Key Pinch Kumite

Squeezus

So, I saw that there was a short lived smack-talking thread about key pinching and I hoped that it would draw some more talent out of the woodwork so it wouldn't just be Jerome and Michael crapping all over the rest of us into eternity. It got locked, which made me sad, so I am starting one that will hopefully be a little more positive. There has to be more people who can rip the nose right off a man's face or the nipple off his chest and since we are talking about the cheapest and easiest to train implements, there's nothing standing in the way of some friendly competition.

It appears that @Tommy J. is a reluctant new challenger in the arena, but we can't choose our blessings, so I hope to see him and others challenge one another to see who's really the baddest.

Post your best lifts on stubs, coins, plate rims, DubeCube, Inch Pinch, anything else key pinch related and don't be afraid to get creative (holds, reps, tricks, etc.) Let's go!

To start things off, I'm only average at key pinch, but here's a record (at the time) lift of 35.1lbs on the DubeCube Bearing.

• Like 5

Ugh... this key pinch thing is so nerdy... I’ve been peer pressured into some pretty nerdy things before tho. Why not another one? Lol

this is new to me still. My experience could literally be measured in minutes at this point.

Nice idea Gil and wonderful lift on bearing. Anything over 30lbs is very good and painful. My submission done today after 2HKP shallow hub(LOL)is easy as James can do double but Matt asked about 45lb hub KP

• Like 2

Word. This is awesome! KP getting love. Gonna dust off my KP gear, though I'm not swift at it. Its my favorite kinda lift aside from thick bar. 

Id also like to see folk take stab at fingertip lifts too. 

• Like 2

What is key pinch anyway? Is there anyway to do it without buying implements?

7 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Drill a hole in a coin and attach it to a loading-pin.

I guess you do spend a little bit of money doing that tho :D 

2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

This is a great question!

Key pinch is a pinch style where the opposing surfaces are 1.) the thumb and 2.) the side of the index finger. It is thus named because it is similar to how one would hold a key when opening a door or starting a car.
Image result for starting a car

You can key pinch all kinds of things:

• Drill a hole in a coin and put a string through it
  • Make a FBBC style keychain stub (directions here: http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/Keychainstub.html)
  • Double key pinch the rim or hub of a weight plate
  • Key pinch existing implements that you may already have such as a hub or pinch block
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Drill a hole in a coin and attach it to a loading-pin.

I guess you do spend a little bit of money doing that tho :D 

I actually have a loading pin and IM hub which is collecting dust somewhere. So maybe I have some of the items needed. What coin? Penny? 

1 minute ago, Squeezus said:

This is a great question!

Key pinch is a pinch style where the opposing surfaces are 1.) the thumb and 2.) the side of the index finger. It is thus named because it is similar to how one would hold a key when opening a door or starting a car.
Image result for starting a car

You can key pinch all kinds of things:

• Drill a hole in a coin and put a string through it
  • Make a FBBC style keychain stub (directions here: http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/Keychainstub.html)
  • Double key pinch the rim or hub of a weight plate
  • Key pinch existing implements that you may already have such as a hub or pinch block

Okay I guess I could try with my IM hub. 

5 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I actually have a loading pin and IM hub which is collecting dust somewhere. So maybe I have some of the items needed. What coin? Penny? 

Yes a hub can be used for 2HKP. Shallow hub is what is usually contested, it's way more of a challenge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes a hub can be used for 2HKP. Shallow hub is what is usually contested, it's way more of a challenge.

100% fact!! 2HKP Shallow hub is night and day harder than IM hub its not even close. I have shown WC gripsters shallow hub KP and most can't get 100 off ground. Not much surface to grab.

26 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Another good idea is if you have SB and just use that. It will leave indents but you can pinch at various marks on the SB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Another good idea is if you have SB and just use that. It will leave indents but you can pinch at various marks on the SB.

That is an interesting idea. A knurled key pinch should toughen up the ole meat hooks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

What is SB?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That is an interesting idea. A knurled key pinch should toughen up the ole meat hooks. 

No doubt! Your pony KP that you sell, loaded up with industrial rubber bands, is a great way to strengthen thumb and index, too

307503449_kpdevice.jpg.e09e39750266304b986092a8ab654cbe.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

What is SB?

Super Bowl:) - Actually Silver bullet

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No doubt! Your pony KP that you sell, loaded up with industrial rubber bands, is a great way to strengthen thumb and index, too

307503449_kpdevice.jpg.e09e39750266304b986092a8ab654cbe.jpg

What is that terrible hat with that little chicken on it? You need a proper mans hat with a large green G on it. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Super Bowl:) - Actually Silver bullet

Lol like I have a silver bullet laying around.  I'll have to use my hub to try

4 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Lol like I have a silver bullet laying around.  I'll have to use my hub to try

A gripper will work the same as a SB if you just kp one handle at the end. And can easily have weight attached if you put a lanyard through the spring. May even give a decent tilt advantage as well.

I don't think he's on the grip board, but Dali Zheng is always doing fun key pinch type stuff. 

And someone I was going to compete against at the Arnold who trains at Odd's gym was doing key pinch on the SB a little while back.

• Like 1

This was back in 2017, mentioning to a great gripster Jon Eklund about chest crush-very important in this lift

I have long since retired from stub lifting(OCT '17) but here are few old vids - including my first session with the Stub -49lb but went on to lift 53lb not filmed) my last workout ever on stub- double lift(LMAO), and high lift 50" of stub:) This lift has history but I really did not enjoy it as it sliced my index and never the same.

• Like 1