Arnold convention postponed / cancelled. No spectators for events

Mike Rinderle

I saw that Larrat has found a bar named Brothers, near the convention center, where they will be arm wrestling tonight. Everyone invited, etc...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackjaw said:

I saw that Larrat has found a bar named Brothers, near the convention center, where they will be arm wrestling tonight. Everyone invited, etc...

Very cool

This is my take as far as gripsters are concerned, as of NOON eastern and this update.

NOT HAPPENING:

• Armlifting
  • Arm Wrestling
  • Spectators of any kind on the convention floor, including siblings, spouses, and friends

STILL HAPPENING

• Pretty much every other sport
  • Rogue Record Breakers (Anvil, Dinnie Stone, etc)

WHO CAN ENTER

• Competitors and Coaches
  • Parents/guardians of minors
  • ticketed events NOT in main expo room (ie Strongman Finals Saturday night)

---

@Lucasraymond, this is my formal application to take you on as my very first coaching client. For my services, I will pay you $20 a day 😂😷

Edited by DAVE101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, DAVE101 said:

This is my take as far as gripsters are concerned, as of NOON eastern and this update.

NOT HAPPENING:

• Armlifting
  • Arm Wrestling
  • Spectators of any kind on the convention floor, including siblings, spouses, and friends

STILL HAPPENING

• Pretty much every other sport
  • Rogue Record Breakers (Anvil, Dinnie Stone, etc)

WHO CAN ENTER

• Competitors and Coaches
  • Parents/guardians of minors
  • ticketed events NOT in main expo room (ie Strongman Finals Saturday night)

---

@Lucasraymond, this is my formal application to take you on as my very first coaching client. For my services, I will pay you $20 a day 😂😷

I have two “coaches” already here 🤣

Just heard a no fluff military man spitting real facts. Avg age of corona virus death is 80yrs old. Avg age needing medical attention is 60+

So good thing they cancelled the Arnold expo that's it's prime demographic. 

16 have died in this country 

22k from the flu.

Get a grip(no pun intended)

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Just heard a no fluff military man spitting real facts. Avg age of corona virus death is 80yrs old. Avg age needing medical attention is 60+

22k from the flu.

Silence. We dont talk about numbers unless its grip numbers. Grip only. 

3 hours ago, king crusher said:

22k from the flu.

This is dangerous thinking. No the 250,000 25 year olds at the expo probably won't die from their illness. But 250,000 grandparents probably will. Have you looked at the incidence rate and how gravely contagious the virus is?

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

This is dangerous thinking. No the 250,000 25 year olds at the expo probably won't die from their illness. But 250,000 grandparents probably will. Have you looked at the incidence rate and how gravely contagious the virus is?

Might I politely and respectfully suggest that we all refrain from making any statements about the COVD-19 outbreak as we will only be misinforming one another and fueling chaos... whether it be fear mongering; underplaying the sincerity of the situation; or somewhere there in between.

Current data on this virus and the outbreak is acutely preliminary; constantly evolving and changing at the moment.  It is simply way too early for anyone to accurately make any conclusive statements about COVID-19... exactly what many responsible governments and medical institutions worldwide are now struggling to get both the media and their citizens to understand and refrain from spreading inaccurate/incomplete information.

Edited by Ricochet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Might I politely and respectfully suggest that we all refrain from making any statements about the COVD-19 outbreak as we will only be misinforming one another and fueling chaos... whether it be fear mongering; underplaying the sincerity of the situation; or somewhere there in between.

Current data on this virus and the outbreak is acutely preliminary; constantly evolving and changing at the moment.  It is simply way too early for anyone to accurately make any conclusive statements about COVID-19... exactly what many responsible governments and medical institutions worldwide are now struggling to get both the media and their citizens to understand and refrain from spreading inaccurate/incomplete information.

Plus it will get the thread locked..

Airborne Chinese Bat AIDS!  

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Airborne Chinese Bat AIDS!  

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

Concur, I believe "Bat AIDS" is still fair game and open for what might be a very interesting discussion but for the life of me I don't quite know how it applies to grip?!?! Outside of bat hanging grip strength that is... 😁😜🤪😝

Edited by Ricochet
  • Haha 1