Jump to content
Tommy J.

Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!

Recommended Posts

liftyzig
12 hours ago, king crusher said:

It took me awhile to realize I had to warm up before working out now days. Of course there was basically no warming up and no problem in my teens and 20's and even early 30's.

Same here, now 40 years old & I start with an empty bar.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
15 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

Same here, now 40 years old & I start with an empty bar.

52.  20 x 2 with empty bar and a set of 10 with 95 before I even look at the 45s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

52.  20 x 2 with empty bar and a set of 10 with 95 before I even look at the 45s.

I usually just do a set of 12 with the empty bar then go to the 25s, but it might not be a bad idea to give it more reps like you are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher

I do what they do at westside.  Weld a pair of 100's to the bar. If you cant start with 245 you cant lift there lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
On 4/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, Chez said:

Argh. Had to stop benching tonight guys. I felt a pull near my armpit again. The same as last time so I decided to be smart and call the session and ice and see how it feels next week. 

The ol’ three steps forward one back dance. Heal up quick, Chez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Very nice work!

Thank you, sir!

19 hours ago, king crusher said:

I was gonna say serious old man strength but it's just plain straight up strength! 

Haha, thanks, man! It’s slowly coming back to where I was as a wee lad of 51. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

Feeling much better guys. Been icing as much as I can. Just got back from farmers walks. Going to ice again and do some DBs for high reps flat and incline on top of shoulder and triceps work tonight. Ease back into it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Feeling much better guys. Been icing as much as I can. Just got back from farmers walks. Going to ice again and do some DBs for high reps flat and incline on top of shoulder and triceps work tonight. Ease back into it 

Great news!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great news!

Thanks Mike. I also made sure to drink water and stretch and warmup. Turning over a new leaf and spending more time preparing. I have goals to conquer! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

90EEF102-96E7-4ECE-AF55-4C2DEAFEE871.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher

I predict when I finally get under a barbell I will be an animal up to 200lbs for reps doing all these reps with 90lb dbs but will hit a wall for the heavier stuff up near 300 due to not touching it for  couple months now.

Today flat db bench 

90'sx10x9 sets last rep of each set long pause and 90x20 10th set! Had lots in the tank going into that tenth set.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511
11 hours ago, king crusher said:

I predict when I finally get under a barbell I will be an animal up to 200lbs for reps doing all these reps with 90lb dbs but will hit a wall for the heavier stuff up near 300 due to not touching it for  couple months now.

Today flat db bench 

90'sx10x9 sets last rep of each set long pause and 90x20 10th set! Had lots in the tank going into that tenth set.

 

 90# DBs for 20 ain't no joke - especially for a 10th set!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
1 hour ago, climber511 said:

 90# DBs for 20 ain't no joke - especially for a 10th set!

for real, thats some good cardio!

 

I'm still stuck doing floor presses with 52.5lb bowflex adjustable dumbbells, 2 sets of 30 reps yesterday (after working my way up to that weight in 5lb increments, 20 reps each set)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
1 hour ago, climber511 said:

 90# DBs for 20 ain't no joke - especially for a 10th set!

Yeah the last time I went all out in reps I hit 27 reps fresh with the 90's. So to hit it for 20 after doing 9 sets of 10 I am happy with that for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
36 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

for real, thats some good cardio!

 

I'm still stuck doing floor presses with 52.5lb bowflex adjustable dumbbells, 2 sets of 30 reps yesterday (after working my way up to that weight in 5lb increments, 20 reps each set)

You might be better off doing pushups.  Do you have any bands?  With the right band combo, you can make a pushup feel like 300 +.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
13 hours ago, king crusher said:

I predict when I finally get under a barbell I will be an animal up to 200lbs for reps doing all these reps with 90lb dbs but will hit a wall for the heavier stuff up near 300 due to not touching it for  couple months now.

Today flat db bench 

90'sx10x9 sets last rep of each set long pause and 90x20 10th set! Had lots in the tank going into that tenth set.

 

Steerong sir

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You might be better off doing pushups.  Do you have any bands?  With the right band combo, you can make a pushup feel like 300 +.

 

The only band i have is a red, light weight one.  I will probably transition to push-ups once I get warmed up and finish the dumbbell sets.

 

I can also get my 5 year old to jump on my back for a few extra pounds. he's always up for that

Edited by liftyzig
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
3 hours ago, liftyzig said:

The only band i have is a red, light weight one.  I will probably transition to push-ups once I get warmed up and finish the dumbbell sets.

 

I can also get my 5 year old to jump on my back for a few extra pounds. he's always up for that

I used to have my wife put a 40 lb bag of wood pellets on my back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I used to have my wife put a 40 lb bag of wood pellets on my back.

That would do it too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

225 x 13.9 again.  2 hours sleep in last 36 hours due to work, so I'll take anything that isn't a regression.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

225 x 13.9 again.  2 hours sleep in last 36 hours due to work, so I'll take anything that isn't a regression.   

Great work for such a small amount of sleep, get some rest man!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Just now, liftyzig said:

Great work for such a small amount of sleep, get some rest man!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

Great work for such a small amount of sleep, get some rest man!

Yeah, very impressive.  So hard to stay focused and go 100% when you're that tired.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yeah, very impressive.  So hard to stay focused and go 100% when you're that tired.

Late in my shift today, I told one of our Corporate Sales Managers that he was an incompetent buffoon that embarrassed himself and the company every time he opened his mouth.  Just so he didn't misunderstand me, I then proceeded to tell him that he was the absolute worst salesperson I have seen in 30 years of business and that I wasn't sure who he blew to keep his job, because I wouldn't hire him to twirl a sign on the side of the road.

Long hours may not be a problem soon.  Probably should have had a snickers and took a nap.  🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

Did a light session tonight guys of 4x10 paused bench upping the weight 10 lbs a set then slightly heavier 3x10 pauses incline bench followed by 3x5, 1x10 paused floor presses and then 4 sets of 10 triceps pressdowns. First Rehab bench workout. Felt good. No issue with the pec. Doing to another super light dB session Saturday with 20 rep sets. Going to increase the weight for the sets 10 lbs next week. Just finished icing. Feeling good but taking it slow 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.