Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

14 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was not calling out Tom, only giving him some of the medicine he often times dishes out. Beef is between Tom and I NOBODY else. As far as my grip being average? I know it is hell of lot stronger than IROCZ. 

Fair enough I suppose

My only input is that I don't want this thread shut down because of a dick measuring contest over a forbidden topic.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My only input is that I don't want this thread shut down because of a dick measuring contest over a forbidden topic.  

I thought you posted 2x about having more than enough popcorn? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was not calling out Tom, only giving him some of the medicine he often times dishes out. Beef is between Tom and I NOBODY else. As far as my grip being average? I know it is hell of lot stronger than IROCZ. 

It's not your intention for it to be between you and Tommy or you would have pm'ed him. 

Just now, king crusher said:

It's not your intention for it to be between you and Tommy or you would have pm'ed him. 

I cant PM him 

• Confused 1

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

I cant PM him 

Okay. 

I can say for me I knew when I finally did hit 335 that there was no way 405 was in the cards. That jump is huge, for me anyway. 

But if anyone asked me when I was at 275, hell yeah I'm getting to 405!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I thought you posted 2x about having more than enough popcorn? 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it while it lasts.  I just would hate to see this thread get shut down.  Although, I speak from no moral authority here, as I have certainly been involved in getting threads shut down in the past.  🤣🤷‍♂️

btw, I will never bench 400.  Nor 375. Hell, I'll never see 340 again.  I just used this race as motivation to get back above 3 hundy again before I stroke out or drop dead from an infarction.   And I love seeing people push themselves. Always enjoyable to be part of that, even if you're bringing up the rear.  Good fun and I'm happy to have locked out 3 wheels one last time.  I do want to see someone get it though.

• Like 3

I see where this is trying to go.

lets do a recap of my grip and lifting history. 

Spent 2 years off and on benching with 1 goal in mind. During that 2 years, no notable weight gains, no increase in grip strength (went backwards actually since I’m no longer anywhere near where I’ve been on grippers, etc.) and in almost 2 years, the only strides I made on bench was muscle memory back to 300+. With an estimated 1rm being 335-340. In 2 years. 2 years. 2 years. Also notable are the constant comments I’ve made complaining how long it was taking to see progress on the bench. I’m not waiting 10 years to see peak performance.

For those that are trying to be conspiracy theorists right now, you should have waited and seen what happens from this point forward instead of having a meltdown full of non points less than 1 week after me posting.

Bill, if you don’t mind, I’d like to see a couple others get a taste of the post moderation thing like I have in the past.

• Haha 1

Hey guys just focus on the point of the thread.  The 375 race!  

Uplift and lift heavy. If you want to "call someone out" find a way to reach them off the board. 

🤗

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Hey guys just focus on the point of the thread.  The 375 race!  

Uplift and lift heavy. If you want to "call someone out" find a way to reach them off the board. 

🤗

Matt, 

I apologize for being petty. You have in the past mentioned uplift and lift heavy and I will do that going forward.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Matt, 

I apologize for being petty. You have in the past mentioned uplift and lift heavy and I will do that going forward.

I also apologize for what I said.  I wish I would have kept my mouth shut.  Kluv - I'm sorry for my comments and I wish you the best.

• Thanks 1

Having trouble locating a post where I said 400 would be easy. Also don’t recall ever saying that. If anybody wants to help me out and post a link that would be great. 😊

26 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Perhaps in your first 400 log, although it seems it's been deleted 

i don’t recall ever saying that. In fact, it wouldn’t even make sense to suggest 400 would be easy when that is the goal. If 400 is “easy”, then why was the goal not 450?

it never got said by me. Thats what I’m getting at. It was a lie to even suggest that’s what I said.

what DID get said by me, is- “I intend to hit 400 no matter what. Natty or not.”

My groupies (since they follow me into every thread I post in) can keep standing on the sideline with their mouths open. 

I’m moving forward on the bench. One way or another.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

i don’t recall ever saying that. In fact, it wouldn’t even make sense to suggest 400 would be easy when that is the goal. If 400 is “easy”, then why was the goal not 450?

it never got said by me. Thats what I’m getting at. It was a lie to even suggest that’s what I said.

what DID get said by me, is- “I intend to hit 400 no matter what. Natty or not.”

