Grip Genie is LIVE!

Cannon

Really interesting set of pre-rated grippers, dang! 

Love those round numbers though @ 90, 110, 120, 140, & 190! 😍

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is awesome Matt. You always do such a great job with the store. Now you bring another high quality brand to fill much needed gaps. Thanks for all you and Kristy do for us gripper nuts. Your store has been so important to many of us in achieving our goals 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 10

58 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Looks like grip genie 5 is gonna be a nice transition from the #2.5 to the #3

Yeah exactly! Some pretty sweet ones today, 138, 140? Really saught after numbers. Can’t wait for the averages chart. 

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, devinhoo said:

Yeah exactly! Some pretty sweet ones today, 138, 140? Really saught after numbers. Can’t wait for the averages chart. 

I have some data I'll post here tonight. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Here you go nerds.

image.png

Looks like i can get a 6 here soon 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Here you go nerds.

image.png

Mmmmm data 🤤

• Haha 3

It was a long morning.  Me and my 11yo rated all those today. And that wasn't even everything we rated today. 

She's asking for a commission on Grip Genie sales 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We’ll all just have to keep an eye out for when he posts more. 😜

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. This now is just another copy of IM ladder with minute difference. And you know why? Because owner wants us grip nuts to buy as much grippers as possible.

Edited by Goran Paulinič
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. 

Well if you want a gripper around 130, just buy a 2.5. The average 2.5 is rated 129 according to Cannon powerworks ratings data. I also don’t have a problem supporting Tom and Juji. That are very likable guys who put out entertaining material. 

Plus I appreciate that the some of the Genie 6 grippers are coming in at over 185. That bridges the gab between a COC 3.5 and 4 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Well if you want a gripper around 130, just buy a 2.5. The average 2.5 is rated 129 according to Cannon powerworks ratings data. I also don’t have a problem supporting Tom and Juji. That are very likable guys who put out entertaining material. 

Plus I appreciate that the some of the Genie 6 grippers are coming in at over 185. That bridges the gab between a COC 3.5 and 4 

I have absolutely nothing against Tom and Juji. They behave the same as all others. Rationally. Why produce grippers with exact ratings if you can produce grippers so that grip nuts have to play lottery.

Just now, Goran Paulinič said:

Why produce grippers with exact ratings if you can produce grippers so that grip nuts have to play lottery.

On the next round of pre rated grippers, I’ll snatch up a Genie 6 gripper because they bridge the gap nicely  between the 3.5 and 4

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Afaik that would be close to impossible to do. And If it isnt it would require a very strict manufacturing process and the price would skyrocket. 

I hope someone will explain to me (or even show video) the process. I don't understand why there isn't a constant spread of handles for example. And exact placing of the coil in a handle shouldn't be the problem too. The only sound reason why there may be problems is quality of steel in coils.

Edited by Goran Paulinič

23 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It's the Steel, yes. Exactly why I can't answer.

But but. They also put coils at different height in handles and they produce different spreads of handles. Well, isn't this intentional?

Maybe  Xinyi wanjia grippers will qualify in Cannonpowerworks store ,since Silvis  is now gone?!  Morgan said quality is similar to RB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Maybe  Xinyi wanjia grippers will qualify in Cannonpowerworks store ,since Silvis  is now gone?!  Morgan said quality is similar to RB.

That would be interesting. I know they have smaller gradients i.e. 225, 275, 325. A friend of mine just bought a few but hasn’t received them yet. It’ll be interesting to see where they end up in terms of RGC. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. This now is just another copy of IM ladder with minute difference. And you know why? Because owner wants us grip nuts to buy as much grippers as possible.

The actual problem is there is only certain spring stock that is readily available. We really need another wire size that doesn't exist. You want to scare that up for us?  I'll stock your product :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

That I would agree with Goran. No excuse for that. 

But I dont think it is intentional. It's just unstrict quality control. 

See I thought he meant you could make a certain gripper with a certain spring size, wind diameter, number of coils, and mounting depth so that the end result is a 130 gripper.

I would argue the economics won't work out and the end result will vary anyway. It would be easier to file an existing gripper IMO. 

Making the spread and the depth consistent would be easy, targeting an exact poundage would be really difficult because of the way springs are made. It also doesn't matter because even tho some people like specific numbers, you don't ever need single pound precision to get stronger. 

3 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Making the spread and the depth consistent would be easy, targeting an exact poundage would be really difficult because of the way springs are made. It also doesn't matter because even tho some people like specific numbers, you don't ever need single pound precision to get stronger. 

And you also cannot be fully satisfied with 20 pounds precision to get stronger. The tougher it is the smaller are necessary steps.

Filling ruins gripper in my opinion. What is filled gripper? You cannot add material any more when it is filed off.

• Haha 1