Strongest State in North America

Stephen Anderson

32 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Well. I was working hard jobs in my life (garbage man, pollutry industry, warehouse,etc.) and I didn't get magically stronger beyond average measure. I didn't bench press 315 , not even 220 without barbell trainning and I barely  coc #1 after one month of trainning. So, it is genetic mostly I would say. And because Texas has large population there are freaks in larger groups.

I'm starting to see why you believe the average, untrained male can only deadlift 60 kg.  I think maybe you are placing some limitations you've encountered onto the general male populace as a whole.  

My wife closed a #1 on her first try.  Just sayin.  

👹

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Wait what? Did it take you 1 month of grippertraining to close #1? 

That's not uncommon for your avg guy. I used to test people in my daily life on grippers and tons of adult males failed to close a #1 so I could see it taking a month for some to close it.

• Like 5

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm starting to see why you believe the average, untrained male can only deadlift 60 kg.  I think maybe you are placing some limitations you've encountered onto the general male populace as a whole.  

👹

Must feel awesome to not get called from watching TV to open a jar all the time. 

Just now, king crusher said:

That's not uncommon for your avg guy. I used to test people in my daily life on grippers and tons of adult males failed to close a #1 so I could see it taking a month for some to close it.

Yea,  one would be surprised how hard a number one is for a lot of people even if they are training. 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea,  one would be surprised how hard a number one is for a lot of people even if they are training. 

I have a friend who is plenty strong in the gym and is a big guy 6'3" 250ish and he can't close a one. Gets really close but nope lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

12 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I can't believe this, I've had multiple people from different backgrounds try my easy #1.5 and literately no one missed after i show how to set it. 

Deskpeople with 0 training background 70kg etcetc 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Must feel awesome to not get called from watching TV to open a jar all the time. 

OK, now I like you again.

• Haha 1

In my office, I have had about 10 people (men and women) try my easier grippers and the best anyone closed was a trainer.  That was a 22-year-old 6 foot tall 180 pound guy in good shape.  No one could do the 1.  None of these folks were huge or gym rats, but kudos to Mike's wife!

This was just picking it up and trying to close it.  I didn't ask for TNS, but without knowing how to set, it was probably a pretty wide set and not necessarily the best positioning.  I do think that if I gave a three-minute lesson in positioning and setting, the guy who did the trainer might get the 1, and a few who missed the trainer might get it.  A fair set will make a big difference.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

In my office, I have had about 10 people (men and women) try my easier grippers and the best anyone closed was a trainer.  That was a 22-year-old 6 foot tall 180 pound guy in good shape.  No one could do the 1.  None of these folks were huge or gym rats, but kudos to Mike's wife!

This was just picking it up and trying to close it.  I didn't ask for TNS, but without knowing how to set, it was probably a pretty wide set and not necessarily the best positioning.  I do think that if I gave a three-minute lesson in positioning and setting, the guy who did the trainer might get the 1, and a few who missed the trainer might get it.  A fair set will make a big difference.

Before instruction, sure I would have guessed alot would have missed. But with showing them how to properly set it i cant believe this. 

Just to add, I believe. Just mind blown. 

Edited by Lennix

31 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

👹

No, I've seen others struggle a lot. But 60 kilos was little to little ofcourse. Most men struggle between 70 and 90 kilos regardles of how hard they work I would say.

• Like 1

Melissa had expert instruction on how to set a gripper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Melissa had expert instruction on how to set a gripper.

Most men I tried with coc #1 couldn't get it. Approximately one in ten got it. Those are just facts no matter how some brag about their superiority. Yes, some are superior and some are elite.

• Like 1

If we follow logic "everyone can squezze" no.1 first try why are then there guide and trainer? And there are even less hard grippers. So, all these are for kids and women ha? :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Most men I tried with coc #1 couldn't get it. Approximately one in ten got it. Those are just facts no matter how some brag about their superiority. Yes, some are superior and some are elite.

Did you show them how to set the gripper or just hand it to them and say squeeze?

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Did you show them how to set the gripper or just hand it to them and say squeeze?

Show them how to do it. It was closer than without knowledge but still no.

2 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

If we follow logic "everyone can squezze" no.1 first try why are then there guide and trainer? And there are even less hard grippers. So, all these are for kids and women ha? :)

And a sport 

If I grab no #1 today I can't believe that this was so hard for me 8 months from now. Now I can do #2.5. I think average guy as I am can maybe get #3 and not more. So no. #3 is a benchmark for average men. Maybe this will give some real perspective from a man who knows he is average. (not very common in life for people to admit that for any kind of ability :) )

9 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Yes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yes.

Yes they are for regular trainning. But average men start here. It would be stupid to stay on this level.

Edited by Goran Paulinič

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

👹

Where is your superstrong wife now? Is she closing #2.5 like nothing? She must.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Where is your superstrong wife now? Is she closing #2.5 like nothing? She must.

She competed a couple times and then came to the realization that this stuff is all "silly".  And I wouldn't say she is super strong.  Just not as weak as your male friends.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

She competed a couple times and then came to the realization that this stuff is all "silly".  And I wouldn't say she is super strong.  Just not as weak as your male friends.

Ok. You must be something special among your gifted friends ha?

10 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Ok. You must be something special among your gifted friends ha?

Nope.  Just average.   At best.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

So no. #3 is a benchmark for average men

I don't know if the "average man" could close a 3.  Not trying to argue that the average guy can't, but it is a pretty tough feat.  Even if you mean by "average men" that half of men could close a 3 with some level of effort (a little effort for some and more for others), and half could not close it with any degree of effort, it might be beyond the outside ability of more than half of men.  We will never know for sure, because grippers will never be interesting enough to society as a whole to motivate such effort!  But if you look at the grip board, which is a self-selected bunch of enthusiasts, full of people who mostly would like to say they have closed a 3, do you think even half of the members on here have?  Maybe, and I realize there are folks who can do it, even easily, and they just don't bother with certifications etc.  But I think there are also plenty who just can't close a 3, even though they may have tried, and even though they are otherwise rather strong.  I'm not sure if there is a way to check this (there definitely isn't a precise way), and maybe it is not worth opening another can of worms.  lol.  

Mike saying he is average:  then yes, average guy can close a 3.  But guys, Mike is not average, he is very very good.  But we see the best grip guys on here.  They close 3.5, occasionally 4.  So it makes us say average guy can close 3.  Not necessarily so.  It is a reasonable goal for many though.  Not world class, but I am just not sure it can be demoted to average lol.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1