Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What on earth  are you talking about, bro? Trolling?  Never mind, don’t care.

By the way, good job.....  

Anywaaayyyyy..... thanks for the explanation.....as I don’t know anything about sling shots, nor was I comparing anyone. Was asking what it gives the lifter and why it’s used........🤦‍♂️

mmhmm. Get one. Then do 5 reps with 3 plates. Then we can compare weeny’s.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Not raw obviously. But hey? The SS hasn’t been getting much play from me these days. Total weight is 319

And by the way.... was my comment construed by you are “comparing” or downplay of your lift? Because I didn’t think so, not in the slightest. It was a legit question on my ignorance on what those contraptions are for. So, if you took it that way (maybe because I didn’t say atta boy) then you are off base on your thinking that. Again NICE LIFTING! 🥴

Edited by Guest

Just now, Tommy J. said:

mmhmm. Get one. Then do 5 reps with 3 plates. Then we can compare weeny’s.

Ok, on that note.... I’m out. Asked a simple question and you got offended. Sorry.... not playing this little game.

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

And by the way.... was my comment construed by you are “comparing” or downplay of your lift? Because I didn’t think so, not in the slightest. It was a legit question on my ignorance on what those contraptions are for. So, if you took it that way (maybe because I didn’t say atta boy) then you are off base on your thinking that. Again NICE LIFTING! 🥴

I “construed” it based off you’re past relentless quests to justify to yourself why no one is stronger than you. 

Btw I’m locked in all cozy on the bed in moccasins and my charger plugged in. Keep it up.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy J. said:

I “construed” it based off you’re past relentless quests to justify to yourself why no one is stronger than you. 

Btw I’m locked in all cozy on the bed in moccasins and my charger plugged in. Keep it up.

By sticking up for others and telling people to not downplay others? ? Yea okay buddy....whatever you say... like I said, I’m not playing this little game... once again... I’m out .....

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

By sticking up for others and telling people to not downplay others? ? Yea okay buddy....whatever you say... like I said, I’m not playing this little game... once again... I’m out .....

Yeah you are. See? You won’t shut up.

6 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Yeah you are. See? You won’t shut up.

You got me... hook line and sinker. I am on the beach, after all.... and your bait came my way, and I took it. Well, throw this big man back in the water.... I wants to SWIM!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You got me... hook line and sinker. I am on the beach, after all.... and your bait cake my way, and I took it. Well, throw this big man back in the water.... I wants to SWIM!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SUCKA!!!

Red SS BP:

225 x5
205 x 7
185 x 10
155 x 12
135 x 16

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Good set, Tommy! Come on post your sets and reps so we can compare notes!

Thanks man!

Sticking to my guns in not posting my workouts, I won’t be posting my workouts here.

im glad to drop a video here and there. And partake in blasphemous exchanges, since I mentioned talking smack in the opening post... And encourage others. But you guys already know what I’m doing. Lots of volume at around 70%. with the occasional ego day on the bench.

fwiw, while I’m here I’ll mention that my previous best reps on 3 plates in the SS was only 2 reps. And that same week my raw max was 310.

here is a lift from not to long ago with a 3” bar (75lbs) this is 345 for a slight pause.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

here is a lift from not to long ago with a 3” bar (75lbs) this is 345 for a slight pause.

Extremely strong Stephen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Red SS BP:

225 x5
205 x 7
185 x 10
155 x 12
135 x 16

@Tommy J. also. (Tried linking your vid but couldn’t.) Strong work with the slingshot guys. I have the red one and haven’t used it in a while. I definitely plan to bust it out once my regular press strength is back

36 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

And Stephen that is just unfair lol. Strong as hell

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Troll.

Haha maybe transforming into an ogre!!

21 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Extremely strong Stephen.

Appreciate that!! Im working.

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

@Tommy J. also. (Tried linking your vid but couldn’t.) Strong work with the slingshot guys. I have the red one and haven’t used it in a while. I definitely plan to bust it out once my regular press strength is back

And Stephen that is just unfair lol. Strong as hell

Thanks brother 

• Like 1

i guess since this is a safe place.... here is 320lbs for 5 reps on a 2” axle (50lbs)! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

i guess since this is a safe place.... here is 320lbs for 5 reps on a 2” axle (50lbs)! 

Looks like your right? Side (left in video) is lagging a bit behind in this video and the last. Has it always been that way or was there a shoulder injury at one point?

That is a crazy wide grip, no way could I take that grip in my advancing age lmao

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

You've got to be close to 375 right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Mighty powerful!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I think you're right. We should move to disallow his cheater wide grip at the next Illuminati meeting.

Agreed. But if he really is on a weight loss plan and his strength takes a proportionate hit, I move to allow him into our inner circle of bench press domination, that is we let him join the race. 

• Haha 1

I take a super close grip for a bigger guy. I hurt my shoulder a couple times when I went wider 

Edited by Chez

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I take a super close grip for a bigger guy. I hurt my shoulder a couple times when I went wider 

Pinkies on the rings for me.  Same reason. 

39 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Looks like your right? Side (left in video) is lagging a bit behind in this video and the last. Has it always been that way or was there a shoulder injury at one point?

That is a crazy wide grip, no way could I take that grip in my advancing age lmao

Yeah completely destroyed my ac joint in college