What feat of grip strength are you most proud of?

Stephen Anderson

@KapManWell they do say that all good humor has its roots in the pain of life. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Maybe. Or it was a self deprecating tongue in cheek comment. Ya’ll posting huge lists of really good feats/accomplishments . And theres my little engine that could tns. Akin to whispering at a rock concert. 

If your tns was whispering at a rock concert than my guide close with a deep set was akin to falling asleep under the bleachers wrapped in some old newspaper 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, king crusher said:

If your tns was whispering at a rock concert than my guide close with a deep set was akin to falling asleep under the bleachers wrapped in some old newspaper 

That’s amazing 

I'm a little over 4 years into doing grip, almost 36, so still mostly looking forward. Not super proud of anything yet except maybe a few red nails under cert conditions, but I haven't actually done the cert yet so...

Mostly just content with grinding, small increases here and there, try not to get hurt or if I do, rehab and get smarter. Enjoy the process.

I'm creeping up on a few things though, that's good enough for me, for now. 

I'm so stubborn that most people mistake it for patience, pretty proud of that if I had to pick something. 😁

• Like 3

1. 2x25kg + 5lbs Plate Pinch RH

2. Blobzilla RH, 1/2 Lift LH (will come in time)

3. 300lbs on 2.5" FBBC Jug

4. 300lbs on FBBC Anvil

5. Inch RH, Fatman Blob LH

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

1. 2x25kg + 5lbs Plate Pinch RH

2. Blobzilla RH, 1/2 Lift LH (will come in time)

3. 300lbs on 2.5" FBBC Jug

4. 300lbs on FBBC Anvil

5. Inch RH, Fatman Blob LH

Huge lifts!

For me, it would probably be something like this, because I think very few people weighing about 200 lbs or less have the combination of hand, arm, and back strength to replicate it.

• Like 8

I'm still proud to be the lightest person on the MM ladder by a fair bit.  Closed the MM1 around 160 lbs.  I'm also proud of my over-body-weight gripper closes in competition.      

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

For me, it would probably be something like this, because I think very few people weighing about 200 lbs or less have the combination of hand, arm, and back strength to replicate it.

Yeah that's all around excellent.  I think I'd lack the grip for this one. Back and arm fine though. I lifted a 138lb inch and that was hard. Don't think I could lift a full weight inch. That was in like 04 though so who knows

#1) Pulling 410lbs on the FBBC 1" vertical bar in training. 

Honorable mention: Getting a tie for 1st place at the Backyard Bastard Bash with Dave Thornton on the 1" FBBC vbar with 351lbs. 

@dthor

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bencrush said:

#1) Pulling 410lbs on the FBBC 1" vertical bar in training. 

Honorable mention: Getting a tie for 1st place at the Backyard Bastard Bash with Dave Thornton on the 1" FBBC vbar with 351lbs. 

@dthor

Then there was the matter of the Fantastic Bastard...

• Like 2