Your Most Treasured Gripper

Cannon

My second favorite gripper is a COC #1 gripper. It arrived to my house on my birthday, and I've had it ever since. Because it requires an intermediate level of strength to close, I often asked people to close this particular gripper more than all my other ones. At my job as an order taker, I would ask customers to attempt to close it. If they succeeded, I would pay for their meal, no matter the cost. Most of the time, they couldn't close it, however I was more than happy to pay when they did. It's always so exciting to see someone close any gripper, especially when they don't train grip. This is the gripper that really made me research so much on grip strength. I learned more in 2 months with this gripper, than I did >half a year before. I also got it it right at the start of my depression. So to distract myself, even if it was just for a little bit, I trained with this one. I really has done a lot for me. I starting taking this one everywhere and having fun, even to open bottles. I put a bit of blue wax at the bottom of the "dog leg" so I knew which handle to hold. Recently I tried spray painting it (twice since the paint came off a bit). For a while it was Gold colored gripper and looked beautiful, almost real. But when the paint started fading, I used blue. Unfortunate it's only one handle and clumpy in some spots. No matter what tho, it's still gonna be important to me and I love it anyways.

16506873865876993702238570508920.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I got an Atom Gripz baby gripper on my key chain that I always have on me.

It is about 1" x 2", aluminum, with knurled handles so it is basically a high quality miniature gripper and cute as hell.

Too bad Atom Gripz grippers are not available anymore.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Benedikt Farsmann said:

I got an Atom Gripz baby gripper on my key chain that I always have on me.

It is about 1" x 2", aluminum, with knurled handles so it is basically a high quality miniature gripper and cute as hell.

Too bad Atom Gripz grippers are not available anymore.

Could you show us? I've never seen that before

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

Could you show us? I've never seen that before

Sure, actually it is 45mm x 55mm.

IMG_1189.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This one is also very rare. A member of gripboard built it for me around 10 years ago, but I can't remember who it was, I am sorry.

Ring & Pinky Trainer / RP Trainer (adjustable IM TUG) , with a filed handle / besides IM #1 in comparison

IMG_1188.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Benedikt Farsmann said:

IMG_1189.JPG

Aw dude I love it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benedikt Farsmann said:

This one is also very rare. A member of gripboard built it for me around 10 years ago, but I can't remember who it was, I am sorry.

Ring & Pinky Trainer / RP Trainer (adjustable IM TUG) , with a filed handle / besides IM #1 in comparison

IMG_1188.JPG

That is one of the coolest things i've ever seen.... looks like its from the trenches of WW1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

THAT IS WAY COOL

• Like 1

grip.thumb.jpg.de4ceed5047a47f3601217e2f80239a1.jpg

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 12

This is a two handed gripper I made a couple years ago. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

This is a two handed gripper I made a couple years ago. 

Hell yeah. It reminds me of a BBQ fork but cooler

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Many grippers I have that I treasure, including my first ever two grippers, my crazy heavy Tetting grippers and my GHP Level 10’s (including my 275# 10) - all the aforementioned are like-new condition. 

But if I had to pick one, just one,  probably my AtomGripz Six-Band, with gun metal finish. Pristine condition. Rated by CPW at 305. It’s built like a tank and doesn’t have a single scratch. Given the large spring, extremely high rating and that the handles are smooth (zero knurling), one would have to have biblical crushing strength to close this gripper.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Many grippers I have that I treasure, including my first ever two grippers, my crazy heavy Tetting grippers and my GHP Level 10’s (including my 275# 10) - all the aforementioned are like-new condition. 

But if I had to pick one, just one,  probably my AtomGripz Six-Band, with gun metal finish. Pristine condition. Rated by CPW at 305. It’s built like a tank and doesn’t have a single scratch. Given the large spring, extremely high rating and that the handles are smooth (zero knurling), one would have to have biblical crushing strength to close this gripper.  

Seems like it would be a great gripper for doing chest crushes. High rating and no knurling to destroy the skin.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, Benedikt Farsmann said:

IMG_1189.JPG

I  must have one.  eBay?

IF you find them let us know

thanks

On 5/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, Benedikt Farsmann said:

IMG_1188.JPG

It was member mlstrass that made the RP Trainers. I still have one as well. 

https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/26542-rp-trainer/#comment-345364

- Aaron

On 5/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Benedikt Farsmann said:

IMG_1189.JPG

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I  must have one.  eBay?

Not Atomgripz but I have been making keychain grippers for many years. Only do it on occasion with very limited runs though as almost no one ever asks anymore.

Couple of examples

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKWT6SaArgX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfeBZ5VDlZ0/

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, acorn said:

Not Atomgripz but I have been making keychain grippers for many years. Only do it on occasion with very limited runs though as almost no one ever asks anymore.

Couple of examples

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKWT6SaArgX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfeBZ5VDlZ0/

Where are you selling them and for how much? 

Just now, LABZSTS said:

Where are you selling them and for how much? 

I used to have a Facebook business page for my fabrication business where I sold stuff as well as on AZ-grip.com my site, before orders dried up from others copying my designs and selling lower quality cheaper items so I closed those down. I've only ever advertised by word of mouth though as its always been a limited time available side business. I still occasionally make items when someone reaches out but that is pretty rare anymore. PM me for pricing, availability, etc. if wanted. I'm not listing pricing here as setting up shop without being a GB sponsor has always been very frowned upon,  etc.

- Aaron

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I  must have one.  eBay?

I had one…it was black handled. A girl I was with put it on her keys and it wasn’t taken back in the break up 🥲

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/22/2022 at 11:17 PM, LABZSTS said:

My second favorite gripper is a COC #1 gripper. It arrived to my house on my birthday, and I've had it ever since. Because it requires an intermediate level of strength to close, I often asked people to close this particular gripper more than all my other ones. At my job as an order taker, I would ask customers to attempt to close it. If they succeeded, I would pay for their meal, no matter the cost. Most of the time, they couldn't close it, however I was more than happy to pay when they did. It's always so exciting to see someone close any gripper, especially when they don't train grip. This is the gripper that really made me research so much on grip strength. I learned more in 2 months with this gripper, than I did >half a year before. I also got it it right at the start of my depression. So to distract myself, even if it was just for a little bit, I trained with this one. I really has done a lot for me. I starting taking this one everywhere and having fun, even to open bottles. I put a bit of blue wax at the bottom of the "dog leg" so I knew which handle to hold. Recently I tried spray painting it (twice since the paint came off a bit). For a while it was Gold colored gripper and looked beautiful, almost real. But when the paint started fading, I used blue. Unfortunate it's only one handle and clumpy in some spots. No matter what tho, it's still gonna be important to me and I love it anyways.

16506873865876993702238570508920.jpg

What percentage of people could close it?

• Like 2

Here is a picture I’m willing to share. I will also add this gripper weighs much more than the rest of my grippers besides my Tetting Hercules. 

Here it is next to a 223 rgc #4. Both rated by CPW.

9C49A2E5-A1D9-4C53-B146-3E3E19C3F44C.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What percentage of people could close it?

Hard to say. But if i asked 50 people in a day, 1 person could do it. Maybe 2. So 2-4%?

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 9:00 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Here is a picture I’m willing to share. I will also add this gripper weighs much more than the rest of my grippers besides my Tetting Hercules. 

Here it is next to a 223 rgc #4. Both rated by CPW.

9C49A2E5-A1D9-4C53-B146-3E3E19C3F44C.jpeg

what a gorgeous piece.. Well both of them are! i'm guessing this atomgripz model is no longer available in the market ? 

• Like 2