2020 Ft Worth Record Breaker

Stephen Anderson

6 hours ago, Hopefully said:

It wasn't about talent, just Jerome. Got a little pissed, wanted to defend him in some way. Should have thought it through more clearly. I should have quoted, but it was a response to @Kluv#0 comment. What I also should have done was not commenting at all. I suspected it would come down to this. 

I’ve has those moments as well... where you wish you had a Mulligan and not pressed send.... but I don’t think anyone was putting Jerome down, especially it Mike, who is actually pretty good friends with Jerome.

22 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Mouth of the south tommy hart ringside ladies and gentlemen, the best hype man in Texas.

57E467F4-C04C-490D-A78D-F52107C4178D.jpeg

How dare you!....

his stache isn't half as good as mine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I opened a real can o worms here!  Sorry Adam, Tanner, Jerome!  I figured that Adam and Tanner are elite enough that noting someone else might beat them in one event they don't train much (Finnish Ball) while calling attention to the small guy who does that event quite well (because I have been seeing his progress on Facebook lately) might be pretty safe.  Because I figured that Adam and Tanner are secure in how good they are and would not take offense or become nervous that someone mentioned Jerome, and I was not comparing overall grip stardom here as Joe fears and as Tommy says would be silly because A and T would win.  I honestly just have been seeing a lot of this FB lately and am intrigued because I have never tried one and that makes all these posts about it draw me to want to try one, and wonder how hard this thing is.

And of course, it isn't the same Finnish Ball.  One might be seasoned differently, or made in a different batch, etc. 

My apologies for inadvertently hijacking Stephen's thread!  I respect every single person commenting here, and have been at comps with most of you.  You all beat me at everything pretty much all the time except that I think I once tied Tommy on a Saxon lift lol.  I hope you all keep posting the feats.  I'll watch my words a little more so as not to hijack more threads with off-topic diversions, peace!

• Like 4

And I hope there is a Texas comp in June again.  Been looking forward to coming to another one there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think I opened a real can o worms here!  Sorry Adam, Tanner, Jerome!  I figured that Adam and Tanner are elite enough that noting someone else might beat them in one event they don't train much (Finnish Ball) while calling attention to the small guy who does that event quite well (because I have been seeing his progress on Facebook lately) might be pretty safe.  Because I figured that Adam and Tanner are secure in how good they are and would not take offense or become nervous that someone mentioned Jerome, and I was not comparing overall grip stardom here as Joe fears and as Tommy says would be silly because A and T would win.  I honestly just have been seeing a lot of this FB lately and am intrigued because I have never tried one and that makes all these posts about it draw me to want to try one, and wonder how hard this thing is.

And of course, it isn't the same Finnish Ball.  One might be seasoned differently, or made in a different batch, etc. 

My apologies for inadvertently hijacking Stephen's thread!  I respect every single person commenting here, and have been at comps with most of you.  You all beat me at everything pretty much all the time except that I think I once tied Tommy on a Saxon lift lol.  I hope you all keep posting the feats.  I'll watch my words a little more so as not to hijack more threads with off-topic diversions, peace!

I dont think you did anything wrong.

For the most part its the Napalm, Lobster and Wonder Boy show. You cant talk on this board or grip in general with out those guys getting shoved up your butt. Its as if they are the only guys in grip. Its high decibel worship, because Its not that the talent pool is lacking either. As you eluded to, theres folk that are doing great things in other areas of grip and they get overshadowed by the same guys. Jerome and GG are key pinch elite and respect is due. Even if you dont like keypinch. 

19 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Hate to slobber but perspective time- Adam & Tanner both achieved world class levels on the Finnish Ball! So much talent it is crazy- much respect 🦁

I am in a good position(former overall WR) to point out to others who might not know a Finnish ball from a beach ball that Adam and Tanner performed World Class Keypinch. The beauty of Gripsport is there are many different shapes, sizes of implements and to see only a handful of gripsters excel at EVERYTHING is fascinating to me. Jerome Bloom is a good friend and IMO, best Keypincher ever. Once again, great results and much respect in every lift!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Keep the conversation flowing this world needs some good healthy debate

• Like 2

Sounds like a good time! I was out of town for work the previous week (and travelling both of those weekends) or I'd probably have made it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Keep the conversation flowing this world needs some good healthy debate

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Definitely do not care about people comparing grip stardom. What gets me shaking my head all the time is when folks can’t enjoy a feat or a lift for what it is and not downplay, or give the compliment with a shade of under handed tones. That is all. I just don’t get that. I’m sure others don’t care for it as well but just refrain from commenting on it.

