Your Most Treasured Gripper

Cannon

Kind of a Valentines thread. Which of your grippers do you love?  ❤ 

Post a pic of your most treasured gripper and say something about it. 

• Like 7

Mine is this old Tetting GM. It rates at 144 and was a huge milestone for me. I had closed my Super Master but not yet any #3.

One bevel has a nick in it because in a moment of poor judgment, I spiked it on the floor after a missed attempt. Not my best day. 

It has a forgiving set and smooth close.  It has always been a favorite. 

20200207_082325.jpg

• Like 10

I have an old school coc #4 which just has the “4” stamp. I haven’t closed it yet but going for it this year 

• Like 7

I really like my RB 300N rated 147, pictured here if I attached it correctly.  Until a few months ago it was the hardest gripper (rating wise) that I could reliably close every time.  I think it worked in my favor because it is narrow, so the set is not as difficult as a COC or GHP (I am a bad setter).  This gripper just feels good to close, and the ease of the close on a given day also gives me a good read on how much of a reach up from that to try for the next one.

gripper.JPG

• Like 7

Here is my GHP 8 rated 161. I like that it is a unique strength & challenging gripper for me but also its the lowest GHP 8, CPW has rated-No, I will never cert ON GHP 8, LOL.

ghp8.jpg.e97f14b6202d086c2aa8752cdbf019c7.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Here is my GHP 8 rated 161. I like that it is a unique strength & challenging gripper for me but also its the lowest GHP 8, CPW has rated-No, I will never cert ON GHP 8, LOL.

Really nice! 

My 163 Super Elite. Not sure if the stamp was a mistake or if it's just because of a high mount, but I haven't heard of a lighter SE. It was the first gripper i closed that was in the 160's and was a huge accomplishment for me at the time.

20200207_124028.jpg

• Like 9

My most prized gripper that I have was the one given to me, brand new COC #3  in the package when I first started grip. It was given to me by my  good friend @Jedd Johnson when he found out I did not have one, after nearly closing a #3  he had within the thickness of a CC the first time I tried grippers .  I told him I was gonna go buy one, and he said “hold on man”... goes into his back room and pulls one out new in the package. That meant a lot to me and that is one I will never sell. This is also my hardest number 3 that I own.

18 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

after nearly closing a #3  he had within the thickness of a CC the first time I tried grippers . 

I was afraid you did it but it was only nearly. 😁

22 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Still waiting for a hero who did no.3 without any prior grip trainning. 🙃 Chez maybe? I like stories.

Nope, Chez didn’t either. 

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Cool, it still is the lightest GHP 8 we've rated out of 140 total. Dang. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chez said:

I have an old school coc #4 which just has the “4” stamp. I haven’t closed it yet but going for it this year 

Very cool!  Let's see a pic 📸

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Cool, it still is the lightest GHP 8 we've rated out of 140 total. Dang. 

Maybe we should send that around with a micrometer to get folks onto the GHP 8  cert list lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This gripper really made me nervous, this Coc 3,5 I closed only once and now I do not touch, so as not to reduce this terrible resistance))

20200207_232111.jpg

• Like 13

Well I'm new on my gripper Journey but i feel this gripper will always be that 1 , being a very lightweight guy , you hope to get a somewhat half normal coc 3 on the first one you buy ,
so that you can actually practice and work your way through it , but as is always my luck i get royally F'ed , 😄
The sweep on this is so bad i cant even get my finger on to it.  I'm sure at some stage i will get somewhere with it,
but for now it will torture my soul and being until the day i die.

Now i have to avoid buying a 3 in case i get another one of these,  owner of my gym and my friend has another one with an 80 mm spread and it's a good bit more difficult than an average 3, and then there's mine that make his feel like a coc 2 in comparison to it.  

Time to go hunting for a ghp7 or something until i find a 3 that i can work on.

The amount of people i've had scoff at my explanation of this gripper , guys who can close 3's all day and some 3.5's and beyond 
then i put it in their hand and you see complete shock in the reality and confirmation of everything i stated.  😨

Really is a great party piece at that! 😝

IMG_4057.JPG

Edited by PronatorKyle
  • Like 3

Off the top of my head, my "rarest", or those that might become slightly rare, are Silvis Monster Hunter 3 and 4 + Frankenstein (since the site is no longer up?), very light CoC 1.5 at 79 RGC, and first batch Grip Genie grippers 4, 5 and 6.

Not necessarily my most treasured grippers, just the ones that start to approach slightly harder to find from what I can tell.

• Like 2

Nothing too special about this one, but it's my fave toy. A generic chinese hand gripper, from which I recycled the handles, putting them together with my own torsion spring.

The torsion spring is made of carbon steel, wire diameter of 7mm, outer diameter of 37mm (therefore having an inner diameter of 23mm), wind direction: right, number of active coils: 2,4 (giving it an opening degree of 36°)

Kinda resembles (and feels like) a "Left turn" COC #2,5 so it's ideal as a bridge between the left turn COC #2 and #3.

IMG_20200210_110038.jpg

IMG_20200210_110016.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, nimar1994 said:

Nothing too special about this one, but it's my fave toy. A generic chinese hand gripper, from which I recycled the handles, putting them together with my own torsion spring.

That's a really good-looking spring!

• Like 1

I have sold all my grippers but this one. I keep it more to be grateful to the contribution of the men whose hands it past thru on the way to mine than for squeezing.B93F0095-8E35-4EFC-B0CD-10373C27ACC4.thumb.jpeg.e167913828236db908250f58188facd0.jpeg

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you and all your “loved ones”. 😆

• Like 10

My Silver Crush set of T, 1, 2, 3 and my reverse wound #1 are my favorites. The Silver Crushes were gifts from great friends and I lucked into the reverse wound #1. 

• Like 2

This is my 2013 grip HG350 pounds, and I just tested RGC176 last year, which is the first grip I bought in my life and there was also an HG200

IMG_20200212_000211.jpg

IMG_20200212_000202.jpg

• Like 4