippers, but your "setting" has probably gotten a little better even for TNS. I found that getting the gripper into the right spot in my hand helped a lot for TNS closes. The last video I took of a TNS close I spent like 40 seconds wiggling it in my hand and maybe 5 seconds closing the gripper and holding it closed for the camera.

• Like 2

Being fully rested helps a lot, and the 1 and 1.5 can be very close in strength, but good job. Keep it up, don't forget your extensors and make sure to do more grip work than just grippers.

4 hours ago, wobbler said:

Being fully rested helps a lot, and the 1 and 1.5 can be very close in strength, but good job. Keep it up, don't forget your extensors and make sure to do more grip work than just grippers.

I have those rubber bands and do a few sets a few times a week. I also do pinch work, hanging, cannonball grips, sledgehammer levering, carries and twist yo'' wrist. I'd like to make grippers my focus for awhile, but i'm still going to do these at a lower volume too.

10 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Crush strength just defies logic. It's all over the place for no reason 

Seen this as well!  It sure can be!