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

I could explain in detail why I interpreted it in the way I did, but from what I have seen it is too sensitive a subject to touch on so whatever. I have no interest in a complete shitstorm, nor do I have an interest in debating it either. Therefore I shouldnt have said anything. And I also should have worded it differently so people wouldn't get so immensely pissed off. It is what it is. 

No matter what you said or what you did, or who it pissed off.... you handled it like a man, so no worries.

I think it was all handled well with great discussion and opinion!!

• Like 1

I usually just get motivated by seeing big numbers, if it's a lighter guy that's even better. I need constant reminders that while it probably helps, you don't need to be big to be strong, especially in some of the more niche grip lifts. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I don’t believe you had any malice intent Vinnie. I think more at play here is my sensitive side! 😝

that aside, a am very much so a guy that sees things black and white. To me there are few topics that seem to genuinely have a grey area. I feel strength is not one of them. You either are, or are not stronger than someone else.

I like to believe there are no “yeah, but ☝...” moments when determining who’s stronger. Call it naive?.. I dunno. If so, I’ll wear it well! Just how i like to see it. Also not a big fan of focusing on the BW factor, unless it’s to be used as a flat out tie breaker. BW and strength are not linear. I don’t care what anyone says. To me it’s the same as if we give extra points to a guy in an IQ test because his head is smaller (and thus has less brain matter) than the guy who scored a point or two higher on the same test. If there were any topic around here that qualifies as such, BW debates are 100% peanut gallery material as it relates to who can lift more.

While I’m on another one, hand size? As it relates to grip? Is very relevant imo, tho. Example- you’re hands either are, or are not larger. Giving you either more or less material on the implement.

forgive me if I’m rambling.. do I even make sense to you guys?

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, KapMan said:

To be fair, after awhile seeing the same folk doing the same thing awesomely it gets boring. I think impressive is thrown around here too much especially with just a small pool of people. You get numb to it.

oh boy jedd won another thing..

oh boy tanner and adam did another thing better than most everyone...

Same shit different patch of grass, its boring. Like when the  patriots were winning all the time. We get it, your gifted...

Even the best food in the world would get boring if you had it every day. Thats where we are. It doesnt mean its less impressive, because it is. Dominate strength is dominate strength. But you grow to expect it and therefore its not surprising anymore. 

This is easy to remedy. Don’t watch. Whenever I get tired of seeing NE, I remember that no one forced me to watch them play. No one forced me to change the channel to the game, or even turn the TV on on Sunday.

Interesting adder to this phenomenon. NE keeps doing what they do regardless of if I’m watching or not.

...get what I’m saying?

its odd no one has suggested this to you yet. Maybe because it’s online? Don’t know. To me the same rules apply weather your watching online complaining, or sitting there in person watching Tanner and Adam lift and complaining how bored you are at seeing it. In person, most would just remind you that you were free to leave. But I’m not surprised that once again I’m having to point out the elephant in the room here on the board. 🤷🏼‍♂️

At times you are pretty quick.. and I find it to be hilarious! other times you portray yourself as sort of a self hating, and envious person. And the only one who thinks that way about you is you. Nobody thinks you are lesser or have no worth because you’re not doing inch farmers.

So stop it. These guys rep the USA. Be proud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

This is easy to remedy. Don’t watch. Whenever I get tired of seeing NE, I remember that no one forced me to watch them play. No one forced me to change the channel to the game, or even turn the TV on on Sunday.

Interesting adder to this phenomenon. NE keeps doing what they do regardless of if I’m watching or not.

