Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

23 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I think you're right. We should move to disallow his cheater wide grip at the next Illuminati meeting.

Im even more powerful with a narrow grip!! Triceps get to play then!

10 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I thought he already joined a few pages back. He's in for life whether he wants it or not.

Tommy and I summarily kicked him out. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I thought he already joined a few pages back. He's in for life whether he wants it or not.

Word.  Blood in.  Blood out!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Hellyeah! Strong pressing Stephen!

I do my best 😎

8 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Wow, huge PR!

Gracie. With regards to the PR, I actually havent tried reps on 3 plates in the SS since I did the 2 SS reps before. It’s been almost a year since then. Everything was in my old bench and thread, that is now unfortunately gone.. For time reference, it was the same week Andrew Dube posted his 310 bench in his workout log.

Great Bench Session Today. Continuing to get my strength back:

Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups

265 lbs - 10 sets of triples. No problemo. Every rep was smooth. 

Barbell Incline Bench Press

205 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 5x

245 lbs - 5x

Smith Machine Floor Press - Each rep paused at the bottom

265 lbs - 3x

285 lbs - 3x

305 lbs - 2x

Machine Pec Deck Flys

190 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 10x

230  lbs -10x

250 lbs (whole stack) - 10x

Chambered Bar Push Downs

150 lbs (Whole Stack) + 45 lb Plate - 4 sets of 10x

Preacher Curls w/ EZ Curl Bar

75 lbs - 8x

95 lbs - 8x

105 lbs - 8x

115 lbs - 6x

70 lbs - 15x

Feeling Great. More next week. 

• Like 3

Blast from the past:  Elbow sleeve wearin, touch n goin, feet slidin, spit flyin, 45 year old almost dyin, most I ever lifted, which makes me start cryin...  :laugh

BW about 270 .  I was pulling 600 at this time, so I was the absolute strongest I had ever been.  Took me forever and a month to get there.  Tried for 350 several times and failed miserably and then got interested in other things for awhile and never really trained bench seriously again since.  So, I think I'm pretty silly to even be thinking I have a shot at 375 but that's never stopped me before.  Actually looking at how bad my form broke down and I was still able to finish it, I should have stayedat it to 350.  Oh well. 

330 a few days before was much cleaner.  lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Y'all better look out now, cause chit just done went n got real.

20200220_162156.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Hershey kisses and rubbers? Valentine's day is over buddy lol

Not in Casa del Rindo.  It's Valentine's Day everyday when you've got the chiseled physique of a Greek god like I do.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

1424243725_ScreenShot2020-02-20at4_47_13PM.png.0726de7f5fae9a967294c7f4fd0eebd4.png

Wrong imaginary world.  It's a crazy trip in Rindo world man!

hr-pufnstuf.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Blast from the past:  Elbow sleeve wearin, touch n goin, feet slidin, spit flyin, 45 year old almost dyin, most I ever lifted, which makes me start cryin...  :laugh

BW about 270 .  I was pulling 600 at this time, so I was the absolute strongest I had ever been.  Took me forever and a month to get there.  Tried for 350 several times and failed miserably and then got interested in other things for awhile and never really trained bench seriously again since.  So, I think I'm pretty silly to even be thinking I have a shot at 375 but that's never stopped me before.  Actually looking at how bad my form broke down and I was still able to finish it, I should have stayedat it to 350.  Oh well. 

330 a few days before was much cleaner.  lol

That’s a powerful blast from the past! 

Your form looked very... unique. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

That’s a powerful blast from the past! 

Your form looked very... unique. 

To say the least

330 x 1 

This one really aggravated my neck afterwards.  If I'm going to keep trying to kick things up, I'm going to have to adjust my form to flatter-back and feet out to avoid worsening existing neck issues/pain.  But, this is the most I've done raw in a few years I think.  Bodyweight: 209

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

330 x 1 

This one really aggravated my neck afterwards.  If I'm going to keep trying to kick things up, I'm going to have to adjust my form to flatter-back and feet out to avoid worsening existing neck issues/pain.  But, this is the most I've done raw in a few years I think.  Bodyweight: 209

Strong!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

330 x 1 

Nice work, Carl!

We have the same Rogue bench. I love how grippy and solid it feels. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

330 x 1 

Nice bench but you better clean your room or I'm telling your parents.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

330 x 1 

Hellyeah! Strong benching Carl!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

330 x 1 

Very strong Carl!

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, EricMilfeld said:

Nice work, Carl!

We have the same Rogue bench. I love how grippy and solid it feels. 

On 2/21/2020 at 12:23 PM, king crusher said:

Nice bench but you better clean your room or I'm telling your parents.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, WestSlope said:

@Buccos1 great work locking it out after bumping the j-cup! That could have shut things down in a hurry.

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Hellyeah! Strong benching Carl!

17 hours ago, Chez said:

Very strong Carl!

Thanks guys!