Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

16 hours ago, Chez said:

Sorry to hear that. It’s one of the reasons I never got into armwrestling. I went to a practice once and couldn’t use my arm for 2 weeks and the risk reward didn’t seem worth it to me 

I’ve been a steel bender off and on since 2007. My assessments of risk vs reward is incredibly poor XD

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I’ve been a steel bender off and on since 2007. My assessments of risk vs reward is incredibly poor XD

Amen brother.  Amen.

• Like 1

Not trying to start debates all over the board on this topic, but wanted to also say in this thread I’m not longer natty.

obviously I haven’t lifted in a while, and my bench numbers are nowhere near threatening to anyone here currently. But that may soon change. 🤷🏼‍♂️

so I’m gonna leave it up to you guys if I’m allowed to stay in the race at this point.

a simple yay or nay would be appropriate so not to get the thread locked. I’d prefer it be unanimous one way or another though, so not to make any “nay” votes decide to get mad and drop out due to having to race a guy they don’t want to race. Those still in the race speak up please.

i do offer a caveat! If allowed to stay in the race, and if I pull off a miraculous W (big IF), the whiskey will be donated to the guy with the next best bench.

edit: no* longer. Not not longer. Damn spell check predictive text crap!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Not trying to start debates all over the board on this topic, but wanted to also say in this thread I’m not longer natty.

obviously I haven’t lifted in a while, and my bench numbers are nowhere near threatening to anyone here currently. But that may soon change. 🤷🏼‍♂️

so I’m gonna leave it up to you guys if I’m allowed to stay in the race at this point.

a simple yay or nay would be appropriate so not to get the thread locked. I’d prefer it be unanimous one way or another though, so not to make any “nay” votes decide to get mad and drop out due to having to race a guy they don’t want to race. Those still in the race speak up please.

i do offer a caveat! If allowed to stay in the race, and if I pull off a miraculous W (big IF), the whiskey will be donated to the guy with the next best bench.

None of my business what you put in your body.  I'm cool with it. 

I've never taken gear, but I have tried SARMS a couple times to help my shoulders when they were effed up.  Definitely gave me a little boost while I took them.  And worked wonders on my shoulders.  Haven't been on anything in awhile, but if my shoulders ever got like that again, I wouldn't hesitate.  

• Thanks 1

Im cool with it since you are passing the prize to the next guy and you were open about it 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chez said:

Im cool with it since you are passing the prize to the next guy and you were open about it 

Honestly, given my workout last night you guys prolly don’t have to worry

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Honestly, given my workout last night you guys prolly don’t have to worry

I could jump on a bucket of trenbologna sammiches and still never hit 375.  I am no bencher anyone needs to worry about.

• Haha 1

My wrist is still an issue so I’m far away from even where I use to be ☹️

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Good for being honest. I for one will be interested to see what kinda numbers you can put on your bench enhanced now.

I never have but know I would probably be a really good responder. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, king crusher said:

Good for being honest. I for one will be interested to see what kinda numbers you can put on your bench enhanced now.

I never have but know I would probably be a really good responder. 

Tommy made his statement and because it was a matter of being fair to others, this one post was allowed with respect to the rules and PEDs.  But, that part of it is done now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Tommy made his statement and because it was a matter of being fair to others, this one post was allowed with respect to the rules and PEDs.  But, that part of it is done now.

Fair enough. 

On 7/6/2020 at 2:47 AM, Tommy J. said:

Yay.  Fine by me.  Curious, what are your short & long term goals now besides 375lb.+ T&G and what is your bodyweight?  Is the wrist totally healed?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aaron Jacobs said:

Yay.  Fine by me.  Curious, what are your short & long term goals now besides 375lb.+ T&G and what is your bodyweight?  Is the wrist totally healed?

No other goals. I intend to get 400 on the bench before the world ends though.

hand is good to go. BW this morning 219.

and thanks for the kind words everyone with the fortitude to not only still be in the race, but also for having the guts to enter in the first place. 😁

• Like 2

Continuing to move up and work through the wrist. 4th set of bench was 280 for an easy double and third set of incline was 255 for a triple and hit an easy 285 single floor press 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

On 7/6/2020 at 1:47 AM, Tommy J. said:

This post is for Tom and no need for anyone else to give offer him a proverbial life-preserver or go at me. Over 2 years ago, you were talking empty about how easy it was to bench 315 lbs (even though you had never done so in your life) and 405lbs was going to be a breeze to attain. You mention in the very first post of this thread how you can take it as your not thin-skinned. Question for you Tom- How in the world could you not bench press 315lbs Naturally? You are in mid 30's and weigh well over 200lbs. 

16 hours ago, Chez said:

Continuing to move up and work through the wrist. 4th set of bench was 280 for an easy double and third set of incline was 255 for a triple and hit an easy 285 single floor press 

You go boy!  Try not to hurt yourself this time buddy.  🤣

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

This post is for Tom and no need for anyone else to give offer him a proverbial life-preserver or go at me. Over 2 years ago, you were talking empty about how easy it was to bench 315 lbs (even though you had never done so in your life) and 405lbs was going to be a breeze to attain. You mention in the very first post of this thread how you can take it as your not thin-skinned. Question for you Tom- How in the world could you not bench press 315lbs Naturally? You are in mid 30's and weigh well over 200lbs. 

83cd8ef8b9f40db2b8a46215d2e58fd9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I know you don't want others commenting on this post , but this time I can't help myself.  I see you constantly making comments on this board about how super-strong you are and how you're supposedly one of the top grip guys, and all your other lifts are amazing for a guy in his 50's, and on and on and on.  So I finally decided to check out your YouTube channel, and while I did see some nice lifts, I felt like the bulk of them were fairly average for a male in his 50's who spends any amount of time in the gym.  I just wanted to point that out, because I'm not so sure you're anywhere near the level of strength where you should be calling people out like this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

I know you don't want others commenting on this post , but this time I can't help myself.  I see you constantly making comments on this board about how super-strong you are and how you're supposedly one of the top grip guys, and all your other lifts are amazing for a guy in his 50's, and on and on and on.  So I finally decided to check out your YouTube channel, and while I did see some nice lifts, I felt like the bulk of them were fairly average for a male in his 50's who spends any amount of time in the gym.  I just wanted to point that out, because I'm not so sure you're anywhere near the level of strength where you should be calling people out like this. 

Bench press and empty talk was the only topics between Tom and I. You might be correct that most of my grip lifts are average.

Ok... carry-on. 

aight-im-back.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hang-on-I-need-more-popcorn--.jpg

I gotta grab some wine 🍷 

1 hour ago, IROC-Z said:

Help me understand this. How is a guy who has grip numbers like his average? Can you do over 100 on a wrist wrench? Im curious what qualifies you to tell him he isn’t qualified to call out a guy who hopped on peds because he cant bench? 

11 minutes ago, BottledCitrus said:

Help me understand this. How is a guy who has grip numbers like his average? Can you do over 100 on a wrist wrench? Im curious what qualifies you to tell him he isn’t qualified to call out a guy who hopped on peds because he cant bench? 

I was not calling out Tom, only giving him some of the medicine he often times dishes out. Beef is between Tom and I NOBODY else. As far as my grip being average? I know it is hell of lot stronger than IROCZ.