Grip Genie is LIVE!

Cannon

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, Cannon said:

We are already talking to them about a CPW exclusive custom color GG5 or GG6.

WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE!?

Any news on a CPW exclusive grip genie color?

Gunmetal gray would be cool. Purple would be neat too. Maybe 'Cannon avatar' orange?

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, slazbob said:

Are juji and Tom suing each other for Grip Genie? Looks like it.

I'm no lawyer, maybe we can get Vinnie to chime in but it appears that Tom stole around $120k from the company, the suit is alleging this irreparably damaged the company and they are either asking for the money or for Tom to transfer ownership of his portion of the company. This is not legal advice, I'm not a doctor, please don't sue me. 

• Sad 1

thats too bad, they seemed like good friends.  It's amazing, once people start to get successful, what the greed and ego does.

I just bought their hub, block and rolling thunder. They are good quality.

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I'm no lawyer, maybe we can get Vinnie to chime in but it appears that Tom stole around $120k from the company, the suit is alleging this irreparably damaged the company and they are either asking for the money or for Tom to transfer ownership of his portion of the company. This is not legal advice, I'm not a doctor, please don't sue me. 

I haven't heard anything about any of this, have not met either Tom or Juji, and can only say that stealing, if it happened, is bad (duh).  I do like the grip genie grippers.

• Like 1

I’ve heard of none of this. It’s a great company to work with.  They’ve been delivering great product. 😊

From Tom:

hey all,

I messed up. A lot.

You can dive into all the public info you'd like, but in short:

I took money from my own company when I should not have done so.

I took money from the youtube channel and I should not have done so.

I'm sad that friendships have ended through a lawsuit.

I'm sad that my name is being dragged through the mud with rumors of what happened and I just hope that people can understand that I'm human and I made mistakes.

I never intended to hurt anyone and I'm sorry if the community is fractured due to my behavior, I'm sorry that you were all in the left in the dark for the last 2 months.

I spent the last 4 years of my life, day and night, dedicating myself to building these communities, I'm sorry I let ya'll down.

I dont like that he simultaneously admits his own wrongdoings, yet blames the ending of the friendship on the lawsuit being filed.  He still isn't taking full responsibility for his actions.

Regardless, I'm sad to see an entertaining pair of guys that seemed like a genuine friendship come to an end.  Hoping for better days ahead for all involved.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, Climber028 said:

Yeah that was the accusation. Never ever someone is always 100% wrong. Blame goes on both ends. Albeit one much more than the other. But I love the fact which says in the "accusation" that Tom, a 100 pound man, broke beds, doors and walls with his punches. Not even Mike Tyson can do that. Happy days.

44 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

I dont like that he simultaneously admits his own wrongdoings, yet blames the ending of the friendship on the lawsuit being filed.  He still isn't taking full responsibility for his actions.

Regardless, I'm sad to see an entertaining pair of guys that seemed like a genuine friendship come to an end.  Hoping for better days ahead for all involved.

We all know sometimes the lawyers ask you to apologize in public because it might help with his case or that is what Jon asked for to "forgive him". Yeah things like that exist. But it is true that Tom was a gambling addict. It is all over Reddit and word of mouth.

45 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah that was the accusation. Never ever someone is always 100% wrong. Blame goes on both ends. Albeit one much more than the other. But I love the fact which says in the "accusation" that Tom, a 100 pound man, broke beds, doors and walls with his punches. Not even Mike Tyson can do that. Happy days.

We all know sometimes the lawyers ask you to apologize in public because it might help with his case or that is what Jon asked for to "forgive him". Yeah things like that exist. But it is true that Tom was a gambling addict. It is all over Reddit and word of mouth.

Not sure how much time you have spent in America, but our walls are thin enough that an angry 12 year old can punch a hole through it no problem. 

• Like 1

I just don't know what it's worth to repost any allegations here and speculate about what happened. If this stuff is on Reddit, etc, it can just stay there. I'd prefer not to continue hanging any dirty laundry here.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

From what source? You posted no link..

@DAVE101 Please do not post a link. Or take it to PM :)

It seems that the company will continue making products, which is great to hear!  I think "grip" is still growing rapidly and I bet it will still do really well.

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Not sure how much time you have spent in America, but our walls are thin enough that an angry 12 year old can punch a hole through it no problem. 

Saw that and also saw walls which will stop a moving car.

2 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

For once, Matt isn’t jumping too fast to put an end to banter ..... that’s a smart move, Matt. Especially on a public forum. None of us would want anyone talking up a storm about our legal troubles no matter how true or untrue. Let the law do its job and give Juji and Tom some dignity to get through it without the internet giving its 2 cents.

Sometimes  what we say on these forums can impact us and the parties being spoken about in MAJOR negative way that can harm reputations further of both all in the name of being wash women . And in this current cancel culture climate and everyone saying you can’t say this or that  and everyone suing if you look at them wrong who really needs that kind of problem. I know this is America and we have free speech but some speech when it is in regards to Accusations or details of someone committing Or not committing a crime that’s Under investigation could come back to haunt someone when they least expect it. Don’t want to see that happen. I know none of us would want public threads on the internet calling us guilty or not of anything. Let the law do its job. I say that with respect to all.

True

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

It seems that the company will continue making products, which is great to hear!  I think "grip" is still growing rapidly and I bet it will still do really well.

Grip will grow big time. Mark my words.

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

I just don't know what it's worth to repost any allegations here and speculate about what happened.

@DAVE101 Please do not post a link. Or take it to PM :)

Agreed. Defaming someone's character when they're not there to defend themselves is shameless and disgraceful - like talking bad behind someone's back. Now to do it to someone you don't even know? When there's no scrap of evidence? No one benefits from that. That's why I quoted Tom directly, and only Tom. Everything else is just rumor and accusation.

