Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Let us know how they compare for you.

I was doing some sets of floor presses paused so like Mike said,  your triceps are resting on the floor. Works good

I principal it should be similar; I’ll be resting the bar momentarily on the pins. I mainly just like the idea of laying on my bench. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

I principal it should be similar; I’ll be resting the bar momentarily on the pins. I mainly just like the idea of laying on my bench. 

Same here dude. Getting down and up from the floor is a superset. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

If I could figure out how to bench from my recliner, I would.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If I could figure out how to bench from my recliner, I would.

Should be able to incline bench in it! Do it! 

• Haha 1

Got slightly out of the groove on 14 and just couldn't finish.  13 is two from my all-time max.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got slightly out of the groove on 14 and just couldn't finish.  13 is two from my all-time max.

So close but so far when you realize it has to come down on the safety bars lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, king crusher said:

So close but so far when you realize it has to come down on the safety bars lol

I was like, crap I'm a quarter inch away from locking it out.  But my arms stopped working correctly right there.  I was slightly out of the groove, so hopefully I can get it next time I try.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I was like, crap I'm a quarter inch away from locking it out.  But my arms stopped working correctly right there.  I was slightly out of the groove, so hopefully I can get it next time I try.

I've used body English to get it that last inch and sometimes it works and sometimes you tweak a muscle.  As we age its usually the latter so it's best to drop it to the pins. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Every time.  Every single time I attempt crazy hight reps and I fail it's the last 1/16".  Lol.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

NIce. Good stuff Mike. Ya, I love that last rep of my AMRAP set where my arms are just done and no matter what they just aren't locking out. Of course my buddy is yelling at me and calling me a wuss cause it won't lock out haha. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Every time.  Every single time I attempt crazy hight reps and I fail it's the last 1/16".  Lol.

Yea, it's a totally different place than if I fail on a max attempt. 

• Like 1

Bench

70x5

70x7

90x5

90x7

106.5x19

• Like 4

Chest and triceps tonight. I will try and get some video of the working sets. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Chez said:

Chest and triceps tonight. I will try and get some video of the working sets. 

Hup Hup!

315 for a double today.

300 x 2 for me and my son did 15 x 2 for his first ever bench press. 😊

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

Cool that you got the little one to join in, mine always grab the 5lb dumbbells and put them over their heads "I'm strong too daddy!"

Edited by liftyzig
i'm dumb.
  • Like 2

I'd love to join in, 'cept I don't have a bench, and I've been nursing tendonitis in my elbows and shoulder injury for quite a few months.  I ended up getting a cortisone shot in my shoulder and that allowed me to bench over 135 without pain again so that was nice.  Max was 330 back last JULY holy (bad word filter) it's been a long time since I benched heavy!

• Like 1

Argh. Had to stop benching tonight guys. I felt a pull near my armpit again. The same as last time so I decided to be smart and call the session and ice and see how it feels next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

58 minutes ago, Chez said:

Argh. Had to stop benching tonight guys. I felt a pull near my armpit again. The same as last time so I decided to be smart and call the session and ice and see how it feels next week. 

Dang man.  Heal quick

Edited by Mike Rinderle

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Dang msn.  Heal quick

Ya. And the stupid thing is I was feeling great tonight and I think I went to explosive on one rep and my elbow came out. I don’t think it’s serious but I am deciding to play it smart 

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ya. And the stupid thing is I was feeling great tonight and I think I went to explosive on one rep and my elbow came out. I don’t think it’s serious but I am deciding to play it smart 

How much warming up do you do? We have all gotten a little overzealous at times. 

10 minutes ago, king crusher said:

How much warming up do you do? We have all gotten a little overzealous at times. 

Ya. I didn’t. I need to start warming up more and I rush through my sets cause my friend is waiting for me and today was crazy working and I drank a ton of coffee without water so dehydrated. Need to prepare better from now on 

A355575A-C607-4E28-9AE8-C3F5271DFDFF.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

A355575A-C607-4E28-9AE8-C3F5271DFDFF.jpeg

Very nice work!

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:31 PM, Chez said:

Ya. I didn’t. I need to start warming up more and I rush through my sets cause my friend is waiting for me and today was crazy working and I drank a ton of coffee without water so dehydrated. Need to prepare better from now on 

It took me awhile to realize I had to warm up before working out now days. Of course there was basically no warming up and no problem in my teens and 20's and even early 30's.