Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

2 hours ago, Chez said:

I wish Tommy I’m in NY and live in an apartment so right now I am at the mercy of the gym 

Not to brow beat you, but the one and only time I lived in an apartment, my living room WAS my gym. Literally no other furniture was in the entire apartment other than my bed, nightstand, and tv stand in the bedroom.

i even had to stand in the kitchen when I ate at home. No table.

was young then... so the only time I was home I was either eating, sleeping, showering, lifting, or out at the pool chasing women. You know how it is at that age. 😉

3 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Not to brow beat you, but the one and only time I lived in an apartment, my living room WAS my gym. Literally no other furniture was in the entire apartment other than my bed, nightstand, and tv stand in the bedroom.

i even had to stand in the kitchen when I ate at home. No table.

was young then... so the only time I was home I was either eating, sleeping, showering, lifting, or out at the pool chasing women. You know how it is at that age. 😉

Sounds awesome but I just ended an engagement but before then I didn’t have the room in my one bedroom cause she had a ton of stuff and now you can’t even buy equipment 

Edited by Chez

Great session tonight:

started with bench at the gym and then incline and floor press at my buddy’s:

Bench Press

3 warm ups 

225 - 3x

255 - 2x

275 - 2x

295 - 2x. Most since the wrist got bad and I had at least 1 more rep in the tank

225 - 10x. Just for some volume

Incline Bench 

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

260 lbs - 2x. Buddy plates weigh heavy and his set up is hard so this is harder than at the gym

Floor Press all reps paused

225 lbs - 3x

255 lbs - 2x 

290 lbs - 1x

• Like 2

Bench:

245 x 1
235 x 2
225 x 3
215 x 3
205 x 4
195 x 5
185 x 6
175 x 6

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Bench:

245 x 1
235 x 2
225 x 3
215 x 3
205 x 4
195 x 5
185 x 6
175 x 6

Good stuff mike. 

37 minutes ago, Chez said:

Good stuff mike. 

Thanks Chez.  Just getting my weekly work in to try to not lose much more.  6 weeks off with work killed me.  My max probably isn't much more than 250.  Which happens to be my weight.  Working 16 hour days and not eating is an easy way to drop 20 lbs.  Lol

Great shoulder and tricep session at the gym so I had heavy Dumbbells and didn’t need to stack two.

Seated One Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press

3 warm ups 

75 lb DB - 3x each side

85 lb DB - 3x each side 

95 lb DB - 3x each side 

105 lb DB - 5x right side/100 DB - 3x left

90 lb DB - 10x right, 9 left 

note - forgot my wrist wraps at home so I was being extra cautious with the left and the bad wrist. At least I had athletic tape 

Seated One Arm Machine Triceps Extensions 

110 lbs - 4 sets of 12x each arm 

Machine Rear Laterals 

135 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

165 lbs - 2 sets of 10x

Machine Crunches 

120 lbs - 20x

150 lbs - 2 sets of 20x

Seated DB Laterals 

25 lb DBS - 3 sets of 10x

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chez said:

Great shoulder and tricep session at the gym so I had heavy Dumbbells and didn’t need to stack two.

Seated One Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press

3 warm ups 

75 lb DB - 3x each side

85 lb DB - 3x each side 

95 lb DB - 3x each side 

105 lb DB - 5x right side/100 DB - 3x left

90 lb DB - 10x right, 9 left 

note - forgot my wrist wraps at home so I was being extra cautious with the left and the bad wrist. At least I had athletic tape 

Seated One Arm Machine Triceps Extensions 

110 lbs - 4 sets of 12x each arm 

Machine Rear Laterals 

135 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

165 lbs - 2 sets of 10x

Machine Crunches 

120 lbs - 20x

150 lbs - 2 sets of 20x

Seated DB Laterals 

25 lb DBS - 3 sets of 10x

Lot's of really good work buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Lot's of really good work buddy.

Thanks bud. also went straight from the gym to sled pulls/drags at my friends house so now I am totally exhausted. 

Bench is tomorrow for me guys and I’m excited cause I plan to attempt 300-305 for a double last working set. Still far behind where I was but wrist is getting better and better (rehabbing as I type this). Let’s go gentlemen!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 5

Killed it tonight. 

Bench press (at the gym)

3 warm ups 

225 lbs - 2x

250 lbs - 2x

275 lbs - 2x

300 lbs - 2x. Felt easy. Should have went 305 but I’ll save it for next week

245 lbs - 9x. Could have gotten the 10th if I really went for it

Machine Single Arm Bicep Curls (gym)

155 lbs - 10x each arm

170 lbs (whole stack not counting fractional plates) - 3 sets of 10x each arm

Incline Bench Press (friends place)

1 warm up

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 2x

265 lbs - 2x. Smoked that. Buddy said I had another and I totally did but I’ll just move up in weight next week

Barbell Floor Press (Friends Place)

225 lbs - 3x

260 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 1x. Killed it. Buddy told me to do a double but I’ll save it again. Rather be cautious and improve slowly 

260 lbs - 1x. Was going to do more reps but something didn’t feel right. I actually thought we misloaded but I think my position was just off so I called it. 

