Strongest State in North America

Stephen Anderson

On 2/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Climber028 said:

I promise you that you could do 315 in less than 5 years if it was a goal. So could I, and I'm weaker than you are. 

I was under the impression he would get it but it's not what an average untrained man can do. He can with training. Am I right Vinnie?

On 2/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, Goran Paulinič said:

There is an average man everywhere in strength sport. Look at me. My absolute max with bench would be 315 for sure.
Look at my sorry ass doing 120 kg bench after a year and a half trainning...

Good effort. With the RIGHT training you would rep this no problem. Never forget most strong people at the gym are taking something. Sleep well, eat well, train smarter and harder, then you would rep this clean of chemicals. 

On 2/18/2020 at 3:04 AM, DAVE101 said:

Sorry man, that is not the case for most people. It's been a goal, and I still haven't gotten it after 10 years - never mind 5. And I'm confident I'm not below average when it comes to genetics. I think you've seen some of the other lifts/feats I can do, so you know I'm capable of training intelligently as well.

Yeah true 315 isn't easy. But I am sure with the correct training you should be able to do it.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:09 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I agree with Dave. Dave is JACKED and very gifted in the athletic department . This arbitrary fantasy that everyone says 315 is attainable for all is healthy males is just not true. 315 for a natural lifter is a great lift. It’s attainable for many, but not for all, especially those not built for benching. 

Maybe. You know more as you used to bench before yeah ? But doesn't the right food, right sleep, and right training make you attain the 315 for a big healthy guy?

6 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

Thanks @Joseph Sullivan, and that's a good explanation @Mike Rinderle

@Climber028 Yes that's true, but I think it stretches the point of saying "Anyone can accomplish X" if saying you may need to gain 40 lbs, use supportive gear, or chemical assistance.

Believe it or not many people use it. 

• Like 1

It have taking me 3.5 years of bench 3x/week to reach 150kg bench press and that's with a BW of around 120kg. All the time following known programs (Stronglift, Madcow, Sheiko etc) 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2020 at 9:27 PM, king crusher said:

It took me about 3.5-4yrs to hit 315 and I was about 235lbs and 21yrs old then. So I've been able to do it for over 20yrs now except for about 6mo when I cut all the way to 180lbs just because i wanted to try. Now I'm 202 and 315 would be about a max right now. I'm certainly not built for the bench but I've been consistent for 24yrs so that has to count for something ha

Exactly. A lot of people would have given up prior to reaching this, but it doesn't mean it's impossible just that it no longer became a priority for them. I still think every healthy male could, with training get to 315 but I don't think they could all get to 500, that takes a mountain of work along with some lucky genetics. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Exactly. A lot of people would have given up prior to reaching this, but it doesn't mean it's impossible just that it no longer became a priority for them. I still think every healthy male could, with training get to 315 but I don't think they could all get to 500, that takes a mountain of work along with some lucky genetics. 

I don't think so. World class olympic lifter who weighs between 60 and 70 kg will lift around 180 kg CJ. World class OL who weighs 110+ (usually 150 kg or more) will lift around 240 kg CJ.  Difference between groups of those lifters is 60 kg. If we assume possible max bench regardless of weight of lifters is 220 kg, we can assume that world class lift for men around 60 and 70 kg would be 140 kg (220 kg for heaviest guys -60 kg). 315 is a world class lift (as it is according to natural IPF standards) for men under 70 kg. So it can't be something which anybody can do even if one weigh over 70 kg.

Edited by Goran Paulinič

15 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I don't think so. World class olympic lifter who weighs between 60 and 70 kg will lift around 180 kg CJ. World class OL who weighs 110+ (usually 150 kg or more) will lift around 240 kg CJ.  Difference between groups of those lifters is 60 kg. If we assume possible max bench regardless of weight of lifters is 220 kg, we can assume that world class lift for men around 60 and 70 kg would be 140 kg (220 kg for heaviest guys -60 kg). 315 is a world class lift (as it is according to natural IPF standards) for men under 70 kg. So it can't be something which anybody can do even if one weigh over 70 kg.

You'll notice I made no mention of bodyweight, since you can change that whenever you want it's not something you're stuck with like arm length or hand size.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 6:27 PM, king crusher said:

It took me about 3.5-4yrs to hit 315 and I was about 235lbs and 21yrs old then. So I've been able to do it for over 20yrs now except for about 6mo when I cut all the way to 180lbs just because i wanted to try. Now I'm 202 and 315 would be about a max right now. I'm certainly not built for the bench but I've been consistent for 24yrs so that has to count for something ha

Very good post. Most can achieve 315lb bench BUT can they  withstand the test of time and maintain that level for decades! Well-done

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very good post. Most can achieve 315lb bench BUT can they  withstand the test of time and maintain that level for decades! Well-done

Getting you a Joe Sullivan brag on! I like it!

18 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Getting you a Joe Sullivan brag on! I like it!

LOL, I was being genuine in my comment & props to KC- who we all know is a beast. 

