Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

Testing my max in two weeks. Getting anxious to see where I am at. I am expecting a new all time best. At the very least, this thread should push me to PR

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Chez said:

Teating my max in two weeks. Getting anxious to see where I am at. I am expecting a new all time best. At the very least, this thread should push me to PR

I like teats and teating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hip replaced yesterday.  Doc said it was one of the worst he's done.  Terrible arthritis and spurs.  No cartilage left.  Labrum had a huge syst and a couple tears.  

Also said the x-rays they took of the left one for comparison means I'll be back on the table in the next few years Getting that one done.  So I've got that going for me.  🤦‍♂️

I'll be able to start benching again in a month or so.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I like teats and teating.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Chez said:

Testing my max in two weeks. Getting anxious to see where I am at. I am expecting a new all time best. At the very least, this thread should push me to PR

As far as I know, your still #1 candidate to win the bottle. Keep grinding big homie.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hip replaced yesterday.  Doc said it was one of the worst he's done.  Terrible arthritis and spurs.  No cartilage left.  Labrum had a huge syst and a couple tears.  

Also said the x-rays they took of the left one for comparison means I'll be back on the table in the next few years Getting that one done.  So I've got that going for me.  🤦‍♂️

I'll be able to start benching again in a month or so.  

Dang! I hope your back at it pain free like it never happened soon homie!

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:36 PM, king crusher said:

Hit a smooth fast 275 on the incline tonight.

Might have got close on a second but may have needed just a hair of assistance on lockout. 

Did 245x3x3 after this and a set of 6 with 225 last rep long paused. Then a fast 185x12 last two reps long pause.

Very strong KC!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

It's been over a year since I put in any effort in bench so not a surprise weights are pretty low. Anyway I managed 140kg today so this will be my baseline for this. 

Bw 200 lbs 

Looked easy. Great lift. Good to see you joining the thread since several people have dropped out. It will help push me to improve 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Last week I hit 205x3 so this week I hit 225x1. Took all I had today. 

Very strong. I do mine standing. Seated is def harder 

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Very strong. I do mine standing. Seated is def harder 

Thanks. For me a strict standing press is harder. I've actually never hit 225 standing strict. With a slight push from the legs I've hit 260 though but an all out off the chest strict standing I've hit 220 once and 215 on a few occasions. 

Where as sitting I've actually hit 225x3 once but I was about 25lbs heavier. 

So I bought some bands from eliteFTS and tried banded bench for the first time ever.

The red pro mini bands basically held a 35lb db off the ground looped up onto the sleeve. So at lockout with my long arms I'm sure it would pull a 40lber off the ground. So I'd say about 80ish pounds at lockout.

I worked up to 5 sets of 5 reps with 185lb in the bar.  So probably 265ish at lockout. 

This was not close to a max although the last rep of the last set was a bit of a push.

I wanted to keep it comfortable as it's my first time and no spot.

I'll try them at home next time. I liked the dynamic feel of it.

18 hours ago, king crusher said:

So I bought some bands from eliteFTS and tried banded bench for the first time ever.

The red pro mini bands basically held a 35lb db off the ground looped up onto the sleeve. So at lockout with my long arms I'm sure it would pull a 40lber off the ground. So I'd say about 80ish pounds at lockout.

I worked up to 5 sets of 5 reps with 185lb in the bar.  So probably 265ish at lockout. 

This was not close to a max although the last rep of the last set was a bit of a push.

I wanted to keep it comfortable as it's my first time and no spot.

I'll try them at home next time. I liked the dynamic feel of it.

