Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks man.  Being home so much, I'm eating my way to a PR.  Afraid to step on the scale.  Pretty sure I put 20 of the 35 I lost back on.

That reminds me, I’ve got leftover pizza. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

3 from my all time PR

Great stuff Mike, coming back fast

• Thanks 1

3 from my all time PR

Really strong pressing!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  The COVID-20lbs I've put on have helped.  Lol

• Like 1

36E7F160-AA56-45C2-BCA2-0AA428351E52.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Very impressive.  What are your stats Eric? Weight/height/age

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, king crusher said:

He's a smaller, stronger version of me.  Same age, slightly better looking.  One of the country's best masters lifters:

Screenshot_20200412-143308_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

and here I was happy with my 225 x 12.  Badass!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Thank you!

My Spokesman normally addresses all questions. 😂

But yeah, I’m Mini Mike. Current bodyweight 235. I ballooned up to 247 last year to squat 563. Best lifts relative to body weight were done when I was 21: in the 181 class I benched 314 and deadlifted 617. Only drugs I’ve ever used are alcohol, caffeine, and psychedelic mushrooms. ✌️

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

and here I was happy with my 225 x 12.  Badass!

The choice to do a set of 12 was only because that was the PR I had the best chance of breaking. I did feel a little self conscious about posting it right after your own bad ass set of 12. But you’ll be improving a lot more on your set than I will on mine!!

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Thank you!

My Spokesman normally addresses all questions. 😂

But yeah, I’m Mini Mike. Current bodyweight 235. I ballooned up to 247 last year to squat 563. Best lifts relative to body weight were done when I was 21: in the 181 class I benched 314 and deadlifted 617. Only drugs I’ve ever used are alcohol, caffeine, and psychedelic mushrooms. ✌️

That is awesome! How tall?

Lol at spokesman 

I tried mushrooms once a couple decades ago.....it wasn't good for me, it was the only time. Yikes.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

wow. Very strong Eric!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, king crusher said:

That is awesome! How tall?

Lol at spokesman 

I tried mushrooms once a couple decades ago.....it wasn't good for me, it was the only time. Yikes.

I’m 6’ even. All legs. Only way for me to squat well is to eat big. 

Bummer about your bad trip. 🙁

And thank you!

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

wow. Very strong Eric!

Thank you, Chez!

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

The choice to do a set of 12 was only because that was the PR I had the best chance of breaking. I did feel a little self conscious about posting it right after your own bad ass set of 12. But you’ll be improving a lot more on your set than I will on mine!!

Never ever feel bad about something like that.   Especially with me.  I literally have no feelings to hurt.  That was an awesome set brother! 

• Like 1

Never ever feel bad about something like that.   Especially with me.  I literally have no feelings to hurt.  That was an awesome set brother! 

I appreciate that.  Truth be told, it put me in a dandy mood for the rest of today.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I appreciate that.  Truth be told, it put me in a dandy mood for the rest of today.

Plus, I did my set with knee sleeves on my elbows.  I probably couldn't bench 135 without them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Plus, I did my set with knee sleeves on my elbows.  I probably couldn't bench 135 without them.

I appreciate you being upfront about that.  Takes a big man.

Funny side note - I tried Tommy's Slingshot and discovered it made me weaker...  probably a learning curve thing, in part.  But I suspect guys that flair out their elbows like me may not get as much out of those gizmos.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Funny side note - I tried Tommy's Slingshot and discovered it made me weaker...  probably a learning curve thing, in part.  But I suspect guys that flair out their elbows like me may not get as much out of those gizmos.

At least I didn't wear wrist wraps.  Those will add 150 lbs to your bench.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Definitely a learning curve.  Once I've used my red one a few times, I get about a 10-15% bump at most.  The black one let's me overload 20-25%, but it takes several sessions for me to find a groove with it.  There's one out there now, I think it's called the Kraken, that supposedly gives you as much or more as the strongest bench shirts out there.  Like 50 - 70% more than raw.  If you go on their website, in the reviews everyone's benching in the 500s.  Lol

• Like 1

Found it.  The bench daddy black.  The reviews are almost humorous.   I'm benching 625 now.  Couldn't get 400 to touch my chest.  Etc etc...

https://benchdaddy.com/products/bench-daddy-double-ply-radical-black-stiffest-500-series-sbbd-500

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Found it.  The bench daddy black.  The reviews are almost humorous.   I'm benching 625 now.  Couldn't get 400 to touch my chest.  Etc etc...

https://benchdaddy.com/products/bench-daddy-double-ply-radical-black-stiffest-500-series-sbbd-500

I really need to get with it! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I really need to get with it! 

Lol.  Seems a little nuts to me.  Overloading works wonders, but doubling the amount you can lift just seems... dangerous to me.  Lol

• Like 2

Lol.  Seems a little nuts to me.  Overloading works wonders, but doubling the amount you can lift just seems... dangerous to me.  Lol

I like what Rex said; +/- 15-20% being the only useful secondary movement range. If you’re doing something higher or lower than that the carryover is minimal to your core lift. 

• Like 2

67DF8A93-D173-47B9-BE88-C9DD621C3193.jpeg

• Like 4