First EVER 5" Edgin, 2nd ever Insane Hexabastard, 3rd ever Mag Shiny

vikingsrule92

I've been gone a while but I'm pulling all of these orders from the FBBC website. Hopefully it's accurate. These were over a few workouts a few weeks ago. Frequency has been down due to a finger hematoma type thing. Hoping to push the limits of short bar even further soon.

Fast forward to about 5 minutes in each if you don't want to watch the wrappings. MY audio quality is absolutely horrible because I'm using a laptop camera and I am sorry for that. Anyone have any better cheap suggestions? I don't use my phone because I want the music to play and I'm too dumb to figure out how to do both simultaneously.

The bends leading up to this are on my channel. Some I was 1000% talking shiite to Tommy Jennings. I still have some work to do on the G8 but I've never seen you do a 5" Edgin. Who's best under 200 pounds?.

Edited by vikingsrule92
  • Like 6

Beast. That single suede or doubles. Im a doofus and cant tell. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

Great bends! Congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KapMan said:

Beast. That single suede or doubles. Im a doofus and cant tell. 

Double leathers.

Thanks a lot everybody! That's a huge compliment coming from you @Martin Kotte

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 11:22 PM, vikingsrule92 said:

I've been gone a while but I'm pulling all of these orders from the FBBC website. Hopefully it's accurate. These were over a few workouts a few weeks ago. Frequency has been down due to a finger hematoma type thing. Hoping to push the limits of short bar even further soon.

Fast forward to about 5 minutes in each if you don't want to watch the wrappings. MY audio quality is absolutely horrible because I'm using a laptop camera and I am sorry for that. Anyone have any better cheap suggestions? I don't use my phone because I want the music to play and I'm too dumb to figure out how to do both simultaneously.

The bends leading up to this are on my channel. Some I was 1000% talking shiite to Tommy Jennings. I still have some work to do on the G8 but I've never seen you do a 5" Edgin. Who's best under 200 pounds?.

Psh.

To answer you’re question, Jan Heller is currently best under 200 imo. I know he is still taking aim at a couple bends, but He has recently done a bend that I tried and did not complete before when I was at it hard. The 7x5/16” CRS square in single wraps

EJ is my boy, so I can say this next part... EJ also tried a single wrapped 7x5/16” square and did not bend it. Which makes Jan a baaaaaad dude.

if you’re looking to take me out, I would suggest being the first man under 200 to bend a 7x5/16” SS square. If your crush can handle the 5” edgin as easily as you demonstrate, you should be able to crush a 7x5/16” SS square. I only took them slightly past 90 on my best attempts.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

Although I will say this- a 5” Edgin for a guy under 200 is indeed incredible! To that I say- holy moly! I am impressed. Took it down fast, too!

As far as saying who the best under 200 is, let everyone else decide. The baddest under 200 was not something I coined either... only repeated. In fact, I actually made no correlation of my BW compared to other benders until it was pointed out. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I mean y’all know I’m not one to be cocky or anything.... 😁 Seriously tho... yeah I’m cocky! if you’d have asked me at the time, I would have lied and told you I was the biggest. 😝

all that said, I can appreciate some good shit talk. Especially when it gets backed with a vulgar display of strength! So I hope the mods leave the bending forum alone on those grounds. The bending forum should forever be the forum where some friendly shit talk gets a pass. If there were ever a forum on this board where the thick skinned reside, this is the one! 😈

in closing, Derek, I dig it! For you to stop now would be a blasphemy!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Although I will say this- a 5” Edgin for a guy under 200 is indeed incredible! To that I say- holy moly! I am impressed. Took it down fast, too!

