What's the most ridiculous grip feat?

Squeezus

I'm seeing a lot of strong stuff, but not as much ridiculous stuff. I wanna see inch dumbbell farmers walks on rollerskates, picking up a blob with an oven mitt, stuff that challenges the body and imagination!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I'm seeing a lot of strong stuff, but not as much ridiculous stuff. I wanna see inch dumbbell farmers walks on rollerskates, picking up a blob with an oven mitt, stuff that challenges the body and imagination!

Gil, a good one of these ridiculous feats would be your clap during 45 lb hub transfer 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Good luck with that. You can’t get half these people to lift a stub let alone do some crazy stuff like that. 

Edited by KapMan

9 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ridiculous and funny :D 

I use to think with my beaver looking mouth id be able to shred cards like a boss. Till I tried. About had a stroke. 

• Haha 1

Ever see the episode of Game of Thrones when the Mountain fought Oberyn Martell?  

That.

Edited by jasonotto
  • Haha 2

On 2/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Don bending over 100 red nails is the crasiest bending feat.

Agreed.  This was crazy-difficult on so many levels.  At my best and most explosive with double -overhand and killing Reds, no way could I have come close to this.  One of the craziest and most impressive feats I’ve ever seen.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Agreed.  This was crazy-difficult on so many levels.  At my best and most explosive with double -overhand and killing Reds, no way could I have come close to this.  One of the craziest and most impressive feats I’ve ever seen.

Thanks Carl! It was a fun feat to do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SarahChappelow said:

@Christopher Tracy smashing a clam in his hand.  

Chris' garage is like a feat factory. He is always doing some wild stuff.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:59 PM, Squeezus said:

OK. Does this qualify as a ridiculous grip feat?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

OK. Does this qualify as a ridiculous grip feat?

Way beyond ridiculous and well into crazy

21 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I would say no. That's a ridiculous mental feat. 

So a ridiculous grip is not a factor? A grip so strong that you trust it enough to climb El Cap with no safety ropes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

So a ridiculous grip is not a factor? A grip so strong that you trust it enough to climb El Cap with no safety ropes?

I would say absolutely it is a grip feat to the umpteenth degree. Every single strength/physical endeavor takes mental strength, and this is it to the max. 

The climb is not physically demanding, there are thousands of climbers who could do the physical portion if you had a magic safety net. The difficult part is doing the entire thing without getting nervous or panicking or slipping or any of the little mistakes that could lead to instant death. 

• Like 1

I would agree no doubt that the free solo was a huge mental feat as well. But just because their is a huge mental aspect does not mean it is not still a grip feat done in a ridiculous manner. Take Don's 100 red bend. By nail 75 I am sure it took him a lot more mental toughness than it did physical strength. Bending has a huge mental aspect as well. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I'm pretty new to grip sport so I haven't seen too many crazy feats of strength but one thing I've been really impressed by was Odd Haugen's Inch lifts. Also, this is my first actual post so let me know if everything came out right

https://youtu.be/nVKO3l__upI

• Like 2

Rindo bending in his undies is most ridiculous. Wiggy caught tons of shit from Kim Wood when he bent that crowbar under his leg. That was pretty ridiculous. Tanner is pretty ridiculous. Based on how you refined it Gil I think you would more entertained by the old time strongmen guys bending weird stuff while being funny to really see some ridiculous gripping 

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Rindo bending in his undies is most ridiculous. Wiggy caught tons of shit from Kim Wood when he bent that crowbar under his leg. That was pretty ridiculous. Tanner is pretty ridiculous. Based on how you refined it Gil I think you would more entertained by the old time strongmen guys bending weird stuff while being funny to really see some ridiculous gripping 

That stuff is really great too, but we know that not many of the old time guys can replicate the harder grip feats (Inch, Fatman Blob, 2x45 plate pinch, #3 gripper close, etc) mainly because they don't need to do that for their shows.