Jump to content
Cannon

Grip Genie is LIVE!

Recommended Posts

devinhoo

Really interesting set of pre-rated grippers, dang! 

Love those round numbers though @ 90, 110, 120, 140, & 190! 😍

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

Looks like grip genie 5 is gonna be a nice transition from the #2.5 to the #3

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

This is awesome Matt. You always do such a great job with the store. Now you bring another high quality brand to fill much needed gaps. Thanks for all you and Kristy do for us gripper nuts. Your store has been so important to many of us in achieving our goals 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo
58 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Looks like grip genie 5 is gonna be a nice transition from the #2.5 to the #3

Yeah exactly! Some pretty sweet ones today, 138, 140? Really saught after numbers. Can’t wait for the averages chart. 

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cannon
1 minute ago, devinhoo said:

Yeah exactly! Some pretty sweet ones today, 138, 140? Really saught after numbers. Can’t wait for the averages chart. 

I have some data I'll post here tonight. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cannon

Here you go nerds.

image.png

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan

 

7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Here you go nerds.

image.png

 

 

Looks like i can get a 6 here soon 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo
7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Here you go nerds.

image.png

 

 

Mmmmm data 🤤

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cannon

It was a long morning.  Me and my 11yo rated all those today. And that wasn't even everything we rated today. 

She's asking for a commission on Grip Genie sales 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Qaroh

This is awesome 👍🏻

Unfortunately I was not lucky to get #120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo

We’ll all just have to keep an eye out for when he posts more. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goran Paulinič
Posted (edited)

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. This now is just another copy of IM ladder with minute difference. And you know why? Because owner wants us grip nuts to buy as much grippers as possible.

Edited by Goran Paulinič
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
1 hour ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. 

Well if you want a gripper around 130, just buy a 2.5. The average 2.5 is rated 129 according to Cannon powerworks ratings data. I also don’t have a problem supporting Tom and Juji. That are very likable guys who put out entertaining material. 
 

Plus I appreciate that the some of the Genie 6 grippers are coming in at over 185. That bridges the gab between a COC 3.5 and 4 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goran Paulinič
34 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Well if you want a gripper around 130, just buy a 2.5. The average 2.5 is rated 129 according to Cannon powerworks ratings data. I also don’t have a problem supporting Tom and Juji. That are very likable guys who put out entertaining material. 
 

Plus I appreciate that the some of the Genie 6 grippers are coming in at over 185. That bridges the gab between a COC 3.5 and 4 

I have absolutely nothing against Tom and Juji. They behave the same as all others. Rationally. Why produce grippers with exact ratings if you can produce grippers so that grip nuts have to play lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I have absolutely nothing against Tom and Juji. They behave the same as all others. Rationally. Why produce grippers with exact ratings if you can produce grippers so that grip nuts have to play lottery.

Afaik that would be close to impossible to do. And If it isnt it would require a very strict manufacturing process and the price would skyrocket. 

Edited by Hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
Just now, Goran Paulinič said:

Why produce grippers with exact ratings if you can produce grippers so that grip nuts have to play lottery.

On the next round of pre rated grippers, I’ll snatch up a Genie 6 gripper because they bridge the gap nicely  between the 3.5 and 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

How is the spread on these grippers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goran Paulinič
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Afaik that would be close to impossible to do. And If it isnt it would require a very strict manufacturing process and the price would skyrocket. 

I hope someone will explain to me (or even show video) the process. I don't understand why there isn't a constant spread of handles for example. And exact placing of the coil in a handle shouldn't be the problem too. The only sound reason why there may be problems is quality of steel in coils.

Edited by Goran Paulinič

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
18 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I hope someone will explain to me (or even show video) the process. I don't understand why there isn't a constant spread of handles for example. And exact placing of the coal in a handle shouldn't be the problem too. The only sound reason why there may be problems is quality of steel in coals.

It's the Steel, yes. Exactly why I can't answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goran Paulinič
23 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It's the Steel, yes. Exactly why I can't answer.

But but. They also put coils at different height in handles and they produce different spreads of handles. Well, isn't this intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

But but. They also put coils at different height in handles and they produce different spreads of handles. Well, isn't this intentional?

That I would agree with Goran. No excuse for that. 

But I dont think it is intentional. It's just unstrict quality control. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryroza

Maybe  Xinyi wanjia grippers will qualify in Cannonpowerworks store ,since Silvis  is now gone?!  Morgan said quality is similar to RB.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo
1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Maybe  Xinyi wanjia grippers will qualify in Cannonpowerworks store ,since Silvis  is now gone?!  Morgan said quality is similar to RB.

That would be interesting. I know they have smaller gradients i.e. 225, 275, 325. A friend of mine just bought a few but hasn’t received them yet. It’ll be interesting to see where they end up in terms of RGC. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cannon
6 hours ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I would like to see a gripper with average rating 130. That would be reasonable step between Coc 2.5 and 3. This now is just another copy of IM ladder with minute difference. And you know why? Because owner wants us grip nuts to buy as much grippers as possible.

The actual problem is there is only certain spring stock that is readily available. We really need another wire size that doesn't exist. You want to scare that up for us?  I'll stock your product :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.