Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

42 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

I haven’t benched in awhile.. but 375 last time i messed with it.. been about 4 months

Looks like Eric is buying you a bottle! 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Looks like Eric is buying you a bottle! 😝

Seriously. If he joins the race, it feels like this lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Chez said:

Seriously. If he joins the race, it feels like this lol

Can’t add anymore reactions for the day, but this is hilarious! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Tommy, sounds like a fun race but my days of going that heavy have been over for years. Last 5 years I have been a maintenance lifter😊 However, I will definitely be interested spectator💪 

Bummer!

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy J. said:

Can’t add anymore reactions for the day, but this is hilarious! 😂

Lol. I love that scene. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

@Stephen Anderson. Seriously, though. Joining a race when you did the goal 4 months ago "Messing around" is boring. If both of us are going to be in this, neither of us wins until we both bench the weight (easy for you, hard for me (I have never came close to that number)) and close a MMS at a certain number (open to suggestions, I'm thinking something in the 205-210 range). Otherwise this is over probably tomorrow once you video a bench. 

Im down!! I need some grippers in between my range. Lets shoot for 210

1 minute ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Im down!! I need some grippers in between my range. Lets shoot for 210

This makes it interesting. you are on sir. I'll even loan you grippers when you are ready for them to attempt. 

• Like 2

Okay, to keep the race on a while, Stephen has to do 405 to win the whiskey. Which is fair. Because Stephen is basically a bull. If you’re already benching 375, then you only need 30 more lbs to win the race. All the rest of us chasing 375 have to go about 40-45lbs to win.

Cash me outside howbow dah?!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Okay, to keep the race on a while, Stephen has to do 405 to win the whiskey. Which is fair. Because Stephen is basically a bull. If you’re already benching 375, then you only need 30 more lbs to win the race. All the rest of us chasing 375 have to go about 40-45lbs to win.

Cash me outside howbow dah?!

Tommy and I whispered behind your back about this, Stephen, and this was our consensus. The idea was to attain a goal we could write home about, as it’s not a done deal that any of us will be successful, especially without a bunch of consistent training. My money is still on you to push up 405 before any of us hits 375. And that’s a good thing, because I do want to see you bench 405!

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Tommy and I whispered behind your back about this, Stephen, and this was our consensus. The idea was to attain a goal we could write home about, as it’s not a done deal that any of us will be successful, especially without a bunch of consistent training. My money is still on you to push up 405 before any of us hits 375. And that’s a good thing, because I do want to see you bench 405!

Sounds good im okay with that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

@Joseph Sullivan you in on this?

Tommy,

my passion for “heavy” lifting is going out the door for feeling good . I’ve gone back to strictly body weight exercise with some grip thrown in here or there. My body feels a lot better as a whole. I spoke about this with Adam Glass a while back and I think I may have mentioned it to you too. I want to go back to around 235-245. Right now it’s about looking good and feeling good. So far it’s working Great. I do weighted chins of all kinds and pushups and  a sorts of core and body weight activity on gymnastics rings with chains and lots of hiking and snow shoeing. I have barely a pain In My body anymore. So, thanks for thinking of me, but I am a heavy lifter no more. Just call me “Pretty Boy Roy”.... Or LL COOL JOE...🤣 F318587B-11B4-47DE-99E7-F0E5BABD1007.png

Don’t want to be known as “Fat Joe”.... anything over 255 for me is on that verge..

Edited by Guest

375 is not gonna happen for me bud. The most I've ever hit is 340 and now I'm at about 320ish although I usually dont go lower than triples.  My reach is 79.5" which is no good for big benches when you are only 203lbs haha. I'll watch the thread though.  Also being on the wrong side of 40 doesnt help things.

Thanks though for the vote of confidence 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Welp... after 4 months of not benching. And being in a caloric deficit for the past 45 days. As well as being down 20 lbs. and after all my excuses... i put up 350 very easy! Jumped to 365 got it with some struggle. And imploded with 375.. this was after a 20 min run on zero calories thus far!!! I feel like a p*ssy!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Welp... after 4 months of not benching. And being in a caloric deficit for the past 45 days. As well as being down 20 lbs. and after all my excuses... i put up 350 very easy! Jumped to 365 got it with some struggle. And imploded with 375.. this was after a 20 min run on zero calories thus far!!! I feel like a p*ssy!

Pathetic. I take back all the glowing things I said about you. 😐😂

Thats actually damn impressive!

• Haha 2

2015 was my last bench only meet-APA. I managed 331 lbs with close grip. However, my TNG at the time was 355. I know Eric is aware of this but paused with judges on all angles and no elbow sleeves allowed will drop your bench 20 lbs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EricMilfeld said:

Pathetic. I take back all the glowing things I said about you. 😐😂

Thats actually damn impressive!

If i lived back in Texas we would be getting very STRONG!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

2015 was my last bench only meet-APA. I managed 331 lbs with close grip. However, my TNG at the time was 355. I know Eric is aware of this but paused with judges on all angles and no elbow sleeves allowed will drop your bench 20 lbs.

Today i had no elbow sleeves or wrist wraps... about as raw as i could get without being naked!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

I'll play along. I will be the tortoise for sure as I have to pull back or stop benching when my joints protest. If I do approach 375 and decide to compete, I could wind up second on the USAPL masters 2b, 205lb list. I'm not sure how old you are, Eric, but you could be near the top of that list as well.

At only 205 that would be a monster bench! You totally should compete. 

So this is pretty funny. I just looked up where I sit on the all-time rankings for USAPL M2, 105 class:

Squat-8th

Deadlift-4th

Total—5th (technically 6th, but the guy in 5th popped for steroids🤬)

..,and bench... 88th! 😱😂

but even if I jumped to the 120 class I’m sure a 375 bench would rank me WAY better.

Edit: just looked that up - 34th  

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Today i had no elbow sleeves or wrist wraps... about as raw as i could get without being naked!! 

Yeah buddy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Yep. Always 15-20 pounds for me. I just missed 341 at my last meet. So with an increase in calories and if I sleep on my bench at night 375 just might maybe could happen. 

Mike, I think you can do this. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

If i lived back in Texas we would be getting very STRONG!!! 

Indeed!

Btw, at age 52 I finally started benching in wrist wraps. Now I’m addicted. Not that they allow me to lift more, but with my wide grip my wrists are really happy now. 

• Like 2