Jump to content
climber511

Corona Virus thoughts

Recommended Posts

king crusher

20200522_154503.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

20200522_154503.png

That's gotta be fake news, right? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

So apparently, based on this statistical analysis, lockdowns may have caused more people to catch the Rona.  Infection rates dropping across the board as State lockdowns ease.  Also, States with most stringent lockdowns did worse than those with more lax ones.  Governments across the country making the wrong decisions again.  But please continue to follow them blindly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8347901/US-states-LOWER-infection-rates-lockdowns-end-study-claims.html

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That's gotta be fake news, right? 

Nope.  Dang.  That's literally the top 10 COVID-1984 death States.  Crazy.  They must all have something in common, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.  🤔🤔🤔

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That's gotta be fake news, right? 

I sent it to a old friend and he said "how do you know the lower number states aren't hiding rona deaths" lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer

I am surprised no one has mentioned the famous quote:

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lone Wolf
5 hours ago, king crusher said:

20200522_154503.png

Kind of misleading list shouldn't you have picked the top highest Republican states. The last time I  checked the  state of Maryland a Republican governor.  Just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Kind of misleading list shouldn't you have picked the top highest Republican states. The last time I  checked the  state of Maryland a Republican governor.  Just saying 

I live in MD.  Republican in name only.  The State is Democrat through and through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lone Wolf
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I live in MD.  Republican in name only.  The State is Democrat through and through.

Sorry Mike I was just going over his list and it seemed like he put the lowest number of deaths for the Republican states and put it on his list  I would like to see Hawaii on the blue side 

Edited by lone Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Kind of misleading list shouldn't you have picked the top highest Republican states. The last time I  checked the  state of Maryland a Republican governor.  Just saying 

That pretty much is the top 10 Red States, other than Georgia and North Carolina.  Take out the two lowest up there and replace with Georgia and NC, you get a total of 11,500.  Huge difference.   But why did you bring up politics.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lone Wolf
5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That pretty much is the top 10 Red States, other than Georgia and North Carolina.  Take out the two loeest up there and replace with Georgia and NC, you get a total of 11,500.  Huge difference.   But why did you bring up politics.

I'm not the one who put red and blue highlights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Sorry Mike I was just going over his list and it seemed like he put the lowest number of deaths for the Republican states and put it on his list  I would like to see Hawaii on the blue side 

Yea, MO and OK shouldn't be on that list.  But the top 10 States are Blue and make up 73% of all deaths while comprising 30% of the population.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
3 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

I'm not the one who put red and blue highlights 

I was joking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer

😎To really go off topic here, the whole “Red State” “Blue State” designation is, for me, annoyingly ironic. 
i grew up with “red” meaning someone was a Commie. The last remnant of that these days is  Rush L calling people Commie Pinkos.

Heck, a young Richard Nixon was elected to Congress by smearing a female actress turned politician , calling her “The Pink Lady” and forever (until Nixon died) causing my own mother to despise Nixon (to her, a young woman at the time, a man attacking a woman was a low blow, I don’t think it was a political statement to Mom). Mom stopped hating Nixon when he died because she had a philosophy of not speaking ill if the dead.

Then there was the Commie Sympathizer line “better red than dead”.

So relatively RECENTLY they came up with “red” (the Commie designation) becoming the color of the Republicans, and “blue” (as in true blue Americans) becoming the color of the Democrats. Poor Republicans had the old switcheroo pulled on them, and didn’t protest. 

As they used to say, it’s all part of the Communist Conspiracy. 😎
 

I am a proud independent, which means you are too much of a coward to take a stand, or it gives you a Lifetime Pass to throw spitwads whenever you feel like it at both parties.😎

In 2002, when my daughter became old enough to vote, being the loving daughter that she was, she wanted to be an Independent (like Dad). She registered as an American Independent. I had to explain to her “Honey, you may have made a mistake...”

To sum up, I am pissed at those evil Commie Bluester Journalists for changing the color red to blue. And seriously, I despise the red v blue designation because of that successful switcheroo. 
 


 


 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

😎To really go off topic here, the whole “Red State” “Blue State” designation is, for me, annoyingly ironic. 
i grew up with “red” meaning someone was a Commie. The last remnant of that these days is  Rush L calling people Commie Pinkos.

Heck, a young Richard Nixon was elected to Congress by smearing a female actress turned politician , calling her “The Pink Lady” and forever (until Nixon died) causing my own mother to despise Nixon (to her, a young woman at the time, a man attacking a woman was a low blow, I don’t think it was a political statement to Mom). Mom stopped hating Nixon when he died because she had a philosophy of not speaking ill if the dead.

Then there was the Commie Sympathizer line “better red than dead”.

So relatively RECENTLY they came up with “red” (the Commie designation) becoming the color of the Republicans, and “blue” (as in true blue Americans) becoming the color of the Democrats. Poor Republicans had the old switcheroo pulled on them, and didn’t protest. 

