58 yo BP 700 X 8.

Mike Rinderle

Using the Bench Daddy.  Looks like a maddog slingshot.  Did 500 x 5 raw same workout.  58 years old.  Does all his benching Spoto style.

This just came up in my youtube feed. This will become the new go to style soon:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Using the Bench Daddy.  Looks like a maddog slingshot.  Did 500 x 5 raw same workout.  58 years old.  Does all his benching Spoto style.

Dudes gut reminds me of a cross between a tortoise shell and some jello

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

This just came up in my youtube feed. This will become the new go to style soon:

Hey, if its within the rules than that form is better than standard bench form. 

On a side note, I wasn't thinking about benching while watching the first clip. Hey yo.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Dudes gut reminds me of a cross between a tortoise shell and some jello

Ate his way to the perfect arch.  😅  He owns the M4 masters WR.  555 or 565.  Only started lifting a few years ago.  Pretty crazy.  Who needs an arch when there's the Golden Arches! 🍔🍔🍔🍟🍟🍟🥤🥤🥤

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Ate his way to the perfect arch.  😅  He owns the M4 masters WR.  555 or 565.  Only started lifting a few years ago.  Pretty crazy.  Who needs an arch when there's the Golden Arches! 🍔🍔🍔🍟🍟🍟🥤🥤🥤

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chez said:

Does not look like a legal lift to me. Looks like she's lifting from the stomach. Which isn't legal.

10 hours ago, Chez said:

Mmmm... they should definitely think of a rule that disqualifies those stupid high arches. And ban sumo deadlifting too while they are at it...🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royz said:

Mmmm... they should definitely think of a rule that disqualifies those stupid high arches. And ban sumo deadlifting too while they are at it...🤔

I'm not a fan of the big arches either, but no idea how you would referee what is legal or not if you set a limit.  Would have to be all or nothing.

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm not a fan of the big arches either, but no idea how you would referee what is legal or not if you set a limit.  Would have to be all or nothing.

I agree. I would say if you can put more than a fist between the bench and your back it's excessive arching, but know idea how to put that into a rule that is easily judged.

You could have some sort of device, one for men and one for women that you put on the bench and if weight is taken off it buzzes lol. So if the arch is too big it will buzz. Or just inact feet up benching, not gonna have a arch benching with feet in the air. Plus you work your stability,  more athleticism needed. 

2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

You could have some sort of device, one for men and one for women that you put on the bench and if weight is taken off it buzzes lol. So if the arch is too big it will buzz. Or just inact feet up benching, not gonna have a arch benching with feet in the air. Plus you work your stability,  more athleticism needed. 

Why not let everybody do an incline bench press instead of flat? Than the whole ROM issue will be solved too.😁

Military press while strapped to a bench on your back to ensure good posture.  🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Royz said:

Why not let everybody do an incline bench press instead of flat? Than the whole ROM issue will be solved too.😁

Not a bad idea! But plenty of people stop short of the chest on incline, more so than flat even.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Royz said:

Good idea that should have been implemented already from the start. They added a bench because people were cheating when they did standing press. Or just standing up with a back support that stops you from cheating would be good too. In that case bench press would not exist in in PL. So this will never happen. I don't think they will go back to standing press. I personally very much prefer they would but of course I'm not naive to think they will remove bench press.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Royz said:

I actually like this. Too bad it will never happen 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chez said:

I actually like this. Too bad it will never happen 

Let's start a new powerlifting federaration. There are only like 20 or so federations at the moment soooooo....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Royz said:

Let's start a new powerlifting federaration. There are only like 20 or so federations at the moment soooooo....

It could be the Post-Industrial Modern Power Lifting Ensemble. 

PIMPLE 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...