Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great work!

Thanks sir.

Did 130 kg for 1.5 reps today. The first rep felt so easy I thought I would be able to do 2 or maybe even 3 reps. But instead I failed on the second rep XD. Guess I’ve not yet gotten a good sense of what’s too heavy or not.

• Like 3

Tonight’s training: 

Flat Barbell Bench Press 

3 warm ups 

195 lbs - 5x

215 lbs - 5x

235 lbs - 5x

255 lbs - 5x

Incline Barbell Bench Press 

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 3x

Barbell Floor Press - every rep paused

225 lbs - 3x

250 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 2x. Wanted a third but decided against it cause left wrist was acting up

245 lbs - 3x

straight bar tricep press Downs 

70 lb in plates - 4 sets of 20x

- again light cause left elbow has been acting up but more weight than last time. 

Note - happy I increased weight on flat bench and incline. Pec feels great but dam my wrist was hurting on the heavier sets and because of it I couldn’t move up on floor press. Feel like the wrist is getting better but wears down over the workout as time passes and obviously the weight increases so thinking of pausing the weights here and moving the reps up again. More rehab tonight. “This too shall pass”

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Chez said:

Tonight’s training: 

Flat Barbell Bench Press 

3 warm ups 

195 lbs - 5x

215 lbs - 5x

235 lbs - 5x

255 lbs - 5x

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

250 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 2x. Wanted a third but decided against it cause left wrist was acting up

245 lbs - 3x

straight bar tricep press Downs 

70 lb in plates - 4 sets of 20x

- again light cause left elbow has been acting up but more weight than last time. 

Note - happy I increased weight on flat bench and incline. Pec feels great but dam my wrist was hurting on the heavier sets and because of it I couldn’t move up on floor press. Feel like the wrist is getting better but wears down over the workout as time passes and obviously the weight increases so thinking of pausing the weights here and moving the reps up again. More rehab tonight. “This too shall pass”

Hang in there big fella!

• Like 2

E4A6FAC3-48ED-43A9-800D-12DECB664B4A.jpeg

• Like 5

Best bench session since the wrist started acting up:

Flat Barbell Bench

3 warm ups

205 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 5x

245 lbs - 5x

265 lbs - 5x

- 10 lbs heavier than last week every set

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 4x

245 lbs - 3x

same weight but more reps set 1 and 2

Floor Barbell Press - every rep paused

225 lbs - 3x

250 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 3x. Finally got 3rd rep after feeling too much wrist pain last two weeks to even try 

250 lbs - 3x. Just 5 lbs heavier than last week 

Tricep Pushdowns

1 warm up

80 lbs in plates - 4 sets of 20. 10 lbs more than last week 

- overall happy since I went up across the board and lot less wrist pain cause I am really wrapping it heavy right now 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Well done boys.  I haven't had time to touch a weight in the last 2 weeks. 

My pressing today included not one but two annoying things.  One was my fault and one was not.

Setting up for a triple with 250 on incline and due to overhead bright lights the bar looks pitch black and I misjudged my hand placement.  Gym bars have barely any knurling to begin with so it's hard to tell. One hand was about 1.5" outside the knurling and the other was a good 3.5" lol. 

Next, after getting two reps like that, being as it's way awkward and harder, I knew I had more so I added 5lbs and did a triple with 255. That went clean.

Lastly I knew I'd be good for 225x10 incline and coming off the chest on rep 10 the friggin seat slipped a notch and totally killed my drive up. Luckily I stayed under control and racked it low. The 10th rep was in the bag though. You can see and hear it at 41sec roughly. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Well done boys.  I haven't had time to touch a weight in the last 2 weeks. 

I feel you bro. My elbows are so sore from the armwrestling I struggled just to do a couple of pushups the other day. Probably will take a few weeks before I’m back in it myself.

• Like 1

Pretty happy with this set today.

120lb dumbbells for 7 reps on the incline.  208lb morning bw. 

I've hit these for 9 a few years ago but that was at 233lbs. Also had wrist wraps on for that set not that I think that really helps. Maybe a few ounces lol.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, king crusher said:

Pretty happy with this set today.

120lb dumbbells for 7 reps on the incline.  208lb morning bw. 

I've hit these for 9 a few years ago but that was at 233lbs. Also had wrist wraps on for that set not that I think that really helps. Maybe a few ounces lol.

Good stuff man. Gyms aren’t going to be open here for a while so I’m jealous. 

Having a great bench session right now with minimal wrist issues so I’m happy. I’ll post later tonight 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great chest and triceps workout tonight. Wrist continues to get better and absolutely no issue with the pec I strained. 

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups 

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 2x. Most weight since the wrist got bad. I had the 3rd if I wanted it but decided to save it for next week. 

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 5x

245 lbs - 4x. Felt the wrist a little but not bad. 5 reps next week. Saving a little 

225 lbs - 3x

250 lbs - 3x

280 lbs - 2x. Most weight since the wrist acted up. Felt the wrist a little but not horrible. 3x next week. 