As they used to say, it’s all part of the Communist Conspiracy. 😎
 

I am a proud independent, which means you are too much of a coward to take a stand, or it gives you a Lifetime Pass to throw spitwads whenever you feel like it at both parties.😎

In 2002, when my daughter became old enough to vote, being the loving daughter that she was, she wanted to be an Independent (like Dad). She registered as an American Independent. I had to explain to her “Honey, you may have made a mistake...”

To sum up, I am pissed at those evil Commie Bluester Journalists for changing the color red to blue. And seriously, I despise the red v blue designation because of that successful switcheroo. 
 


 


 

 

Yea, I am a registered Libertarian only because they don't have an I hate Republicans and Democrats party.  Or a Government is Useless Party.

I'm old enough to remember when the media switched the Party's colors.  Couldn't have the Dems associated with the Red Commies.  Doesn't really matter though.  Both parties are for big government in their own way, so they can get more money and power for themselves and their friends.  Honestly, it's like when a pro wrastler goes from being a heel one week to a good guy the next.  All theater to keep the masses distracted while they fleece the sheeple.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

@Hubgeezer

After David Brinkley referred to the map on election night 1980 as looking like a large Suburban swimming pool, a change was made.  I miss Brinkley, Huntley, Chancellor, Severeid, etc.  They reported the news and you had a really tough time figuring out what party they were from.  I'm sure they were probably all Democrats, but you really didn't get much spin.  Cronkite had a little more spin to his delivery, but even that was almost imperceptible on most broadcasts.  The days when news was news and not red meat for your base.

 

red-state-blue-state-election-carter-reagan2-631.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@Hubgeezer

After David Brinkley referred to the map on election night 1980 as looking like a large Suburban swimming pool, a change was made.  I miss Brinkley, Huntley, Chancellor, Severeid, etc.  They reported the news and you had a really tough time figuring out what party they were from.  I'm sure they were probably all Democrats, but you really didn't get much spin.  Cronkite had a little more spin to his delivery, but even that was almost imperceptible on most broadcasts.  The days when news was news and not red meat for your base.

 

red-state-blue-state-election-carter-reagan2-631.jpg

Excellent post Mike! Media delivering Red meat for either base is just awful and lazy reporting. A person can watch first 5 minutes of CNN and Fox during important events and literally come away with 2 vastly different version of events.  Iam not saying Fox news is perfect but it did level the political wash(somewhat)on TV. Here is the '84 color change and we will never see a candidate win in such a landslide ever again-too polarized now. BTW, Iam not being political just sharing my point.

bush.jpg.f82147619badbd8c76f682cf77c466fa.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lone Wolf said:

Sorry Mike I was just going over his list and it seemed like he put the lowest number of deaths for the Republican states and put it on his list  I would like to see Hawaii on the blue side 

I added up all the COVID-1984 deaths from ALL Red States.  It came to 15,492 (feel free to check my numbers on the Hopkins tote board.

So all Red States: 15,492 vs 67,543 for the top 10 blue States as of this morning at 08:39 AM.

Or, all Red States: 15,492 vs 23,195 for NY State.

Or, all Red States: 15,492 is slightly less than have died in metro NY City.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
27 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Excellent post Mike! Media delivering Red meat for either base is just awful and lazy reporting. A person can watch first 5 minutes of CNN and Fox during important events and literally come away with 2 vastly different version of events.  Iam not saying Fox news is perfect but it did level the political wash(somewhat)on TV. Here is the '84 color change and we will never see a candidate win in such a landslide ever again-too polarized now. BTW, Iam not being political just sharing my point.

bush.jpg.f82147619badbd8c76f682cf77c466fa.jpg

 

 

Those maps are crazy.  I agree.  Never again in my lifetime at least.  Minnesota was not a fan of the Gipper.  Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511

Politics sucks.  I agree with "this" from a Republican viewpoint and "that from a "Democrat" viewpoint.  I'm also an Independant.  The goal of all politicians seems to be "stay in Washington" - and has very little to do with what's best for the country.  On the rare occasion I see "what happened" and then watch CNN and Fox - I find it hard to believe that both stations watched the same event,  The way they are reported (spun) can be (and usually is) totally different.  I do have to say I've been pretty disappointed in our current version of a president.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

I don't expect anything positive from government and I am never disappointed.  The only things the government is actually good at are fighting wars and collecting taxes.  Once a person comes to terms with that, they'll never again be disappointed with their government. 

Expectations are the source of all disappointments.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Maybe, just maybe, it's policies like this from Michigan's fine Governor that are the reason States like Michigan, New Jersey, New York, etc. have so many COVID-1984 deaths.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/vicious-nursing-home-attacker-had-covid-19-and-was-quarantined-among-the-elderly-despite-mental-illness-and-felony-charges/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bearcat 74

Crazier by the day

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Those maps are crazy.  I agree.  Never again in my lifetime at least.  Minnesota was not a fan of the Gipper.  Lol

They had to vote for their own guy lol.

Mn does everything a bit differently. 

Only in MN do they say duck duck grey duck. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
19 hours ago, lone Wolf said:

I'm not the one who put red and blue highlights 

That was just random.  Just a coincidence. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.