100# plate key pinch lift

Tommy J.

Thanks to @Cannon for bringing this to my attention!

Much more in the tank I think. Would love to see how much weight I could add to a dedicated 45lb hub plate

• Like 2

Jeez that is a sweet lift!  One clarification is that I meant single hand, by the hub.  

This is an old clip of the first time I got this (only one I can find right now).  Again, just having fun 😁

• Like 1

Ah okay! Sorry for the folly... lol

aight my standard 45s are literally too wide to grab like this. They could be hubbed with traditional grip, but not with key pinch. I will give it a go on one of the hub plates at practice

• Like 1

I need to find a 100 plate and try the style above. Or maybe I can bolt 2 45s together. I want to try the lift you showed. 

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

I need to find a 100 plate and try the style above. Or maybe I can bolt 2 45s together. I want to try the lift you showed. 

If you’re good for 50lbs 1 hand in the style you showed above, I’d think a 100 would definitely be a go for you!

and the crazy part is you’d be lifting like over 60-70% BW this way! Just by lifting the plate!

On 3/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, Tommy J. said:

Ah okay! Sorry for the folly... lol

aight my standard 45s are literally too wide to grab like this. They could be hubbed with traditional grip, but not with key pinch. I will give it a go on one of the hub plates at practice

Did you ever try the one-handed key pinch hub lift as above?  

24 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Did you ever try the one-handed key pinch hub lift as above?  

I have not, yet. Also wanted to do some shallow hub key pinching. But didn’t make it out to practice this weekend. Bummer too.. Tanner even had his hub seasoned ready to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

I have not, yet. Also wanted to do some shallow hub key pinching. But didn’t make it out to practice this weekend. Bummer too.. Tanner even had his hub seasoned ready to go!

For the record(others might be curious), I mentioned to a buddy of yours that I did BSS shallow hub 106.1 lbs x 5 last Thursday(3/12/20) 

20 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

For the record(others might be curious), I mentioned to a buddy of yours that I did BSS shallow hub 106.1 lbs x 5 last Thursday(3/12/20) 

Okay thanks for the update.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:42 AM, Tommy J. said:

Okay thanks for the update.

Due to your broken hand I am ending my challenge & offer. Much more important life events going on. Heal up and best of luck to you in the future.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

Tommy broke his hand?

ya, he posted about it in our 375 bench press race thread in the strength and power forum