Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

My brother from another mother and I were just tossing some short term lift goals back and forth. After bouncing some numbers back and forth, we decided that a 375 T&G raw bench would be the first one we race to! Obviously there are more long term lift goals still in our sights. But this one seems appropriate for the months to come to keep us both motivated, AND working. And making a thread for it just happened!

You guys are welcome to join us! And so to keep the thread lively, I intend to only post vids of max attempts here. If you guys post in a workout log, no need to post workouts here. Max lifts only! This thread will go as long as it needs to with max attempts until Eric and I both hit 375. And again, you are welcome to join us! Also, feel free to talk smack or motivate! We ain’t thin skinned!

Eric, it’s on ninja!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will be posting my bench workouts here, in addition to my regular powerlifting log. Winner gets a decent quality bottle of whiskey paid for by the other racers. That was an executive decision I just decreed on the spot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I will be posting my bench workouts here, in addition to my regular powerlifting log. Winner gets a decent quality bottle of whiskey paid for by the other racers. That was an executive decision I just decreed on the spot. 

Gay

11 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Not gay!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Id like to join in and will also throw a bottle in to the winner!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Id like to join in and will also throw a bottle in to the winner!

Aren’t you already benchin’ like 550?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

I hope you realize Tommy thinks white label Jim Beam is fit for royalty!  ;)

• Haha 2

Rehabbing from a pec strain but it’s coming back fast so I’m in 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I hope you realize Tommy thinks white label Jim Beam is fit for royalty!  ;)

If he’s gonna play it like that I’ll be breaking out my styrofoam plates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Rehabbing from a pec strain but it’s coming back fast so I’m in 

Yes! Glad to have ya, Chez!

If it gives you hope I’ve been benching with a significant portion of my left pec missing since 1999. Took me a year to do 135 again without pain. Doctor totally malpracticed me. 

3 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yes! Glad to have ya, Chez!

If it gives you hope I’ve been benching with a significant portion of my left pec missing since 1999. Took me a year to do 135 again without pain. Doctor totally malpracticed me. 

Thanks Eric. This will be good motivation for me. I want to be my all time strongest this year as I attack the mm8. Just had my best bench session Wednesday but still ramping up as I recover from the strain. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Thanks Eric. This will be good motivation for me. I want to be my all time strongest this year as I attack the mm8. Just had my best bench session Wednesday but still ramping up as I recover from the strain. 

That’s exciting to hear! 

And let’s add to that: may we all stay injury-free!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Aren’t you already benchin’ like 550?

Hahahaha

What is everyone’s current BW and max?  I might be interested in something like this ... was just thinking not too long ago to go up closer to 220 and do a raw bench-only meet this summer.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

What is everyone’s current BW and max?  I might be interested in something like this ... was just thinking not too long ago to go up closer to 220 and do a raw bench-only meet this summer.

I’ll make it easy on you, Carl, and decide for you. You’re doing it. 

I’m 233 pounds. My bench is 330, but that’s misleading. I just got over two months of colds and I lost 12 pounds bodyweight pretty quick. So I’m hoping to be back to 350 real quick. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 1

Weight: not sure but a lot more than you guys 😄. I am somewhere between 290-300. I was 298 this summer at a physcial first thing the morning without shoes and without eating anything then I got cellulitis and lost some weight from being sick. Weight is probably back now. Safe to say I got no chance of winning this based on a wilkes or allometric formula lol. 

Max - Max was 330 and I was ready to go past that as I killing it in the gym but then the Cellulitis hit and I even had to stay in the emergency room for 2 days. 3 weeks of antibiotics both oral and IV, then when I was coming back from that I got a pec strain that I am now recovering from 😧

So i really need to get back on track and this thread will help me. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

I’m in. lol  Been hovering around 210 the past few months.  Max raw bench is probably 320 right now touch-and-go.  Best-ever raw was 350 at low 190s maybe 5-6 years ago.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chez said:

Weight: not sure but a lot more than you guys 😄. I am somewhere between 290-300. I was 298 this summer at a physcial first thing the morning without shoes and without eating anything then I got cellulitis and lost some weight from being sick. Weight is probably back now. Safe to say I got no chance of winning this based on a wilkes or allometric formula lol. 

Max - Max was 330 and I was ready to go past that as I killing it in the gym but then the Cellulitis hit and I even had to stay in the emergency room for 2 days. 3 weeks of antibiotics both oral and IV, then when I was coming back from that I got a pec strain that I am now recovering from 😧

So i really need to get back on track and this thread will help me. 

Can’t feel sorry for myself anymore. Yes, this will be good medicine for all of us. 

24 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

I’m in. lol  Been hovering around 210 the past few months.  Max raw bench is probably 320 right now touch-and-go.  Best-ever raw was 350 at low 190s maybe 5-6 years ago.

Big bench for the low 190s!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Bw 230 T&G max 325-330.

and Hellyeah! This thread could get interesting! No way to even make a gamble on who could win since we are mostly close right now on T&G max. @WestSlope @Kluv#0 Should jump in this as well!

right now I think Stephen is closer than all of us? Where are you at on T&G max Stephen?

• Like 5

Tommy, sounds like a fun race but my days of going that heavy have been over for years. Last 5 years I have been a maintenance lifter😊 However, I will definitely be interested spectator💪 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Bw 230 T&G max 325-330.

and Hellyeah! This thread could get interesting! No way to even make a gamble on who could win since we are mostly close right now on T&G max. @WestSlope @Kluv#0 Should jump in this as well!

right now I think Stephen is closer than all of us? Where are you at on T&G max Stephen?

I haven’t benched in awhile.. but 375 last time i messed with it.. been about 4 months

7 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

I haven’t benched in awhile.. but 375 last time i messed with it.. been about 4 months

Sounds like this will be a quick race lol. 

How about a max mms gripper race 😜. I’ll throw in a extra bottle for that....haha 

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Sounds like this will be a quick race lol. 

How about a max mms gripper race 😜. I’ll throw in a extra bottle for that....haha 

I dont have anything between 180-210. But id take that race

8 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

I dont have anything between 180-210. But id take that race

oh. You are so on. That way we draw even. And since tommy mentioned trash talk. 

Edited by Chez

@Stephen Anderson. Seriously, though. Joining a race when you did the goal 4 months ago "Messing around" is boring. If both of us are going to be in this, neither of us wins until we both bench the weight (easy for you, hard for me (I have never came close to that number)) and close a MMS at a certain number (open to suggestions, I'm thinking something in the 205-210 range). Otherwise this is over probably tomorrow once you video a bench. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2