250 lbs - 3x

Triceps Push Downs 

80 lbs plate weight - 4 sets of 20x. Left tricep feeling much better since I switched to lighter weight and high reps so I’m going to keep it up. 

- overall happy since the wrist is improving and weight is going up. I continue to rehab and wrap it heavy. Pec is totally healed. I don’t even worry about the pec now. 

• Like 2

had a great DB seated press session last night. Best since the wrist started acting up and honestly the pandemic cause I haven’t had access to Barbell standing press and i messed around with bands for a while until I figured out this DB stacking Method which is even harder with the balancing. PR in reps with the right and even the left with the bad wrist with 100 lbs (double 50 lb DBs stacked) right hand 5 reps And a super clean double left with the bad wrist.  Also a PR on the back off set with 80 lbs each hand (50 + 30 stacked) with 14 right and 12 left. This is after 3 warm ups sets and working sets with 70, 80 and 90 so I’m happy my pressing strength is slowly coming back. Wrist is definitely improving.

Edited by Chez

13 hours ago, Chez said:

had a great DB seated press session last night. Best since the wrist started acting up and honestly the pandemic cause I haven’t had access to Barbell standing press and i messed around with bands for a while until I figured out this DB stacking Method which is even harder with the balancing. PR in reps with the right and even the left with the bad wrist with 100 lbs (double 50 lb DBs stacked) right hand 5 reps And a super clean double left with the bad wrist.  Also a PR on the back off set with 80 lbs each hand (50 + 30 stacked) with 14 right and 12 left. This is after 3 warm ups sets and working sets with 70, 80 and 90 so I’m happy my pressing strength is slowly coming back. Wrist is definitely improving.

You need to find a new gym with bigger dumbbells.  That stacking method with 50's sounds very sketchy.  Can you imagine a 50 falling on your head from lockout!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, king crusher said:

You need to find a new gym with bigger dumbbells.  That stacking method with 50's sounds very sketchy.  Can you imagine a 50 falling on your head from lockout!

I know. It’s dangerous. I have to keep it pretty balanced which makes it a lot harder. And I’m definitely worried every time. I stick my middle finger and index up to hold on to the top DB to keep it in place but still dangerous. It’s the fitness room in my coop. Gyms still aren’t open in ny and aren’t even listed in the next (last) phase. 

3 hours ago, Chez said:

I know. It’s dangerous. I have to keep it pretty balanced which makes it a lot harder. And I’m definitely worried every time. I stick my middle finger and index up to hold on to the top DB to keep it in place but still dangerous. It’s the fitness room in my coop. Gyms still aren’t open in ny and aren’t even listed in the next (last) phase. 

Oh ok that sucks they are not able to open yet. 

59 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Oh ok that sucks they are not able to open yet. 

I just heard on the news the gyms are suing to reopen here 

• Like 1

Hit bench last night and improved again but had to cut the session short cause my stomach was acting up big time (I have a gluten allergy and tried a new place for lunch and they contaminated me)

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups 

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 3x. Got the third rep I didn’t last week and honestly had at least one more but I’ll save it 

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 5x

250 lbs - 3x. Going to start moving the weight of this set up now. This is 5 lbs more than last week.

225 lbs - 3x

250 lbs - 3x

- stomach was acting up bad so I called the session. I’ll make it up on Saturday when i hit shoulders and triceps by throwing in extra work 

- wrist continues to improve but still not 100%

Where did everyone go in this thread lol 

https://tenor.com/wq8o.gif

On 7/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, Chez said:

Where did everyone go in this thread lol 

https://tenor.com/wq8o.gif

Been crazy at work and haven't had a minute.  Only workout I get is some pullups when we take the boy to the park.

Did finally have some time this morning and did a little benchin for the first time in 6 weeks.  Lost some strength for sure, but was able to do 185 for a 5x5 without having to completely grind the 25th rep.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Been crazy at work and haven't had a minute.  Only workout I get is some pullups when we take the boy to the park.

Did finally have some time this morning and did a little benchin for the first time in 6 weeks.  Lost some strength for sure, but was able to do 185 for a 5x5 without having to completely grind the 25th rep.  

Work is killing me also. I have a board report coming up so I am scrambling to get as much done as possible. Working remote with my brand new team has been tough 

• Like 1

Just trashed my elbow again XD. Hurts just trying to straighten it. Might be an additional 3-4 weeks before I can get some work in. Will probably be back down to where I started at that point. Progressing at the bench is no easy task while armwrestling hard.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

Just trashed my elbow again XD. Hurts just trying to straighten it. Might be an additional 3-4 weeks before I can get some work in. Will probably be back down to where I started at that point. Progressing at the bench is no easy task while armwrestling hard.

That sucks dude. I’ve yet to reach my benching from 2011-12 since a couple of years of arm wrestling. 

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Sorry to hear that. It’s one of the reasons I never got into armwrestling. I went to a practice once and couldn’t use my arm for 2 weeks and the risk reward didn’t seem worth it to me