Too Much For Forearms?

Climbers Grip

I know wrist roller work and farmers walks and deadlift 'holds' all hit the forearms pretty hard. My question is would this be to much for the forearms...

Monday-Wrist roller-2 warm up sets, 2-3 sets to failure

Tuesday- Farmers walks- 2 warm up walks, then 2 sets of heavy walks till failure

Wednesday- rest

Thursday- Same as monday

Friday- Deadlift holds- 2 warm ups, 2-3 heavy holds till failure

Rest all weekend

Hows this sound? Too much? Also, if I just wanted to concentrate on wrist roller work, would M-W-F, 2 warm up sets and 2 sets to failure, be okay? Thanks for any help.

Guest David Fralick

To find out if its too much for you all you have to do is try it. You will soon know if it is too much or not. If it is too much cut back a bit and try agin. No one can realy tell you if its too much for you or not, all thay can say is its too much for them.

(Edit... Just remember most grip masters follow there own training program)

Edited by David Fralick

The m,w,f for the wrist roller should be fine. I would build up to more volume though when possible. IF your after size add in some high rep db wrist curls, levering and plate wrist curls. Austin

The m,w,f for the wrist roller should be fine. I would build up to more volume though when possible. IF your after size add in some high rep db wrist curls, levering and plate wrist curls. Austin

For the wrist curls, what (if any) are the advantages of using db's over using an E-Z curl bar?

when do you climb, in that program?

when I climb, the rest of my training goes slightly down.

overtraining is easy.

do you boulder or prefer routes?

david

LOVE to boulder, most of my climbing is routes. Dont get to climb as much as I used to, so I wouldn't worry about throwing that into the training. When I do climb, it'll knock off 2 workout days in the week.