Jedd Johnson

US Grip Championship 2020

Jedd Johnson

The 2020 United States Championship of Grip will take place May 16th in Wyalusing PA.

This will become a new annual competition on the Grip Sport International (previously NAGS) calendar.

Events will be: Silver Bullet, 48 & 54mm Euro 2HP, 2&3/8" Napalm's Nightmare, and Little Big Horn. 

Same qualifications will be required as for the North American Championship, as this level competition is what those qualifications were originally designed for.

More info will be posted soon.  Sorry it took so long to post it.  Please share.

Any questions post below.

Thank you

• Like 8

Tommy J.
2 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

The 2020 United States Championship of Grip will take place April 18th in Wyalusing PA.

This will become a new annual competition on the Grip Sport International (previously NAGS) calendar.

Events will be: Silver Bullet, 48 & 54mm Euro 2HP, 2&3/8" Napalm's Nightmare, and Little Big Horn. 

Same qualifications will be required as for the North American Championship, as this level competition is what those qualifications were originally designed for.

More info will be posted soon.  Sorry it took so long to post it.  Please share.

Any questions post below.

Thank you

Love it!

• Like 2

Vinnie

I am in, and bringing my 13-year-old son to watch and improve his, er, vocabulary ....  He insists he won't compete (too bad, since I think he'd have fun if he did).  But it's my birthday the next week so he is humoring me by coming along, although on condition I get a hotel with a pool, play board games with him, and get steak dinner after the comp.  Happy birthday to me lol.

• Like 2

Vinnie
Just now, Vinnie said:

I am in, and bringing my 13-year-old son to watch and improve his, er, vocabulary ....  He insists he won't compete (too bad, since I think he'd have fun if he did).  But it's my birthday the next week so he is humoring me by coming along, although on condition I get a hotel with a pool, play board games with him, and get steak dinner after the comp.  Happy birthday to me lol.

Hopefully my thumb will be better by then, hurt it a month ago pinching, but it's maybe 80-90 per cent now and April 18 is a ways off, so should be OK.  I was gonna miss the Arnold because of it but then we all missed it.

JHenze646

Is this the first ever American championship?

• Like 1

Jedd Johnson
2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Is this the first ever American championship?

The NAGS Championship was the US Championship beforehand.

Mike Rinderle

Postponed?

Jedd Johnson

Hey there everybody, I still want to run this competition sometime this year.  I plan on postponing it one month at a time until we get it in.

Next planned date: May 16th.

No change to events.

• Like 6

Vinnie
On 4/9/2020 at 8:54 AM, Jedd Johnson said:

Hey there everybody, I still want to run this competition sometime this year.  I plan on postponing it one month at a time until we get it in.

No change to events.

I am still presumptively in, also pending social isolation situation.  Hope we can do it soon!

Tom Flesher
On 4/9/2020 at 8:54 AM, Jedd Johnson said:

No change to events.

Upside: time for t-shirts to be designed?

Mike Rinderle
5 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Upside: time for t-shirts to be designed?

original.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mike Rinderle

Can the corona squeeze be added as an event?

5e46cea296eee60a60119533.jpeg.jpg

Jedd Johnson

Working on it dudes.

• Like 1

Jedd Johnson

Well, PA is still shit down and I can't open the gym, so I will need to postpone the contest again.

June is very full for me. I will be looking at dates for July and will report back

Sorry for the hassle.

• Like 4