Good stuff man. I’m debating throwing in some Mark bell sling shot work next cycle 

Last chest session before I test my max next week and it went great:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups

250 lbs - 8x, 8x, 8x, 8x. Just really happy I completed all these reps since I missed the last one last week and the best part is I felt I had a couple more in the tank last set but decided to save it for the rest of the workout 

335 lbs - 10 second negative on smith machine. Really tried to make it burn

250 lbs - 6x and 7th rep with a spot. At this point my triceps are feeling it 

Barbell Floor Press 

255 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 1x. Felt smooth

Incline Barbell Press

225 lbs - 2x

250 lbs - 2x

275 lbs - 2x but spotter lightly put finger tips on second rep. Triceps are so shot right now 

Machine Pec Deck Flys (palms down)

250 lbs (whole stack) - 12x, 12x 12x, 12x

note - feeling very strong. Ready to max next week and set a new bench press PR!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Last chest session before I test my max next week and it went great:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups

250 lbs - 8x, 8x, 8x, 8x. Just really happy I completed all these reps since I missed the last one last week and the best part is I felt I had a couple more in the tank last set but decided to save it for the rest of the workout 

335 lbs - 10 second negative on smith machine. Really tried to make it burn

250 lbs - 6x and 7th rep with a spot. At this point my triceps are feeling it 

Barbell Floor Press 

255 lbs - 3x

275 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 1x. Felt smooth

Incline Barbell Press

225 lbs - 2x

250 lbs - 2x

275 lbs - 2x but spotter lightly put finger tips on second rep. Triceps are so shot right now 

Machine Pec Deck Flys (palms down)

250 lbs (whole stack) - 12x, 12x 12x, 12x

note - feeling very strong. Ready to max next week and set a new bench press PR!

Damn son!  Great work there buddy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Damn son!  Great work there buddy.

Thanks mike!

278 for 10 tonight. Pretty stoked about this one! This set puts me in striking range of a 370+ 1rm sometime in the next 2 weeks in the sleeves.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

278 for 10 tonight. Pretty stoked about this one! This set puts me in striking range of a 370+ 1rm sometime in the next 2 weeks in the sleeves.

Big set!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Nice!  Looking strong Tommy!

• Thanks 1

Yep, looks like you are right there Tommy. Hope you keep going and get 4 plates 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Big set!

2 hours ago, IROC-Z said:

Nice!  Looking strong Tommy!

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Yep, looks like you are right there Tommy. Hope you keep going and get 4 plates 

Thanks fellas

Like I said above, I’m super excited about that set. It was my strongest one ever.

@Chez

thanks for the kind words sir! You’ve always been one to motivate. Gonna keep chipping away at it.

• Like 2

Some standing strict presses. I guess I can do them at home with a 45 on the bar. Barely though!

Work warning on 205 video lol it was 110% of what I had! Left shoulder mobility is just not up to par on max lifts.  I can still easily lock it out but on max lifts for shoulders it takes a bit more which I didn't have left today.

I know I'd have 210 in the gym where I dont have to walk it way out to the left and lose my air. Once you lose that first big breath you cant get it back all the way. 

I missed 205 just before this by a few inches without sleeves so I added the sleeves. So basically did it once already before this. These sleeves might only be placebo as they are my wifes knee sleeves and a bit loose on my elbows ha

135x16

First upload of 135x16 was flagged for the music.  Guess no more tears is not okay but iron man is on the other video.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

Last overhead press session of the cycle today. I plan to test my max on it next week along with bench press 

Standing Overhead Barbell Press 

4 warm ups 

180 lbs - 8x, 8x, 8x, 8x

245 lbs Seated 10 second negative on smith machine 

185 lbs - 8x

JM Press

1 warm up

135 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

175 lbs - 8x

185 lbs - 8x

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Chez said:

Last overhead press session of the cycle today. I plan to test my max on it next week along with bench press 

Standing Overhead Barbell Press 

4 warm ups 

180 lbs - 8x, 8x, 8x, 8x

245 lbs Seated 10 second negative on smith machine 

185 lbs - 8x

JM Press

1 warm up

135 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

175 lbs - 8x

185 lbs - 8x

4 sets of 8 with 180 on standing strict press is excellent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, king crusher said:

4 sets of 8 with 180 on standing strict press is excellent. 

Thanks buddy. Feel good heading into max week. Going to make sure to rest up and give it all I have 

• Like 3