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

LOL, I was being genuine in my comment & props to KC- who we all know is a beast. 

Of course.... comments are always genuine... but when ya got it, it ain’t braggin! 😊

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Just quoting this to see the beast comment twice lmao jk

18 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Just quoting this to see the beast comment twice lmao jk

I recall you doing 17 pullups at BWT over 200lb  last year, excellent rower, bench 315lb for over 20 years straight and 365 x 10 Dl. Beast category for sure:)

• Like 2

Out of "reactions" for the day... I may have to do some cocktail party lifts(KP) now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I recall you doing 17 pullups at BWT over 200lb  last year, excellent rower, bench 315lb for over 20 years straight and 365 x 10 Dl. Beast category for sure:)

What category does this 405x16 get me to? 

https://youtu.be/orC2VvqPOcU

This is when my deadlift was at its strongest.  Was going for 20 and my muscles had 20 but my cardio wouldnt have it. Couldnt get enough air towards the end with my tight belt on. Should have slowed my tempo and would have been good.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

What category does this 405x16 get me to? 

https://youtu.be/orC2VvqPOcU

This is when my deadlift was at its strongest.  Was going for 20 and my muscles had 20 but my cardio wouldnt have it. Couldnt get enough air towards the end with my tight belt on. Should have slowed my tempo and would have been good.

Apples to oranges but probably same category as me doing close grip 250 x 15 at age 41:) BWT 210 LB

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Apples to oranges but probably same category as me doing close grip 250 x 15 at age 41:) BWT 210 LB

Nice set! The spotter is like "why am I here" and gave up lifting after that day lol

Edited by king crusher

25 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Nice set! The spotter is like "why am I here" and gave up lifting after that day lol

Great one! That is hilarious. He may have ended up doing grip, LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goran Paulinič said:

CT repping 500 while relaxing in the gym. Natural ofcourse. ;)

Always liked this video but ct natural is a great joke. I see you agree. Also is it just me or is he trying really hard to sound like Ali in this clip?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

You look like you had 20 reps in the tank.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You look like you had 20 reps in the tank.

Listening to My Sharona equals 20, LMAO

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Listening to My Sharona equals 20, LMAO

Say it right or not at all sir

Ma ma ma ma my sharona lmao

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 6:03 AM, Climber028 said:

Agreed.

and y’all know I’m not one to be blunt, buuuuut..... people need to stop making excuses why they can’t bench better. If they spent less time droning on trying to convince anyone that will listen that “only gifted or enhanced people can bench 315 or more.” and more time trying to prove themself wrong, then they too would understand.

other than my at times overly optimistic bench thoughts on others (600 natty), i feel I’ve got a decent grasp on what most could accomplish on the barbell without much fuss, and without having to get scientific.

so I’ll go ahead and say what I think. 

any healthy, average size, athletic, serious, and determined grown ass man between the ages of 18 and say 60ish can 400/315/500. Raw. Natty. And the age I feel isn’t mandatory. Those younger than 18, or older than 60 can certainly do the same if the cards fall right. Could also be a little or a lot smaller or larger than average and do the same. And maybe even a midget could or has also! And as you can imagine, that’s not exactly a small window of candidates.

before anyone tries to pick my post apart and read it to others other than how I worded it, pay attention to every word in my previous paragraph. If you look closely, you can see that there’s no wiggle room for “but’s or what if’s” in there.

the game has changed. People are on average bigger and stronger than they have ever been. I’m not buying that new generations are growing weaker. They have just grown less masculine and have more emotion. 

And for fun factor, I’ll also point out that the following posts will prove my previous sentence correct also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Agreed.

and y’all know I’m not one to be blunt, buuuuut..... people need to stop making excuses why they can’t bench better. If they spent less time droning on trying to convince anyone that will listen that “only gifted or enhanced people can bench 315 or more.” and more time trying to prove themself wrong, then they too would understand.

other than my at times overly optimistic bench thoughts on others (600 natty), i feel I’ve got a decent grasp on what most could accomplish on the barbell without much fuss, and without having to get scientific.

so I’ll go ahead and say what I think. 

any healthy, average size, athletic, serious, and determined grown ass man between the ages of 18 and say 60ish can 400/315/500. Raw. Natty. And the age I feel isn’t mandatory. Those younger than 18, or older than 60 can certainly do the same if the cards fall right. Could also be a little or a lot smaller or larger than average and do the same. And maybe even a midget could or has also! And as you can imagine, that’s not exactly a small window of candidates.

before anyone tries to pick my post apart and read it to others other than how I worded it, pay attention to every word in my previous paragraph. If you look closely, you can see that there’s no wiggle room for “but’s or what if’s” in there.

the game has changed. People are on average bigger and stronger than they have ever been. I’m not buying that new generations are growing weaker. They have just grown less masculine and have more emotion. 

And for fun factor, I’ll also point out that the following posts will prove my previous sentence correct also.

A 500 deadlift is easier than a 315 bench. I'd say the 500 dead and 400 squat are about on par with each other and a 275 bench would be in line with those.

• Like 1