Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

A355575A-C607-4E28-9AE8-C3F5271DFDFF.jpeg

I was gonna say serious old man strength but it's just plain straight up strength! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, king crusher said:

It took me awhile to realize I had to warm up before working out now days. Of course there was basically no warming up and no problem in my teens and 20's and even early 30's.

Same here, now 40 years old & I start with an empty bar.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

Same here, now 40 years old & I start with an empty bar.

52.  20 x 2 with empty bar and a set of 10 with 95 before I even look at the 45s.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

52.  20 x 2 with empty bar and a set of 10 with 95 before I even look at the 45s.

I usually just do a set of 12 with the empty bar then go to the 25s, but it might not be a bad idea to give it more reps like you are.

• Like 1

I do what they do at westside.  Weld a pair of 100's to the bar. If you cant start with 245 you cant lift there lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, Chez said:

Argh. Had to stop benching tonight guys. I felt a pull near my armpit again. The same as last time so I decided to be smart and call the session and ice and see how it feels next week. 

The ol’ three steps forward one back dance. Heal up quick, Chez. 

20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Very nice work!

Thank you, sir!

19 hours ago, king crusher said:

I was gonna say serious old man strength but it's just plain straight up strength! 

Haha, thanks, man! It’s slowly coming back to where I was as a wee lad of 51. 

• Haha 1

Feeling much better guys. Been icing as much as I can. Just got back from farmers walks. Going to ice again and do some DBs for high reps flat and incline on top of shoulder and triceps work tonight. Ease back into it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Feeling much better guys. Been icing as much as I can. Just got back from farmers walks. Going to ice again and do some DBs for high reps flat and incline on top of shoulder and triceps work tonight. Ease back into it 

Great news!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great news!

Thanks Mike. I also made sure to drink water and stretch and warmup. Turning over a new leaf and spending more time preparing. I have goals to conquer! 

• Like 1

90EEF102-96E7-4ECE-AF55-4C2DEAFEE871.jpeg

• Like 4

I predict when I finally get under a barbell I will be an animal up to 200lbs for reps doing all these reps with 90lb dbs but will hit a wall for the heavier stuff up near 300 due to not touching it for  couple months now.

Today flat db bench 

90'sx10x9 sets last rep of each set long pause and 90x20 10th set! Had lots in the tank going into that tenth set.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, king crusher said:

I predict when I finally get under a barbell I will be an animal up to 200lbs for reps doing all these reps with 90lb dbs but will hit a wall for the heavier stuff up near 300 due to not touching it for  couple months now.

Today flat db bench 

90'sx10x9 sets last rep of each set long pause and 90x20 10th set! Had lots in the tank going into that tenth set.

90# DBs for 20 ain't no joke - especially for a 10th set!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

for real, thats some good cardio!

I'm still stuck doing floor presses with 52.5lb bowflex adjustable dumbbells, 2 sets of 30 reps yesterday (after working my way up to that weight in 5lb increments, 20 reps each set)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Yeah the last time I went all out in reps I hit 27 reps fresh with the 90's. So to hit it for 20 after doing 9 sets of 10 I am happy with that for sure.

36 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

for real, thats some good cardio!

I'm still stuck doing floor presses with 52.5lb bowflex adjustable dumbbells, 2 sets of 30 reps yesterday (after working my way up to that weight in 5lb increments, 20 reps each set)

You might be better off doing pushups.  Do you have any bands?  With the right band combo, you can make a pushup feel like 300 +.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, king crusher said:

Today flat db bench 

Steerong sir

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You might be better off doing pushups.  Do you have any bands?  With the right band combo, you can make a pushup feel like 300 +.

The only band i have is a red, light weight one.  I will probably transition to push-ups once I get warmed up and finish the dumbbell sets.

I can also get my 5 year old to jump on my back for a few extra pounds. he's always up for that

Edited by liftyzig
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, liftyzig said:

The only band i have is a red, light weight one.  I will probably transition to push-ups once I get warmed up and finish the dumbbell sets.

I can also get my 5 year old to jump on my back for a few extra pounds. he's always up for that

I used to have my wife put a 40 lb bag of wood pellets on my back.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I used to have my wife put a 40 lb bag of wood pellets on my back.

That would do it too!

225 x 13.9 again.  2 hours sleep in last 36 hours due to work, so I'll take anything that isn't a regression.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

225 x 13.9 again.  2 hours sleep in last 36 hours due to work, so I'll take anything that isn't a regression.   

Great work for such a small amount of sleep, get some rest man!

• Thanks 1

Just now, liftyzig said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

Yeah, very impressive.  So hard to stay focused and go 100% when you're that tired.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yeah, very impressive.  So hard to stay focused and go 100% when you're that tired.

Late in my shift today, I told one of our Corporate Sales Managers that he was an incompetent buffoon that embarrassed himself and the company every time he opened his mouth.  Just so he didn't misunderstand me, I then proceeded to tell him that he was the absolute worst salesperson I have seen in 30 years of business and that I wasn't sure who he blew to keep his job, because I wouldn't hire him to twirl a sign on the side of the road.

Long hours may not be a problem soon.  Probably should have had a snickers and took a nap.  🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 5