As far as saying who the best under 200 is, let everyone else decide. The baddest under 200 was not something I coined either... only repeated. In fact, I actually made no correlation of my BW compared to other benders until it was pointed out. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I mean y’all know I’m not one to be cocky or anything.... 😁 Seriously tho... yeah I’m cocky! if you’d have asked me at the time, I would have lied and told you I was the biggest. 😝

all that said, I can appreciate some good shit talk. Especially when it gets backed with a vulgar display of strength! So I hope the mods leave the bending forum alone on those grounds. The bending forum should forever be the forum where some friendly shit talk gets a pass. If there were ever a forum on this board where the thick skinned reside, this is the one! 😈

in closing, Derek, I dig it! For you to stop now would be a blasphemy!

Hahaha I respect that. Honestly sub 6" stuff just feels REALLY strong for me this time around. I feel very comfortable and fast from start to finish.

In contrast a 3/8"x6.5" Steelworks took like 15 minutes spread over a workout. Not an easy bend by any means but still a little ways from a big G8 unless this stock has gotten much harder than olden days. After I knock out a few more crazy short bends I'll set my sights and strengths on 7" stock because I don't feel I could bend a big G8 right now. So you still did something I couldn't and that's not a rightful best ever bender under 200 pounds. Not too shabby for being back about 3 months and about 10 total bending workouts though.

If you ever want to (bad word filter) with thick pads again let's race to something. I can't even bring myself to buy IMPs ever again, much less try to certify on another Ironmind list. Never again will Randy see a penny from me.

I do appreciate the kind words and friendly shit talking. I'd like this whole forum to be uncensored but at the least I agree bending should be as long as it's in good spirits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule92 said:

Hahaha I respect that. Honestly sub 6" stuff just feels REALLY strong for me this time around. I feel very comfortable and fast from start to finish.

In contrast a 3/8"x6.5" Steelworks took like 15 minutes spread over a workout. Not an easy bend by any means but still a little ways from a big G8 unless this stock has gotten much harder than olden days. After I knock out a few more crazy short bends I'll set my sights and strengths on 7" stock because I don't feel I could bend a big G8 right now. So you still did something I couldn't and that's not a rightful best ever bender under 200 pounds. Not too shabby for being back about 3 months and about 10 total bending workouts though.

If you ever want to (bad word filter) with thick pads again let's race to something. I can't even bring myself to buy IMPs ever again, much less try to certify on another Ironmind list. Never again will Randy see a penny from me.

I do appreciate the kind words and friendly shit talking. I'd like this whole forum to be uncensored but at the least I agree bending should be as long as it's in good spirits.

Fasho. Btw I’m out of likes again, so don’t think I’m giving you the cold shoulder!

i do still have love for double wrap bends. Doubles are where the power bends are at. Obviously thinner wraps of the same bar wins.. but typically many heavy double wrap bends go unmatched in singles. And anyone that can bend heavy in singles, can also bend heavier in doubles. That said, I will eventually come back to double wraps for some nutty bends. For now tho I’m stuck on 8” bends in singles.

random thoughts on stuff id like to see happen in bending. Would love to see maybe some 7/16”x8” stuff go down in doubles unbraced. Would dig seeing more 3/8” single wrap bends. And would also dig seeing a 6.5”x5/16” G8 or shorter G8 in singles! Obviously I have NEVER done the 7/16” in doubles or short big G8 bends in singles... but neither has anyone else I think. Unless Alex has already done the 6.5”x5/16” G8 in singles?

either way, I’d like the future of unbraced bending to be badder than ever!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

For the info. Alex bolt bends as follows:

10.9 - 7" in IMP's

10.9 - 6,5" in BBW's

G8 - 6" in doubles

12.9 - 7" in doubles

And @vikingsrule92 I also take your ride. Let us do some big bends!

As Tommy said, there is a great future here with the benders!

• Like 1

Who's best under 200 pounds?.

Patrick remains best. Neither you nor Tommy can touch his reverse bends, his overhand using less leather, His horseshoe or underhand.  

Great to see you bending again - many miles to cover before you are the best unless you are settling for a bunch of *** next to the word best 

12 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Patrick remains best. Neither you nor Tommy can touch his reverse bends, his overhand using less leather, His horseshoe or underhand.  

