Anvil by Rogue on Arnold 2020

Kashtan

I gotta get me one of those shirts next year! 
Thanks for posting this. Three of my friends were competing and I was excited to cheer them on until the Armlifting event got canceled. Congrats Sarah and Eric!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

What “brand” is that implement? Or, is it a custom-made by Rogue for the comp?

Custom made by Rogue.

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

???

They sell these, something different?

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-anvil

Not different. I just meant to say it’s Rogue’s anvil trainer, not any other company’s. I thought that was what Mike was asking, but I might be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

???

They sell these, something different?

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-anvil

That's the one. Although it looks like they raised the price. When I first saw they released it it was only like $70. I'll bet they bumped up the price now that there is a record for it and some publicity.

Just now, devinhoo said:

That's the one. Although it looks like they raised the price. When I first saw they released it it was only like $70. I'll bet they bumped up the price now that there is a record for it and some publicity.

It's still not expensive in any way tho. I've made my own anvil trainer and just the material was not cheap. Then I had to manufacture it as well. Definitely worth buying a new one. If I lived in the states I would order it for that price with no hesitation.

2 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Was anyone else triggered by the woman that kept hip hoisting it? 😬

YES!!!

4 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

A while ago I compared my LBH to the listed dimensions for the Rogue Anvil. The taper appeared to be nearly identical. Does anyone see an advantage to the extra length of the Rogue? I noticed Felix kept jamming it in his power gut.

Yes. Thought that was weird 

5 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

A while ago I compared my LBH to the listed dimensions for the Rogue Anvil. The taper appeared to be nearly identical. Does anyone see an advantage to the extra length of the Rogue? I noticed Felix kept jamming it in his power gut.

Really bad ref there not to inform her IMO.

As a promoter and equipment designer, I can't help but focus on how high the pick height is. A short person would have to shrug to get the weight off the ground if they didn't choke way up on the horn, which would be an obvious disadvantage. Clearly the implement doesn't need to be as big as it is since people are only grabbing the last 6" or so of it. It also doesn't need the giant aluminum carabiner either. Strong lifts from everybody, though. Especially on a new slick implement. Sarah Chappelow would probably break 200 on a seasoned horn no problem.

• Like 2

It looked like a toy in Felix's hand!  Nice video - thanks for posting it.  Apparatus is definitely too tall overall - it would be easy enough to shorten things up.

Edited by climber511

1 hour ago, devinhoo said:

That's the one. Although it looks like they raised the price. When I first saw they released it it was only like $70.

It was $90+ when it came out in October.

11 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

It was $90+ when it came out in October.

Huh. I swear I thought it was a little less expensive  than the LBH. Still, pretty cheap considering.

I agree the pick height is too high for shorter people. Hell, the pick height the little big horn is too tall for some. They have a height increase platform for armwrestling so they should have one for an event like this also. 

Thanks Eric. The LBH looks to be “thicker”, but maybe that is an illusion. I understand about the pick height. Can some people lift more on the Rogue? I think I will stick with my ancient outdated LBH. At some point, you just have to stop buying more crap.

5 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Thanks Eric. The LBH looks to be “thicker”, but maybe that is an illusion. I understand about the pick height. Can some people lift more on the Rogue? I think I will stick with my ancient outdated LBH. At some point, you just have to stop buying more crap.

On a seasoned implement I have about the same numbers on both.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I held them side by side and they seem to have the same taper. The Rogue horn is just a extended on both ends. If you took similarly seasoned implements, I think you would be able to lift a little more on the Rogue since you would have a little more contact surface on the pointy end.

• Like 1

I've tried most Grip implements.  This is by far the one at which I suck the most - I can't hook up at all.  I have a LBH but not a Rogue model but I don't think it would make any difference - I'm just puny on this shape.  

12 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I've tried most Grip implements.  This is by far the one at which I suck the most - I can't hook up at all.  I have a LBH but not a Rogue model but I don't think it would make any difference - I'm just puny on this shape.  

That’s because there are no rocks shaped like LBHs or the Rogue-anvil.🙂

• Haha 2

Is something like this worth it for a beginner? I've wanted one for a while.  I could probably forge one, but i'm still new, it would be cheaper to buy one because of time......