Wasn't going to post the link, but I'll assume I can name the origin.

7 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

From what source? You posted no link..

You... don't believe me? If you're genuinely curious about this, I wouldn't recommend the GripBoard as your sole resource for. Googling Jujimufu or any of the text in the quote will bring up as much info as you're willing to read; including Tom's statement which was on Discord.

Reddit: Yes many of the comments are rumors and criticism, but it does contain the specific details on the case if you can see past the drama and remain objective.

Edited by DAVE101

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

Agreed. Defaming someone's character when they're not there to defend themselves is shameless and disgraceful - like talking bad behind someone's back. Now to do it to someone you don't even know? When there's no scrap of evidence? No one benefits from that. That's why I quoted Tom directly, and only Tom. Everything else is just rumor and accusation.

Wasn't going to post the link, but I'll assume I can name the origin.

You... don't believe me? If you're genuinely curious about this, I wouldn't recommend the GripBoard as your sole resource for. Googling Jujimufu or any of the text in the quote will bring up as much info as you're willing to read; including Tom's statement which was on Discord.

Reddit: Yes many of the comments are rumors and criticism, but it does contain the specific details on the case if you can see past the drama and remain objective.

You posted it. Burden of proof is/was on you. Your initial post lacked a credible source thereby nurturing the drama. I could say jujimfu was in fact the guilty party and is using his star power to influence hate towards tom and making tom the fall guy. Or something to that effect. I mean. Come on.

i dont get this place...talk about peds and the law comes crashing in on your face. And you get a notice from the UN Security Council.  Solicit rumors or heresay with no actual proof is cool though...

If you dont want to promote the crap, delete the posts. Kinda like you guys seem to do with other spicy conversations.

Thought this was the gripboard and not tmz. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by BottledCitrus

@BottledCitrus, I see a lot of complaining without a willingness to contribute something useful. We're all just asking about current events here.

13 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

i dont get this place... Solicit rumors or heresay with no actual proof is cool though...

13 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

I could say jujimfu was in fact the guilty party and is using his star power to influence hate towards tom and making tom the fall guy.

It's a bit hypocritical to condemn rumors and then yourself go on to speculate and spread heresay. You criticize me for sharing Tom's public statement... which is the only thing at this point that is NOT speculation. No one is going to paint Tom in a better light than himself. There is no "burden" for proof, I'm simply sharing what he wanted the public to know. I mentioned nothing about allegations or stuff the court is to decide. That said, allegations are just that. Speculating about them before the court ruling is masturbation and only serves to harm the reputations of the people involved - people that several gripsters here know personally. @Cannon did not prohibit all discussion, lock the thread, nor delete comments. His request to avoid slander for friends of the community - while still a form of censorship - is not unreasonable. 

Court filings are public, nothing stopping anyone curious from looking it up themselves, so no need to post "proof" here. Theres nothing to prove as we're all just discussing things this isn't a court room. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Court filings are public, nothing stopping anyone curious from looking it up themselves, so no need to post "proof" here. Theres nothing to prove as we're all just discussing things this isn't a court room. 

Making unsolicited statements,  claims or commentary etc without posting the source is garbage. Anyone can say anything.  So when you put a post up claiming so and so said this,  with no link to the source it should absolutely be called out. Of course its not a court room. 

7 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

@BottledCitrus, I see a lot of complaining without a willingness to contribute something useful. We're all just asking about current events here.

It's a bit hypocritical to condemn rumors and then yourself go on to speculate and spread heresay. You criticize me for sharing Tom's public statement... which is the only thing at this point that is NOT speculation. No one is going to paint Tom in a better light than himself. There is no "burden" for proof, I'm simply sharing what he wanted the public to know. I mentioned nothing about allegations or stuff the court is to decide. That said, allegations are just that. Speculating about them before the court ruling is masturbation and only serves to harm the reputations of the people involved - people that several gripsters here know personally. @Cannon did not prohibit all discussion, lock the thread, nor delete comments. His request to avoid slander for friends of the community - while still a form of censorship - is not unreasonable. 

What i said went over your head. YOU posted a statement supposedly made by tom, with no link or screenshot to legitimatize said statement. The burden of proof is indeed on YOU because YOU posted the unverified statement and YOU should be able to provide the requested proof. Of course I could google fu this crap. But thats not how this works. Why are we wasting time here? This isnt a hard concept. If I said that muscle fibers grow 5x times more by only using thickbar implements ya’ll would be up my tush about proof. I made a statement with no supporting evidence. You’d want to see the supporting evidence, No? 

Its simple. If we were worried about potentially slandering the parties (i dont see that happening here, but whatever)involved or not even going to post any evidence, articles or verified(provable)  statements by the parties involved why are we even here? Ya’ll talking about something you arent willing to properly talk about. So why are you doing it? Clearly we are tip toeing around a topic NO ONE wants to dive into properly. Sooo...why are we even bothering? ItS nOt A cOuRtRoOm, kay. 

Don’t at me. Im moving on to look at workout logs. 

25 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

Can we move past this? Here's source.

XYhHWLd.png

I didn’t bring it up(juji and tom suit) . Im also not the ones discussing stuff I don’t really wanna discuss properly. Or posting statements without links or as you posted screenshots of the statement in its original form. 

If you are gonna talk about on going litigations, or the potential fall out from said litigations then do it in its purest form like it should be. We are all grown adults (presumably) and (presumably) discussing topics like this is something we should be able to do. Didnt think we had even go down this road. Either talk about it properly using the readily available information or don’t. Its not that hard. 

Fascinating.☺️