What feat of grip strength are you most proud of?

Stephen Anderson

Explain what grip feat you’re most proud of! And if you have video evidence throw that out there as well!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Explain what grip feat you’re most proud of! And if you have video evidence throw that out there as well!

Holding a Thomas inch 172 dumbbell deadlift while   Sledge hammer face levering a 20 pound hammer for 6 reps. I don’t think anyone has duplicated that for more than one rep as far as I know. As far as I’m concerned I can now retire.....

Edited by Guest

For me it is my first 1HP 2- 20 KG calibrated rogue plates. I set that as a lifetime goal and bought the plates and within 3 weeks got it done. I was never a fan of pinch until Chris Rice helped me and ever since I enjoy it. To post that on my YouTube and see comments out of nowhere from the very best in the world was incredible!

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Holding a Thomas inch 172 dumbbell deadlift while   Sledge hammer face levering a 20 pound hammer for 6 reps. I don’t think anyone has duplicated that for more than one rep as far as I know. As far as I’m concerned I can now retire.....

Great stuff!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

For me it is my first 1HP 2- 20 KG calibrated rogue plates. I set that as a lifetime goal and bought the plates and within 3 weeks got it done. I was never a fan of pinch until Chris Rice helped me and ever since I enjoy it. To post that on my YouTube and see comments out of nowhere from the very best in the world was incredible!

Strong!! BMF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I don't think I'm really proud of anything, yet, but I'm a little satisfied with a tetting elite mms close with my left hand and deep setting 3.5 with my right. 

Both pretty big feats! 🎉

• Like 2

When i out of the blue managed to increase my SB hold on #4 from 8 seconds to 20! Also my 36.45kg hublift and 46.2kg blockbuster almost full lift :)

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Lennix said:

When i out of the blue managed to increase my SB hold on #4 from 8 seconds to 20! Also my 36.45kg hublift and 46.2kg blockbuster almost full lift :)

Ya one im pretty proud of. is when i got 9 sec my very first competition on the #4 and it was my first time touching grippers. I got 22.5 sec this past weekend. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Ya one im pretty proud of. is when i got 9 sec my very first competition on the #4 and it was my first time touching grippers. I got 22.5 sec this past weekend. 

I heard! Been following your SB progress :D insanely good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MM7 certification. I destroyed that gripper with the second close being the most dominating (I believe the mostly dominating close ever of the gripper).

Edited by Chez
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

MM7 certification. I destroyed that gripper with the second close being the most dominating (I believe the mostly dominating close ever of the gripper).

King of grippers 😎 but im trying to make a run! Amazing close!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

King of grippers 😎 but im trying to make a run! Amazing close!

Thanks bud. I am looking to make my best run yet. It will fun cheering you on at the same time 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Just now, Chez said:

Thanks bud. I looking to make my best run yet. It will fun cheering you on at the same time 

Agreed! Id love to make it to that MM8 spot

• Like 2

Bringing up my crush to around 170# despite hitting a real plateau years earlier at around 125#.

Staying free from serious injuries.

Done some other "feats" that are decent but I don't really care much about it. Mostly because it was just a one time thing and I will most likely never reach the same level again.

• Like 6

I'm more proud of my diversity or balance than any one feat.

• Like 6

I have two, if you’ll deign to allow bending to count. 

First, finishing what I believe to be the shortest 16mm snap on record, 29”, for David Horne’s List. The weekend after I finished this, I was diagnosed with a crazy flu that kept me out of commission for a week, so please excuse how terrible I look:

The second is double overhanding 6” wrenches, which have become a signature feat of mine where I teach. Office ladies fight over my “pen holders.”

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I'm more proud of my diversity or balance than any one feat.

Chris, I joke that I like to be mediocre across a wide range of athletic disciplines (bending, Strongman, grip, middle distance running, powerlifting) so that everyone thinks I suck at what they know but am awesome at everything else. You’ve been consistently excellent across a wide range. That is, indeed, something to be proud of.

• Like 3

It would have to be either when I hit 40kg/88lbs on the IM hub, or when I managed to 1hp 2x20kg plates

Hub lift is at 0:40

• Like 8

Easily my Double 2x25kg lift. Almost got it 4 months months earlier, but then I dislocated my left middle finger. Started working even harder to achieve it and I was super close multiple times. Finally got it and I've never been this happy after any lift. Had a thumb injury in november, but hopefully you'll see some farmers walk videos this year. 

https://youtu.be/IvLfNIYmwwY

https://youtu.be/QTHuKB6j-AQ

My Thomas Inch Clean (76kg) when Sam Parker and Julia Mills were visiting. Definitely one of my coolest feats, but I didn't have to put any spesific work into it and I didn't think I was anywhere close. After one thick bar training session I just decided to go for it and after few attempts I was able to do it. I mean I worked super hard last year on my Crusher strength and managed to hit 98kg in training which is 12kg increase from 2018, but I didn't do it to clean the Inch. 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 6

For me it has to be certing either MM1 and/or GHP 7, since I felt like they were both near the top of my range, and I got very solid closes on both.

• Like 7

Just now, Vinnie said:

For me it has to be certing either MM1 and/or GHP 7, since I felt like they were both near the top of my range, and I got very solid closes on both.

Not to take anything away from these closes, but the MM1 has a very easy spongy set, and the GHP 7 has no rating tag, so it could have been a real easy one. 

Oh look, @Joseph Sullivan is right -- I even did it to myself!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Not to take anything away from these closes, but the MM1 has a very easy spongy set, and the GHP 7 has no rating tag, so it could have been a real easy one. 

Oh look, @Joseph Sullivan is right -- I even did it to myself!  ;)

Yes sir! Vincenzo ‘ Di Downplay

47 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Are you going for the MM2 next or are you passing?

I guess I’m not overly proud of any 1 feat I’ve done in grip. I kind of dig all my PRs. All were fun moments that were and are rewarding.

i would say what I’m most proud of in grip is all the good people I’ve met doing it. Grip led me to the original Tx crew. Eric, PK, Casey, Kevin, Mark. Which led me to further learn grip. Which led to bending. Which led me to learn of other crews doing similar stuff. Which also led me to arm wrestling. Which also is now leading me to PL. and maybe even one day I will listen to the homies here and end up doing some podcasts or something.

• Like 6