Very happy with the progress. Now to ice and rehab the wrist cause it’s working well

• Like 3

Damn son!  Very nice work!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Damn son!  Very nice work!

Thanks mike. Feels good to be making progress again. Being back in the gym has definitely energized me 

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Excellent stuff. Were is Eric at these days?

He posted a bench workout 5 days ago in his log

Shoulders and triceps tomorrow guys. Going to keep upping the weights. Let’s go!

• Like 2

Seated one Arm Dumbbell Press went great today:

3 warm ups 

75 lbs - 3x each arm

85 lbs - 3x each arm

95 lbs - 3x each arm

110 lbs - 3x right/105 lbs - 3x left

95 lbs - 7x Right, 5x left

- did other stuff at the gym and ran out of time for triceps so I will do them tonight In the community fitness room. Press strength is on the way up and that will help the bench 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

Great chest and biceps session tonight. Not perfect but I’ll take it. Lost power due to the storm yesterday so I had to go into the office and didn’t get there until 10:30 cause I was waiting for permission to make sure a computer was even available because everyone is working from home. I planned to leave straight from work but left my wrist wraps at home again (argh!) so I had to drive back home then the to the gym so I didn’t get there until late and lifted till close.

Bench Press 

3 warm ups 

225 lbs - 2x

250 lbs - 2x

275 lbs - 2x

305 lbs - 2x but on the second the spotter had to lightly put his finger tips on the bar. Argh. I knew I felt tired on the previous sets cause the weight wasnt popping off my chest like it has been. Also I set up to close to the pins and that thew me off. Oh well I’ll repeat the weight next week and try and get the double clean.

255 lbs - 8x. Back off set for volume 

Incline Bench

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

270 lbs - 2x. Got a bad lift off from a young spotter. He was aggressive with the help and threw it too far forward on me and dumped it on me and I had to reign it in.

225 lbs - 7x. Back off set for volume

Incline Hammer strength Press

270 lbs in plates - 3 sets of 8x, 5x and 5x. Just wanted more volume 

Pec Deck Flys

180 lbs - 10x

195 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 8x

225 lbs - 8x

Single Arm Machine Bicep Curls 

2 warm ups

180 lbs (max weight) - 4 sets of 8x each arm. I’ll try and up the reps next week

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Great shoulder and tricep session today. I moved the workout forward one day so lest rest from my bench session cause I’m going to a grip training session at Tim butlers place tomorrow but still felt strong

Seated 1 Arm DB Shoulder Press

3 warm ups 

80 lbs.- 2x each arm 

90 lbs - 2x each arm 

100 lbs - 2x each arm 

115 lbs Right arm - 2x. Nice!/105 lbs Left - 1x, 2x. There is definitely a sweet spot to hold the DB left with the bad wrist and I didn’t hit it first time so I reset and got a double after the single

95 lbs - 9x right and 5x left

note - huge improvement right and similar to last week left but less rest time from bench. Less rest obviously effecting the bad left wrist more. Gym only has up to 120 lb DBs

Seated DB Laterals 

20 lb DBs - 10x

25 lb DBs - 10x

30 lb DBs - 10x

Machine Rear Laterals 

135 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

Single Arm Machine Triceps Extensions 

1 warm up

140 lbs - 4 sets of 10x each arm 

Note - strength definitely on the raise. Got some goals for tomorrow’s grip session and i plan on taking video. Let’s go!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Feeling great guys. Tomorrow is Bench day. Definitely going for 305 for a double clean top set but if I feel great during warm ups 310 for a double is possible. Let’s go!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chez said:

Feeling great guys. Tomorrow is Bench day. Definitely going for 305 for a double clean top set but if I feel great during warm ups 310 for a double is possible. Let’s go!

Hup hup!

• 2 weeks later...

And... I'm out.  Getting the ol' hip replaced boys.  I'll start back up after it heals.  Good luck to y'all.  Let me know who to send the cash to.

• Sad 2

And... I'm out.  Getting the ol' hip replaced boys.  I'll start back up after it heals.  Good luck to y'all.  Let me know who to send the cash to.

I hope you heal up quickly and fully, Mike!  That's bad news.  But in a way good news...because your chassis will feel better after it's healed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear mike but my dad had it done and is better than ever and I hope the same for you 

Edited by Chez
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Dang brother sorry to hear this!

on a positive note, hip replacements typically are successful. You’ll be back to your normal self in no time big guy.

• Thanks 1