Arnold convention postponed / cancelled. No spectators for events

Mike Rinderle

Is the Armlifting USA comp still happening?

Contests are still on.  No expo.  No spectators.  Except for bodybuilding.

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Contests are still on.  No expo.  No spectators.  Except for bodybuilding.

That's great that the comp is still on at least. hopefully someone can take vids like other competitors  

So the comp will be like the comp I had in my garage the other day. All alone with no spectators lmao. Probably won't see as huge of numbers as if they were in front of thousands of screaming (Corona virus infected????) Fans

Wonder if they would have cancelled the super bowl? HECK NO. It's all about that dollar. Arnold festival's is small potatoes so they do it for "the heath of everyone " but I bet they wouldn't cancel the super bowl. But what about the health lol

Edited by king crusher

Seems like a pretty good compromise instead of just shutting down the entire thing. Hopefully lots of livestreaming will make up for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

Probably won't see as huge of numbers as if they were in front of thousands

Don’t count on that. @AdamTGlass and I will be there, mullets a blazing ready to rage. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• Like 4

An email was just sent out to athletes that all stages are cancelled as of this morning. There will not be any competitions.

• Sad 3

This is only the start to the madness - ESPN— March basketball tournament mention of no fans at games?? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

An email was just sent out to athletes that all stages are cancelled as of this morning. There will not be any competitions.

Here’s Riccardo’s email for anyone that didn’t get it. 

01CAD9D7-28F1-450F-A125-54E42C81FEF4.png

I'm going into the bubble business.  I will be making millions of dollars! Get on the waiting list for your very own personal bubble. 

Edited by king crusher

7 hours ago, Squeezus said:

For just arm wrestling? 

13 minutes ago, king crusher said:

For just arm wrestling? 

Everything.  Whole thing cancelled. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Everything.  Whole thing cancelled. 

Cancelled for spectators but the competition is still on for strongman and bodybuilders. I don't see any new info saying comp is completely cancelled 

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Cancelled for spectators but the competition is still on for strongman and bodybuilders. I don't see any new info saying comp is completely cancelled 

You are correct.  Was given bad info.  They are even allowing spectators for finals.  Because people are less contagious during finals.  It's science.

BTW: The below change.org petition is what started the pressure on Governor and Mayor.  Bunch of Columbus Soy Boys afraid there would be too many manly men attending, causing too much testosterone to be emitted, which would lead to them all losing their girlfriends to said manly men.

On Sunday, a change.org petition began circulating calling on the governor to cancel the event, though the Arnold Sports Festival is a privately-run event. As of Wednesday morning, the petition has been signed nearly 11,000 times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Update: -The expo, which is the most serious public health threat with 250,000 attendees is canceled.

-All sporting events will go on as scheduled.

-Spectators will be allowed to attend all sports events.

-The Arnold Sports expo and vendor booths will be the only thing no longer taking place this weekend.

• Thanks 1

Can't imagine how frustrating this is for the athletes, let alone vendors and people holding the competition like Riccardo Magni. Awful, and I hope no one  directs their frustration at Armlifting USA. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Can't imagine how frustrating this is for the athletes, let alone vendors and people holding the competition like Riccardo Magni. Awful, and I hope no one  directs their frustration at Armlifting USA. 

No one will. Riccardo did an excellent job keeping everyone in the loop. Nothing but respect for Riccardo.

he’s not to blame for the kung-flu fallout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

No one will. Riccardo did an excellent job keeping everyone in the loop. Nothing but respect for Riccardo.

he’s not to blame for the kung-flu fallout.

Everybody was Kung-flu fighting

That chit was fast as lightning

It was a little bit frightening 

14 dead as of this writing

Dom chinky chong chong ching chong ching...

Edited by Mike Rinderle

I'll be there...winning my $1000 from Rogue...and selling equipment out of a tote 🤪

• Like 4

Arm wrestling and some others are completely cancelled I read this morning.  All the big events remain on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigRedDoc said:

Update: -The expo, which is the most serious public health threat with 250,000 attendees is canceled.

-All sporting events will go on as scheduled.

-Spectators will be allowed to attend all sports events.

-The Arnold Sports expo and vendor booths will be the only thing no longer taking place this weekend.

Nope.  Now the governor and mayor are threatening legal action if they allow fans at anything but finals.  It's a chit show.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/coronavirus/arnold-organizers-plan-to-allow-spectators-negotiating-with-state-city-leaders

Please note in the above article that they are still having:  jump rope, foosball, fencing, axe throwing, yoga, and baton twirling.  Remember that the next time you want to argue about how big gripsport is.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2