Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

67DF8A93-D173-47B9-BE88-C9DD621C3193.jpeg

Do you ever do floor presses? I tried them for the first time the other day and they hit my triceps big time. 

Of course I only have dbs but I'm sure a similar feeling would be had on a barbell too.

Edited by king crusher

24 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Do you ever do floor presses? I tried them for the first time the other day and they hit my triceps big time. 

Of course I only have dbs but I'm sure a similar feeling would be had on a barbell too.

I performed floor presses out of necessity in 1982. I had just started lifting and only had a standard barbell with plastic-encased concrete plates.  Was doing 80 pound floor presses after my Grandfather deadlifted the weight and handed it to me.  But lately I have been wanting to try them again for the fun of it, and possibly as a legit assistance movement.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

I performed floor presses out of necessity in 1982. I had just started lifting and only had a standard barbell with plastic-encased concrete plates.  Was doing 80 pound floor presses after my Grandfather deadlifted the weight and handed it to me.  But lately I have been wanting to try them again for the fun of it, and possibly as a legit assistance movement.

My grandpa was always too liquored up so I had my grandma spot me while using the gray plastic concrete plates.  Too funny!

• Haha 1

As part of the My Corona Virtual PL meet today I did a controlled 300 with a lil pause.  Guessing I could have gotten 5 or 10 more TnG.  Back to reps.  

• Like 4

I hit Chest and Tris Wednesday but I had a bad session. Still got the max weights programmed but everything felt heavy. off day. I will try to rebound this week. 

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

I hit Chest and Tris Wednesday but I had a bad session. Still got the max weights programmed but everything felt heavy. off day. I will try to rebound this week. 

We all have em.  Usually means a string wave is about to start soon.

22 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

We all have em.  Usually means a string wave is about to start soon.

Thanks. I am hoping part of the reason was I trained a little late Tuesday night and I normally rest Monday and Tuesday

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

As part of the My Corona Virtual PL meet today I did a controlled 300 with a lil pause.  Guessing I could have gotten 5 or 10 more TnG.  Back to reps.  

You can bench 300 for "5 to 10" reps?

Hitting ten should put you at 375ish

12 minutes ago, king crusher said:

You can bench 300 for "5 to 10" reps?

Hitting ten should put you at 375ish

No, sorry.  5-10 lbs more.

11 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I was gonna say damnnnn. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I read it that way also and I am like “mike is hustling us” and slow playing it to make it look like he’s really coMing back from injury 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

I read it that way also and I am like “mike is hustling us” and slow playing it to make it look like he’s really coMing back from injury 

Nope.  Believe me when I say you've got nothing to worry about.  I'm a good year or never away from 375.  Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nope.  Believe me when I say you've got nothing to worry about.  I'm a good year or never away from 375.  Lol

Honestly though, when I hit 365-ish I'm buying myself that bottle of whiskey.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, EricMilfeld said:

Honestly though, when I hit 365-ish I'm buying myself that bottle of whiskey.

If I ever get to 350, I'm checking into a hotel and staying drunk for a week.

• Haha 4

I’m buying a shitload of wine cause I’m Italian and have celiac disease 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If I ever get to 350, I'm checking into a hotel and staying drunk for a week.

If I hit 375 I'm running into Walmart and yelling "come at me corona" and licking all the pin pads for credit cards.

• Haha 3

161054C0-A263-4FEE-B7AD-885DEEF4B688.jpeg

• Like 6

So... um... er... this just happened.  2xl knee sleves on elbows.  25 lbs from my all time best.  I think it's been 7 years since I last benched 3 wheels.  Another ounce would not have gone.  Lol

Honestly I was completely shocked.  Was going to do reps today, but felt really strong so I went for it.  Unracked 365 to fire cns, stripped the 25s and let her rip.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

So... um... er... this just happened.  2xl knee sleves on elbows.  25 lbs from my all time best.  I think it's been 7 years since I last benched 3 wheels.  Another ounce would not have gone.  Lol

Honestly I was completely shocked.  Was going to do reps today, but felt really strong so I went for it.  Unracked 365 to fire cns, stripped the 25s and let her rip.

Wow. Great work. Crazy fast progress 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chez said:

He told me that his secret is breast milk. He pays the neighbor lady 5bucks a glass for that heavenly white delight.

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

He told me that his secret is breast milk. He pays the neighbor lady 5bucks a glass for that heavenly white delight.

Mike only drinks the finest breast milks 

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 1

Hitting bench tonight guys. The plan is 255 for 4 sets of 5 then a single at 300 and amrap at 215. I’ll report how it goes 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Totally wrong.  I never pay for my titty juice.  They line up to bring Big Poppa Pump their finest cream fo free!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Thanks man.  This one shocked me.  🖖

2 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Good stuff Rindo!

Thanks buddy!

• Like 1