Stefi Cohen

KapMan

1 hour ago, The Under Table said:

It ain't the women are getting better, it's da GEAR that's getting better!

It's the King's Move :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Under Table said:

Citizen, immediately refrain from this course of communication.☠️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Under Table said:

Yeah shoes have come a long way

• Like 1

Women aren't getting stronger, more of them are lifting. As much as I dislike crossfit I gotta give them credit for finally getting women to lift heavy weights and get away from the pink 2lb dumbbells for jazzercise

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Women aren't getting stronger, more of them are lifting. As much as I dislike crossfit I gotta give them credit for finally getting women to lift heavy weights and get away from the pink 2lb dumbbells for jazzercise

Women were always lifting. Just not 545lbs. More of them are putting up big weight because the social stigmas are breaking down. Just like they did with the whole barefoot and pregnant bit

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Women were always lifting. Just not 545lbs. More of them are putting up big weight because the social stigmas are breaking down. Just like they did with the whole barefoot and pregnant bit

Women have never in history lifted like they are right now. There were always a few savages deadlifting decades ago but that was pretty rare. The larger talent pool means it's more likely that strong people will rise to the top, something that grip hasn't experienced yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Women have never in history lifted like they are right now. There were always a few savages deadlifting decades ago but that was pretty rare. The larger talent pool means it's more likely that strong people will rise to the top, something that grip hasn't experienced yet. 

I know. Would you lift heavy if you were told that it was ugly and you need to get back in the kitchen? 

• Like 1

The thing increasing the most, as far as I can tell, is the number of butt hurt guys that feel emasculated that women are outlifting them.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The thing increasing the most, as far as I can tell, is the number of butt hurt guys that feel emasculated that women are outlifting them.  

I can't understand this, I want everybody to lift as much as they can, myself included.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

More power to them.  I have noticed in grip that my PRs are often close to the woman's world record, and maybe at first I was a little butt hurt when I could NOT top some of those, but now I am actually proud when I CAN beat a women's world record in something as lots of guys can't.  And then when you switch out of grip and look at power lifting lol -- I cannot come near the women's numbers on that, even at same body weight.  What's more, many of these women are not succeeding by choosing masculinity over femininity.  Many do not develop a masculine look or stereotypical habits, but are just fit, attractive, feminine gals who lift 500+ pounds.  It can challenge one's view of things, in a good way.

• Like 1

Just now, Vinnie said:

More power to them.  I have noticed in grip that my PRs are often close to the woman's world record, and maybe at first I was a little butt hurt when I could NOT top some of those, but now I am actually proud when I CAN beat a women's world record in something as lots of guys can't.  And then when you switch out of grip and look at power lifting lol -- I cannot come near the women's numbers on that, even at same body weight.  What's more, many of these women are not succeeding by choosing masculinity over femininity.  Many do not develop a masculine look or stereotypical habits, but are just fit, attractive, feminine gals who lift 500+ pounds.  It can challenge one's view of things, in a good way.

Amen Vinnie.  I use it for motivation.  Plus, like you said, many of them are hotties.  Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And that last comment was not a criticism of gals who have a less traditional look, either -- just an observation that our sports are moving away from an assumption of masculinity in its participants, and a woman does not have to feel that her acceptance in the sport or success in it has anything to do with now she presents outside her lifts.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1