Great to see you bending again - many miles to cover before you are the best unless you are settling for a bunch of *** next to the word best 

100% inaccurate on the DO and the horse shoes. Pat took multiple sessions just to finish a gold in what he describes as thick double leathers. (Per his own words) And never improved on that bend thereafter. That tells me all I need to know about his DO bending level. Specifically on long stock. I’ll add that on short bars Derek just took Pat out. If memory serves me, Pat only went as short as a Mag Hexabastard (5”) Derek just did an insane Hexabastard (4.5”). And Derek is also well under 200lbs. And if we’re talking best overall short bar benders, Ben and Hannes both bent a Fantastic Bastard (4”), with Pats shortest round bastard being an Insane (4.5”).

i will give his reverse* credit. And have no idea what he’s done DU. And his horse shoes also aren’t anywhere near the top of the list. Because if he could rank high on that list, he would. Top 20 horse shoe benders are listed in the bending certifications sub forum. And this list is recognized world wide. And, the list has been around for quite some time. For the record, Wiggy is bar FAR the baddest horse shoe bender under 200lbs, ever. I honestly don’t even think Pat could best me on the shoes, and I’m like #10 on the list. Again... if he could, he would. (Your words on if a guy in question could out do another on a strength feat.)

so as far as asterisks beside bends, Pat don’t get out any cleaner than the rest of us.

the biggest asterisk that belongs beside Pats name is the one that notes the time he tried to hate on Eric Milfeld when he certed the red nail. Which ultimately led to Eric having to redo his cert, and in turn becoming the first man to cert it in IMPs. And then yet another asterisk for when Pat hated on Eric being the first certified Bastard, and certified Big Bastard, 

imo, while I do recognize Pat as being a great bender, and the first to bend a gold nail (albeit over the course of multiple days, unlike the rest of us who have destroyed the same bend in 1 swoop) his reputation as a hater of other benders actually stands out more than anything he ever bent. But the best? No. His claim to fame is bending easy shoes and 60Ds for crowds that don’t know any better.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

Those are some sick bends bud.

48 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Sorry, just for context, Pat who?  Povalatis?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Sorry, just for context, Pat who?  Povalatis?

Yessir. Sorry to those reading.. Adam and I have had gentleman’s disagreements about Pat before. Lol!

i do give the guy credit... he’s a nut.

so I hope this doesn’t appear as though I’m attacking Pat. For real tho, Pat was Eric’s #1 hater. And Eric is not only a good dude, but he’s my homie. Eric also pioneered much of what today’s entire steel bending scene looks like. 

Hold on I’ll take it further.. if it wasn’t for Eric, Tx grip wouldn’t be a thing. I’ll elaborate on the basics.

had Eric never pursued grip, he and Paul likely would have never met. Which also means the original Tx grip crew would have never happened. Which means that even though I found grip (or grippers rather), I would have never reached out to PK. because he wouldn’t have even been known for grip or bending. And as a result, would have never had the YouTube channel that ultimately led me to these guys. Which means that not only would it be likely that I didn’t pursue any other areas of grip besides grippers, but also that I would have never pursued arm wrestling. Which means I’d have never introduced many of these armwrestlers here to the wide array of grip stuff that they didn’t know existed. Which means Adam Irrgang would have never been intrigued enough to buy an inch DB after trying mine out. Which means Tanner wouldn’t have been discovered in grip had it not been for that exact inch DB that he lifted at Adam Irrgangs arm wrestling practice being there. Which means it’s unlikely that Tanner would be told how awesome he was at grip, that would later ultimately lead to him also pursuing grip further. Which means that the only guy here that would have possibly still been a grip guy is Adam Glass. But he and I likely still would never have crossed paths. So the Tx grip crew you guys currently know, wouldn’t even exist. Neither would the original crew.

crazy, huh?..

About the only touting I’m willing to do on Pat is that yes, he bent the first gold nail. Over multiple sessions, and multiple days, in multiple wraps.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 4