Simple/Effective Grip Programming

Dbramb

Especially with grippers. For some reason, using implements on a loading pin with weights, people are more likely to pick a scheme of reps/sets/holds.

But grippers? Nah, quick warmup, and try to mash the next biggest one you haven't closed yet.

• Like 2

I'm no expert... Only been doing it a few months but i do the following

grippers, sledgework, farmer walks, twist yo wrist, plate pinches, cannonball grips, one arm kettlebell swings, hanging.. I feel it covers all the basics, and as I get stronger I will add more variety. 

• Like 1

*Sorry for double post...

Edited by Blacksmith513

You can do all that and if you recover in time that's great. But you might consider focusing on one thing for a few weeks and then going to the next, you'll find you can retain most of that strength as you cycle through it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wobbler said:

You can do all that and if you recover in time that's great. But you might consider focusing on one thing for a few weeks and then going to the next, you'll find you can retain most of that strength as you cycle through it.

I seem to recover real well. I never go to failure, and I wonder if doing manual labor for the last 10 years has improved my capacity.   This week was my week off from heavy lifting, but this time, I am going to focus more on a couple things and leave a couple things on the back burner.