...get what I’m saying?

its odd no one has suggested this to you yet. Maybe because it’s online? Don’t know. To me the same rules apply weather your watching online complaining, or sitting there in person watching Tanner and Adam lift and complaining how bored you are at seeing it. In person, most would just remind you that you were free to leave. But I’m not surprised that once again I’m having to point out the elephant in the room here on the board. 🤷🏼‍♂️

At times you are pretty quick.. and I find it to be hilarious! other times you portray yourself as sort of a self hating, and envious person. And the only one who thinks that way about you is you. Nobody thinks you are lesser or have no worth because you’re not doing inch farmers.

So stop it. These guys rep the USA. Be proud.

K.

Thats not the point.  but ok. 

22 hours ago, Vinnie said:

And I hope there is a Texas comp in June again.  Been looking forward to coming to another one there.

@Vinnie that is happening. Riccardo is getting his travel date set. As soon as finalized I’ll post all info

as to the rest of this thread - get used to what you see here. Things only grow from this point. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I don’t believe you had any malice intent Vinnie. I think more at play here is my sensitive side! 😝

that aside, a am very much so a guy that sees things black and white. To me there are few topics that seem to genuinely have a grey area. I feel strength is not one of them. You either are, or are not stronger than someone else.

I like to believe there are no “yeah, but ☝...” moments when determining who’s stronger. Call it naive?.. I dunno. If so, I’ll wear it well! Just how i like to see it. Also not a big fan of focusing on the BW factor, unless it’s to be used as a flat out tie breaker. BW and strength are not linear. I don’t care what anyone says. To me it’s the same as if we give extra points to a guy in an IQ test because his head is smaller (and thus has less brain matter) than the guy who scored a point or two higher on the same test. If there were any topic around here that qualifies as such, BW debates are 100% peanut gallery material as it relates to who can lift more.

While I’m on another one, hand size? As it relates to grip? Is very relevant imo, tho. Example- you’re hands either are, or are not larger. Giving you either more or less material on the implement.

forgive me if I’m rambling.. do I even make sense to you guys?

Talking specifically about hand size in grip. I think hand thickness plays the biggest role. I know it limits me to an extent

5 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Talking specifically about hand size in grip. I think hand thickness plays the biggest role. I know it limits me to an extent

Yep, I agree there. Thick handed dudes are gonna struggle with thickbar lifts especially. Hand length for hand length, the thicker handed guy gets less wrap. I.E., less material on the implement. But as stated before, those thick hands are suited excellent for grippers. And I could make a strong case for you having excellent steel bending hands as well. 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy J. said:

Yep, I agree there. Thick handed dudes are gonna struggle with thickbar lifts especially. Hand length for hand length, the thicker handed guy gets less wrap. I.E., less material on the implement. But as stated before, those thick hands are suited excellent for grippers. And I could make a strong case for you having excellent steel bending hands as well. 😬

100% agree! I think at the end of the day. It comes down to what you wanna do. Find that and shut up and chase to be good at it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

K.

Thats not the point.  but ok. 

Hey I’m jussayin’... you never need to put yourself down around here! Or anywhere! You’re a lot better off than you give yourself credit for at times!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Hey I’m jussayin’... you never need to put yourself down around here! Or anywhere! You’re a lot better off than you give yourself credit for at times!

No. Im not. And Im not gonna get into it. I have my moments. But in the grander scheme of things I suck. Thats reality. We can sit here and psycho-analyze my attitude and behavior till our finger tips bleed. Not gonna change anything.

7 minutes ago, KapMan said:

No. Im not. And Im not gonna get into it. I have my moments. But in the grander scheme of things I suck. Thats reality. We can sit here and psycho-analyze my attitude and behavior till our finger tips bleed. Not gonna change anything.

Well like i said! Find what you’re good at and run with it! “Keypinch”.. thats all im gonna say!

3 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Well like i said! Find what you’re good at and run with it! “Keypinch”.. thats all im gonna say!

Im good. 

14 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Man everybody weaker than you must really suck then, I should just quit lifting all together and take up knitting. I just hope I can find some thread that isn't too heavy for my fragile hands. 

Just now, Climber028 said:

Man everybody weaker than you must really suck then, I should just quit lifting all together and take up knitting. I just hope I can find some thread that isn't too heavy for my fragile hands. 

You do you fam.