2020 Ft Worth Record Breaker

Stephen Anderson

29 minutes ago, KapMan said:

You do you fam. 

My god you are the most exhausting person to be around on here 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KapMan said:

No. Im not. And Im not gonna get into it. I have my moments. But in the grander scheme of things I suck. Thats reality. We can sit here and psycho-analyze my attitude and behavior till our finger tips bleed. Not gonna change anything.

I’m not interested or qualified in any way to being anyone’s shrink. I will state the obvious though.. if watching these guys makes you feel bad, then don’t watch them? If something makes me feel bad, or hurt, I stop doing it.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Accept bending.. that hurts and I keep doing it... 👀 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

My god you are the most exhausting person to be around on here 

Only on the gripboard can you literally not be good at something and everyone tries  to convince you that you are good based on the 99% trope. 

You fools do it to yourselves. Im allowed to not be good at shit. And be ok with it. No one is good at everything. You guys seem to take issue with that fact. 

but you guys maybe on to something... 

I should start a BBQ restaurant and hit pit competitions since I can make Bbq pulled pork out of the crockpot. 

Or. I can join E-sports. After making a giant meatball in minecraft Im sure I can kick butt in a crazy call of duty tournament. 

Maybe I can start my own construction company since I built a multi level structure out of Lego with my kid. 

Edited by KapMan

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I’m not interested or qualified in any way to being anyone’s shrink. I will state the obvious though.. if watching these guys makes you feel bad, then don’t watch them? If something makes me feel bad, or hurt, I stop doing it.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Accept bending.. that hurts and I keep doing it... 👀 

I never said that lol, and thats not even in the same zip code as what I said. And yeah you do run around here and snipe comments like some pesudo cerebral assassin. 

4 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Only on the gripboard can you literally not be good at something and everyone tries  to convince you are good based on the 99% trope. 

You fools do it to yourselves. Im allowed to not be good at shit. And be ok with it. No ine is good at everything. You guys seem to take issue with that fact. 

but You guys maybe on to something though. 

I should start a BBQ restaurant and hit pit competitions since I can make Bbq pulled pork out of the crockpot. 

Or. I can join E-sports. After making a giant meatball in minecraft Im sure I can kick butt in a crazy call of duty tournament. 

Maybe I can start my own construction company since I built a multi level structure out of Lego with my kid. 

Oddly enough, every one of those has a better return investment than grip. Lol!

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Oddly enough, every one of those has a better return investment than grip. Lol!

Thats hilarious 😂

Edited by KapMan

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Only on the gripboard can you literally not be good at something and everyone tries  to convince you that you are good based on the 99% trope. 

You fools do it to yourselves. Im allowed to not be good at shit. And be ok with it. No one is good at everything. You guys seem to take issue with that fact. 

but you guys maybe on to something... 

Yet you keep going. For your own sake, get off the internet 

29 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Yet you keep going. For your own sake, get off the internet 

No.  Irritating you seems to be another thing im good at along with grip, legos and crock pot bbq

• Haha 2

Perfectly good trip report ruined by middle of page 1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KapMan said:

No.  Irritating you seems to be another thing im good at along with grip, legos and crock pot bbq

Shawn you are officially invited to crook pot us some din din while building a Death Star 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, Stephen Anderson said:

Came down to Texas this weekend to hangout and just try to PR on some of my current lifts.

The comp was well ran like always. We did silver bullet first event. Of course in @Boulderbrew Tanner Merkle fashion he put up a big 30 sec hold on the #4. I then went and put up a big PR for myself with 22sec on the #4. 

next event was the rolling thunder this and axle are both events that i need to get significantly better at. For me patience and consistency are my enemies! But I registered 183 on rolling thunder and 340 on axle which are both good numbers to start the year. Adam and Tanner of course put up huge numbers. Not sure on exacts but results should be out soon. 

last was saxon bar this was an event i was getting better at in training and just wanted to put a number up that was just as good as my last comp. I believe i did around 209 which i was happy with. Again adam and tanner blow it away like always! 

afterwards we messed around with some other implements i never have used before which is always fun.
Then went back to adams for the real fun. Had some fun trying all sorts of bending and new grippers. watched adam and tanner both do a double inch farmers walk for a significant distance. Very impressive. Overall it was a fun weekend glad i was able to come down and hangout and soak up all the knowledge as always!! 

Solid lifts! Great report. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, Stephen Anderson said:

Well like i said! Find what you’re good at and run with it! “Keypinch”.. thats all im gonna say!

Lets not forget @KapMan has closed grippers around 170 RGC without a tremendous amount of direct training, right Shawn? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Lets not forget @KapMan has closed grippers around 170 RGC without a tremendous amount of direct training, right Shawn? 

No. I busted my balls. I have to work 80x harder then you people at just about everything. Nothing comes easy, I have zero natural physical abilities. 

which is why I haven’t accomplished much of anything. I

Edited by KapMan

3 hours ago, KapMan said:

No. I busted my balls. I have to work 80x harder then you people at just about everything. Nothing comes easy, I have zero natural physical abilities. 

which is why I haven’t accomplished much of anything. I

My bad. Just giving props where it’s due. You are better than average at grippers. Great squat and deadlift too. I feel lousy when I don’t have a goal to strive for. Just set a goal man, that way you have a reason to get up and do something. This Cheerleader is out ✌️

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

My bad. Just giving props where it’s due. You are better than average at grippers. Great squat and deadlift too. I feel lousy when I don’t have a goal to strive for. Just set a goal man, that way you have a reason to get up and do something. This Cheerleader is out ✌️

Im done with lifting. All I did was hurt myself and end up at the VA more then anyone should. , None of my goals were accomplished. No 200 hundo on any rolling handle, no red nail, no tns 165, no nothing. Complete ass fest. Not worth it to keep trying just to continue to be in slew mode, thats demoralizing. I walk near daily and fish, so theres that. 

I appreciate the “cheerleading” but theres no point. Im negative for a reason.  Workin on it though. Best liftin