My groupies (since they follow me into every thread I post in) can keep standing on the sideline with their mouths open. 

I’m moving forward on the bench. One way or another.

Ima hit 4 bills today.  2 hundy for a dub baby!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Ima hit 4 bills today.  2 hundy for a dub baby!

A glass half full guy! I love it!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah, me neither. I don't really care either way though 🤷‍♂️

Besides, so what even if you did imply it was easy, a little bit of arrogance can go a long way. It's for sure a better mindset to have than thinking ones goal is extremely hard or borderline impossible. 

Thanks man. And well said!

11 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah, me neither. I don't really care either way though 🤷‍♂️

Besides, so what even if you did imply it was easy, a little bit of arrogance can go a long way. It's for sure a better mindset to have than thinking ones goal is extremely hard or borderline impossible. 

I've failed at every goal I didn't think I would attain.  And most of the ones I thought I would.  But those few successes keep me coming back like a fat kid who smells cake.

• Haha 2

Anywho, I’m not stingy. This thread is for anyone chasing a goal bench. Setting it at 375 shouldn’t deter anyone. The 375 is just for the bottle of whiskey.

btw, we’ve never set up a method of attaining said bottle for winner.. or anyone to take donations towards a decent bottle. is there anyone willing to handle money towards the whiskey?

if so, speak up so we can donate and agree on a bottle and get it bought. 

Someone having a prize in hand may help speed things up.

no sandbaggers tho!.. if you’re already at or past 375, there is no need to swoop in and take the bottle from someone else who may be working hard towards it.

• Like 1

Just for fun, I’d like to mention that I think either Chez or Eric are gonna straight up win this.

Eric can have a good month and smash this at any time. And if Chez can juke the injuries, he can make big strides quickly.

im thinking any noteworthy prs are still a couple months out for me. At least. Regardless of my current approach. And that’s if I don’t get another bs injury along the way. So this still leaves a big window to win.

• Like 4

Tommy & everyone - I'll pay for the whiskey for whoever wins 100% if it isn't me.  If I win, I don't want anything.  I plan on hitting 375lb.+ on the last week of August. 400lb. will fall by the end of the year for me if I don't get hurt.  You'd be amazed what high volume benching 4+ times a week can do for progress if you're able to recover.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aaron Jacobs said:

Tommy & everyone - I'll pay for the whiskey for whoever wins 100% if it isn't me.  If I win, I don't want anything.  I plan on hitting 375lb.+ on the last week of August. 400lb. will fall by the end of the year for me if I don't get hurt.  You'd be amazed what high volume benching 4+ times a week can do for progress if you're able to recover.  

Whoa! My dude! Send me your program! Love volume and have a feeling I can recover quickly. 😁 so I’m down to give it a try.

On the paying for the bottle if someone else takes the 375 down, that is very generous. But I can’t let myself miss out on chipping in for a nice bottle to the winner. And also wouldn’t feel right about you not getting the prize if you win.

Btw, vote or suggestion on the bottle? 

Y’all know I’m a cheap whiskey guy.. but do want to see a nice bottle go to someone. Something nicer than what I drink. Unfortunately, and admittedly, I don’t know what top shelf or even mid shelf whiskey is.. I’m a long time Jim Beam guy. And do like Gentleman Jack (even though I’m anything but!😜) and Fireball.

any suggestions for the prize other than my low grade stuff?

forgive me if a label of whiskey has already been mentioned or suggested.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Btw, vote or suggestion on the bottle? 

Y’all know I’m a cheap whiskey guy.. but do want to see a nice bottle go to someone. Something nicer than what I drink. Unfortunately, and admittedly, I don’t know what top shelf or even mid shelf whiskey is.. I’m a long time Jim Beam guy. And do like Gentleman Jack (even though I’m anything but!😜) and Fireball.

any suggestions for the prize other than my low grade stuff?

I say we set a price range and let the winner pick. Hell I can’t even drink whiskey so I would pick a vodka or tequila if I won. 

• Like 1