What feat of grip strength are you most proud of?

Stephen Anderson

14 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I guess I’m not overly proud of any 1 feat I’ve done in grip. I kind of dig all my PRs. All were fun moments that were and are rewarding.

i would say what I’m most proud of in grip is all the good people I’ve met doing it. Grip led me to the original Tx crew. Eric, PK, Casey, Kevin, Mark. Which led me to further learn grip. Which led to bending. Which led me to learn of other crews doing similar stuff. Which also led me to arm wrestling. Which also is now leading me to PL. and maybe even one day I will listen to the homies here and end up doing some podcasts or something.

Definitely glad to have met some great dudes from grip!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Mashing the handles on a CoC guide with a deep set! 

You are on a roll with BUTTER , my man! First “‘men at work”... and now this? You’ve outdone yourself! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Very few average men can do this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

None really. Because I haven’t done much of anything worth a damn. But if I had to pick something. Tns my filed 160lb gripper. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

MM3 certification

Hows the set on that thing??

Nothing yet, still new...  a few weeks back, I spent two weeks, pulling thousands of nails/staples out of a 1000 square foot floor, then had to scrape all the tar paper that has been stuck to the floors for 100 years or so, it was really on there.... Anyways, I managed to do all that, plus  go pretty hard with my grip training and my hands never tired, plus I got about 10 nasty cuts doing it.

That's not a strength feat, but that is an endurance feat (for me).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Hows the set on that thing??

This is what I can remember (if I said this anywhere else on the board, please forgive me, its been a few years since I attempted the MM3).

The setting isn't that hard. The last part of the close is the tricky part.

When I trained for this certification this attempt became easy because of how I trained. The gripper felt similar to a filed GHP8 I had around 182-184 rating range. Setting, if I'm remembering is super easy. The real trick to beating the MM3 is the last 5/16 of the close is to train with a gripper that goes beyond the range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

This is what I can remember (if I said this anywhere else on the board, please forgive me, its been a few years since I attempted the MM3).

The setting isn't that hard. The last part of the close is the tricky part.

When I trained for this certification this attempt became easy because of how I trained. The gripper felt similar to a filed GHP8 I had around 182-184 rating range. Setting, if I'm remembering is super easy. The real trick to beating the MM3 is the last 5/16 of the close is to train with a gripper that goes beyond the range.

Thanks great advise

4 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Are you going for the MM2 next or are you passing?

I will wait a few months, I fell back a little after the MM1.  I need to get back into it.  Also hurt my thumb, which is keeping me from training much of any grip area right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king crusher said:

Not to take away from that amazing feat, but I saw someone do that with a COC Trainer once. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

Not to take away from that amazing feat, but I saw someone do that with a COC Trainer once. 

Video is required for world class claims dude per board rules :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You are on a roll with BUTTER , my man! First “‘men at work”... and now this? You’ve outdone yourself! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My next feat will be a hard one, to lever a Stanley 20oz claw hammer. Wish me luck bros

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes sir! Vincenzo ‘ Di Downplay

See I can laugh at myself, too.  But Giuseppe, mio paesano (I do believe you are part Aye-talian like me) -- there is no W or Y in italiano!  lol

-- Vincenzo Giocagiu'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

See I can laugh at myself, too.  But Giuseppe, mio paesano (I do believe you are part Aye-talian like me) -- there is no W or Y in italiano!  lol

-- Vincenzo Giocagiu'

Yup....  75% Italiano for this kid.

14 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I guess I’m not overly proud of any 1 feat I’ve done in grip. I kind of dig all my PRs. All were fun moments that were and are rewarding.

i would say what I’m most proud of in grip is all the good people I’ve met doing it. Grip led me to the original Tx crew. Eric, PK, Casey, Kevin, Mark. Which led me to further learn grip. Which led to bending. Which led me to learn of other crews doing similar stuff. Which also led me to arm wrestling. Which also is now leading me to PL. and maybe even one day I will listen to the homies here and end up doing some podcasts or something.

I agree with Tommy here that I have a bunch of PRs/feats that I am proud of. Now if calling out Brian Shaw on the Rogue Anvil and then if he actually competes on stage and I win that would be awesome but only time with tell...Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH. 

• Like 4

Grip feat I'm most proud of:  Holding onto my dignity after getting smacked in the face with a squat stand. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As a grip generalist, I don't have specific feat to point to that I am most proud of. Most of the cool things I have done have been done before or could be done again or better by someone that specializes in that grip area. I have always felt the most proud after winning competitions. I think the most work I have done for a feat was probably lifting Blobzilla with both hands. I was very satisfied to have come all the way from not being able to lift a regular blob to lifting something 14lbs heavier and much wider. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Holding a Thomas inch 172 dumbbell deadlift while   Sledge hammer face levering a 20 pound hammer for 6 reps. I don’t think anyone has duplicated that for more than one rep as far as I know. As far as I’m concerned I can now retire.....

Well done bro! The king of sledge and wrist, literally. Whoever has doubts are lost in doubts.

19 hours ago, Mywor said:

Easily my Double 2x25kg lift. Almost got it 4 months months earlier, but then I dislocated my left middle finger. Started working even harder to achieve it and I was super close multiple times. Finally got it and I've never been this happy after any lift. Had a thumb injury in november, but hopefully you'll see some farmers walk videos this year. 

https://youtu.be/IvLfNIYmwwY

https://youtu.be/QTHuKB6j-AQ

My Thomas Inch Clean (76kg) when Sam Parker and Julia Mills were visiting. Definitely one of my coolest feats, but I didn't have to put any spesific work into it and I didn't think I was anywhere close. After one thick bar training session I just decided to go for it and after few attempts I was able to do it. I mean I worked super hard last year on my Crusher strength and managed to hit 98kg in training which is 12kg increase from 2018, but I didn't do it to clean the Inch. 

Can you remind me how you dislocated your middle finger? Grip or just accident? But well done, world class feat!

As for me my most proud grip feat is when I get the time to train :laugh Really that is what I am most proud of. But if you just ask me a real feat, then I'd go with my two finger blob 50 clean and press.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Well done bro! The king of sledge and wrist, literally. Whoever has doubts are lost in doubts.

Can you remind me how you dislocated your middle finger? Grip or just accident? But well done, world class feat!

As for me my most proud grip feat is when I get the time to train :laugh Really that is what I am most proud of. But if you just ask me a real feat, then I'd go with my two finger blob 50 clean and press.

I ran out of my quota for likes.... awesome job bro, and thanks.

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Grip feat I'm most proud of:  Holding onto my dignity after getting smacked in the face with a squat stand. 

Truly a dizzying feat. (The squat and the dignity.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Thanks! 

I was playing around witv sandbags and 250lbs sandbag crushed it 😅 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KapMan said:

I forgot to add the video TNS

That is definitely a strong squeeze!  But it might not have been the right video because it wasn't closed. 

• Like 1